Other Games Thread 2022 edition

shadow_operative2.0

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Do you guys really look back on the Mack Brown era negatively?  Wow.

I think a lot of coaching tenures can be broken up into different eras.

Like at Pitt, for hoops, we have Jamie Dixon, Part 1, which was fucking awesome. Jamie Dixon, Part 2, was increasingly bad. Unfortunately the Mack Brown era ended poorly and there is always a bit of Recency Bias, or What Have You Done For Me Lately, in regards to coaches.

How else can we explain Kentucky fans being frustrated with John Calipari? I’d love to have Pitt basketball & football, have those kinds of disappointing seasons.

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Do you guys really look back on the Mack Brown era negatively?  Wow.

I don't think we look at the MB era negatively...we look at the last 4 years of MB's tenure, and the way he left, negatively.  If he had retired after the 2009 NC game, he would still be remembered fondly around here.

The UT job is tough. It grinds on people and wears them down There would have been no shame in a late 50s Mack admitting after a decade it had done it to him. That much was clear from his effort on a lot of fronts. Instead he tried to be untrue to himself and ended up acting like a petty bitch in the process. All because he couldn’t just admit he was tired.

46 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

That teary-eyed UNC chick will love hearing that Iowa State is on the verge of beating their No. 1 men's bball squad. Black Friday indeed. 

I clicked on espn and this was the homepage for at least a few minutes.  I doubt anyone predicted UNC hoops would get skunked 

F2463F96-9EA3-4A1F-95F6-DF6F2943157D.jpeg