Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

are there a lot of waterheads that said Quinn Ewers sucked on here apologizing?  It's weird, there aren't a lot of them on my Sark thread apologizing either.  I'm sure it will happen at some point in time, right?

We’re not giving you any more material to whack off to in your camper. No sir. 

giphy-downsized.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

are there a lot of waterheads that said Quinn Ewers sucked on here apologizing?  It's weird, there aren't a lot of them on my Sark thread apologizing either.  I'm sure it will happen at some point in time, right?

Not many, but I’m sure plenty are circling while waiting for the next bad long ball, interception, or bad decision. 

Texas scored 34 and had probably two dropped TDs and there are people here talking about the questionable third quarter, so…

• Haha 1

If he was such a genius he'd call the touchdown play every time we had the ball.

Yeah but you gotta mix in some designed fumblerooskis on 4th down qb sneaks too. An offensive genius would do it on 1st and 10.

I laughed
image_2023-09-11_160810656.thumb.png.8d4d7961a8489afb86f215d4efa91d6c.png

That anonymous players name has been revealed: Albert Einstein.

18 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I loved Worthy's effort all night on Saturday. I am thankful he hauled in the long touchdown. I think the first drop on the goal line was something we can believe at this point was an aberration.

But we need to identify who does what. The play here (and his Georgia career) shows that the ball Ewers threw that got to Worthy's hand in the end zone over the CB and just before the safety got there has a MUCH higher probability of being caught by the good guys if it's thrown to Mitchell.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, TotallyLegit said:

It's Luke 17:21, "...the kingdom of God is within you". I'm not a Biblical scholar, but given that Leo Tolstoy wrote a book with that title, which influenced Mahatma Gandhi, I suspect it's the Christian version of "be the change you wish to see in the world." At least, that's how I interpret it. It's my favorite verse

Huh. I figured Quin was more of a Dostoyevsky guy. 

2 hours ago, sidis said:

giphy.gif

see my spoilered text wall novel above.  and that's all i was saying.  worthy is an interesting fella in that he made that play but didn't pull in that thing of beauty quinn put out there on the goal line.

Bull fucking shit. You said Worthy’s TD catch was a “brutally bad throw and Quinn’s worst pass of the game”, which is so outlandishly stupid it makes it impossible to take anything else you say seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I will eat crow after the performance becomes a regular thing. 

He had a great game. He had a great OU game last year. Let’s win a few more before we start sucking each others dicks 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

He had a great game. He had a great OU game last year. Let’s win a few more before we start sucking each others dicks 

Calm down, Winston.

But, yes, as even Ewers acknowledged, there are other games to be won and he needs to maintain a fairly high level of performance for the team to get where he, and we, want it to be. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I see a pretty big leap from that OU game to Saturday. He did exactly what he was asked against OU, but that game was blown open by Sark’s gameplan on offense. He barely had to make any plays downfield at all. 

We needed him the threaten the entire field against bama and that’s what he did   

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I loved Worthy's effort all night on Saturday. I am thankful he hauled in the long touchdown. I think the first drop on the goal line was something we can believe at this point was an aberration.

But we need to identify who does what. The play here (and his Georgia career) shows that the ball Ewers threw that got to Worthy's hand in the end zone over the CB and just before the safety got there has a MUCH higher probability of being caught by the good guys if it's thrown to Mitchell.

i think that is what will happen going forward...but remember that xavier pulled the exact same play/catch he dropped on that perfect third down ball in at the clutch moment to win the awful, awful iowa state game last year.

the one that annoyed me more in terms of identifying who does what was the slant to whittington.  that is a td if it is to 5.

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

If he throws to the corner of the end zone, which is where Worthy's route was originally taking him, it is an extremely easy catch for a wide open Worthy. He would have been untouched. As is, Quinn did good getting enough air on it for Worthy to adjust, but he also dragged Worthy back to the middle of the field, giving the db a little bit of an angle to dive and attempt to disrupt Worthy's now more difficult catch. It wasn't a terrible throw, and was infinitely better than pretty much everything we saw last season outside of the Bama game. I much prefer what Quinn did to him trying to throw to the corner but putting the ball out too far like we saw many times last year. 

The moonshot was deliberate!  He was testing to see if the clown could catch 6th grade street ball td!

I see a pretty big leap from that OU game to Saturday. He did exactly what he was asked against OU, but that game was blown open by Sark’s gameplan on offense. He barely had to make any plays downfield at all. 
We needed him the threaten the entire field against bama and that’s what he did   

Yeah, those aren’t comparable. He made shitty throws and decisions versus OU. They were beaten from the kickoff.

58 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

AD had single coverage on that throw… wonder what coverage on X looked like? 

Not sure it has been mentioned here, but the throw from deep in Texas territory to Mitchell down the sideline was an audible. Sark gave Quinn the ability to call the fly to Mitchell, whenever he saw the right coverage/match up. That is big progression in Quinn’s development. I dont think that Sark would have given Quinn that power last year. 

17 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

If he throws to the corner of the end zone, which is where Worthy's route was originally taking him, it is an extremely easy catch for a wide open Worthy. He would have been untouched. As is, Quinn did good getting enough air on it for Worthy to adjust, but he also dragged Worthy back to the middle of the field, giving the db a little bit of an angle to dive and attempt to disrupt Worthy's now more difficult catch. It wasn't a terrible throw, and was infinitely better than pretty much everything we saw last season outside of the Bama game. I much prefer what Quinn did to him trying to throw to the corner but putting the ball out too far like we saw many times last year. 

Worthys original route had him heading to the sideline at about about the 10 yard line. It was too flat to catch the ball in the endzone & would have required a more difficult throw to get it to him in time for him to be able to turn up field & run. Quinn's throw would have been better placed on the other side of the "A" in the endzone but the route made the catch more difficult than it had to be, the throw was really good & gave Worthy plenty of time to adjust his route to be able to catch it over his shoulder instead of directly over his head.

It's not to say the route was run incorrectly either, that may have been a split second decision by Quinn when he saw the safety drop & knew Worthy was 1v1 & had already beaten his man to take a shot at the TD instead of the route that had originally been called. If that's the case that makes the throw & the adjustment by Worthy even more impressive since it was all done in a split second. 

Either way it was a great throw & a great adjustment/catch as well. There's no need to downplay either aspect of it.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 hours ago, Armybrat said:

What is the story?

Michael Jordon Anecdote

As detailed in Joe Vardon's recent piece for The Athletic, Wilkins recalled that Jordan once had the audacity to enter his opponents' locker room and warn them that it would be "a long f------ night" before posting a standout performance early in his career.

"I remember him walking into our locker room in Chicago, and he walked right by me," Wilkins told Vardon. "And I'm like, what the hell is he coming in our locker room for? And he walked by me, walked by Kevin [Willis], and he tapped Randy Wittman on the leg, and he said, 'Lace 'em up, it's gonna be a long f---ing night.' And he walked out."

Edited by Gandalfish
added a quote from the article so you don't have to click the link.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The funny part is we spend all this time bellyaching about his footwork and he didn’t really even step into either of the long bombs. The Mitchell one he had some interior pressure that was about to fall in his lap and the Worthy one he just sort of flicked his wrist.

He showed more contact courage against Bama than Rice. That was the biggest difference I saw. He stood there and delivered balls even if the footwork wasn’t perfect.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

The funny part is we spend all this time bellyaching about his footwork and he didn’t really even step into either of the long bombs. The Mitchell one he had some interior pressure that was about to fall in his lap and the Worthy one he just sort of flicked his wrist.

He showed more contact courage against Bama than Rice. That was the biggest difference I saw. He stood there and delivered balls even if the footwork wasn’t perfect.

I feel like the pocket is starting to slow down for him.....he's more fluid moving around in it 

• Hook 'Em 1

Worthys original route had him heading to the sideline at about about the 10 yard line. It was too flat to catch the ball in the endzone & would have required a more difficult throw to get it to him in time for him to be able to turn up field & run. Quinn's throw would have been better placed on the other side of the "A" in the endzone but the route made the catch more difficult than it had to be, the throw was really good & gave Worthy plenty of time to adjust his route to be able to catch it over his shoulder instead of directly over his head.
It's not to say the route was run incorrectly either, that may have been a split second decision by Quinn when he saw the safety drop & knew Worthy was 1v1 & had already beaten his man to take a shot at the TD instead of the route that had originally been called. If that's the case that makes the throw & the adjustment by Worthy even more impressive since it was all done in a split second. 
Either way it was a great throw & a great adjustment/catch as well. There's no need to downplay either aspect of it.

Just out of curiosity, do you gots any experience throwing passes?

That catch was hard as shit by the way.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Was he the reason we lost to UDub last year?  66% completion rate, 369 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Texas fans crack me up.  Dude doesn't dime a 54 yard bomb so it's an "awful pass".

I believe one person said it was an awful pass, just about everyone else is saying he could have made it an easier catch for his receivers.

This reminds me of last year when some had their criticisms of Ewers after the OU game and were told to shut up because he played a great game and then those same issues became more present the rest of the year. 

I’m glad he hit on the deep balls but I hope he continues to get better.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I believe one person said it was an awful pass, just about everyone else is saying he could have made it an easier catch for his receivers.

This reminds me of last year when some had their criticisms of Ewers after the OU game and were told to shut up because he played a great game and then those same issues became more present the rest of the year. 

His only glaring issue in the Bama game was some happy feet right before halftime. That went away on the other drives. He looks different this year and having Milwee on the field is helping him as well. 

You're not pointing out a "glaring weakness" you're simply nitpicking a really good throw that he was missing but he hit this game. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

His only glaring issue in the Bama game was some happy feet right before halftime. That went away on the other drives. He looks different this year and having Milwee on the field is helping him as well. 

You're not pointing out a "glaring weakness" you're simply nitpicking a really good throw that he was missing but he hit this game. 

Sarkisian specifically mentioned this, said Milwee talked to him about it and got him recentered, and the issue went away. Good observation, good coaching, good being coached. Pretty nice. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SarkAfterDark said:

The biggest things I took from this performance was Ewers command over the offense and his pocket presence. He wasnt contact shy. He took some hits and delivered the football (Sanders 3rd down conversion). He did not throw fade away jumpers in the face of the rush (mitchell sideline route). For the most part he stepped up in the  pocket, instead of bailing out to the right. For the vast majority of the game  his reads were timely and on point. He showed patience (RPO to Mitchell for a TD). His deep ball was better, but the other things give me more confidence going forward. He just needs to prove that Bama was not a 1 off. The arguing over how good of a TD pass it was is just minutiae. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Never said anything about a glaring weakness. My take is while I’m happy he hit on the deep balls there is still room for improvement. Both Worthy and AD made really good catches but had either one dropped those people would have come down on the respective receiver when Ewers could have given them much easier passes to catch. My take is I'd much rather him work to get better on his placement on deep balls instead of having the WRs have to make difficult catches as the former will increase the success rate.

We also saw a number of "drops" throughout the game and I'd wager it's because those balls weren't being placed where they normally are during reps. I suspect the Bama WRs were able to make a number of difficult catches because that's what they are used to in practice.

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet