Cent. Mich. @ No. 12 Oklahoma State (Thurs. Sept 1, 6:00 pm, FS1)

'stache

Is it still MACtion if its at OKST? It shouldn't have come down to that hail mary, but the refs fucked up, the play shouldn't have happened. Doesn't matter any more. Sounds like they're pretty good, hope we blow them out.

Here's Mike Gundy doing one-handed pushups.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

Excited for this one. Don’t care who wins but CMU is a good program and we know what happened last time. I think the pokes pull out the win 45-30. 

If our defense gives up 30 to them, we are in deep shit this year.

We only gave up 30+ points twice last year - to #10 Oklahoma and #5 Notre Dame.

I guess it's fine if our offense goes nuts, plays super fast, they get like 15 possessions and we win like 65-30.

Otherwise, it will be a very bad sign if we give them that many points at home in game 1.

If we do win by roughly a two-TD margin, I'd feel better about a 28-14 type game.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

CMU lost 4 players to NFL:

2x drafted - Both offensive tackles: Bernhard Raimann (Indianapolis Colts) and Luke Goedeke (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

2x UDFA - Leading tackler Greg Kreski (NY Giants) and top pass rusher Troy Hairston (Houston Texans)

They also got poached talent:

S Devonni Reed (South Carolina), LB Troy Brown (Ole Miss), LB George Douglas (SMU), Amir Saddiq (Charlotte)

Jim McElwain putting together a good program at CMU in his fourth season. Should be noted he also suffered a seizure just over a month ago right as camp was starting, was in hospital for a couple days but was given a clean health shortly thereafter.

I don't expect this CMU team to be near the level of last year's team from their player losses, especially on defense.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

Is it still MACtion if its at OKST? It shouldn't have come down to that hail mary, but the refs fucked up, the play shouldn't have happened. Doesn't matter any more. Sounds like they're pretty good, hope we blow them out.

Here's Mike Gundy doing one-handed pushups.

I mean that's cool and all..can he ride a shark, though?

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Cooper rush doesn’t have a brother does he?

God I hope not.

Here's my CSB about him....

So after we "lost" to them in 2016, my buddies and I are back in Tulsa at one of the bars downtown. There are a group of CMU fans there, so I go over and start chatting them up... they are very cool and so we are boozing and having a good time. One of the fans is wearing a Cooper Rush jersey and I make a comment about how impressed I was with him, etc., and the guy says, "Thanks, that's my son!"  (I immediately am relieved that I wasn't talking shit about him, lol) :D 

Another person with them was the starting Center who had graduated from the previous year's team who is also Cooper Rush's best friend.  They couldn't have all been any nicer, especially considering the circumstances.

I always kind of rooted for them after that. It wasn't their fault the refs in that game didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I just want to avoid another 23-16 Missouri St shitfest like last year. Dominate and get the backups some reps, please.

That's never been our style. It'll be a vanilla game plan that keeps us ahead but a blowout. The 21 point spread is surely for outsiders who don't know our program. We all know the spread is way too high for an OKST non-con G5 game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

That's never been our style. It'll be a vanilla game plan that keeps us ahead but a blowout. The 21 point spread is surely for outsiders who don't know our program. We all know the spread is way too high for an OKST non-con G5 game.

We'll see.

Last year we had Sanders out with Covid, like 1 healthy WR, a banged up OL and the guy who ended up being our best/starting RB had 6 carries. Plus, Mizz State ended up being a decent FCS team.  That's a recipe for a close game.

We've blown out plenty of overmatched teams early in the year when we've been healthy and good.

No idea if that's what's going to happen tonight, but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1