Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

It's the off week and I'm petty.....

Remember when a bunch of posters thought Card was better than Quinn? And this is after Purdue's played Fresno State, V-Tech, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa. Wait till after OSU and Michigan roll through.

Screenshot(422).thumb.png.1d2286a1e5f96fdb803db2dc58467ae3.png

Screenshot(423).thumb.png.64d1545019bdf8e178d521249c96e5d3.png

Remember when a bunch of posters thought Card was better than Quinn? And this is after Purdue's played Fresno State, V-Tech, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa. Wait till after OSU and Michigan roll through.

Card was a significantly higher rated passer than Ewers last year and should have been given a chance to come in and win the Oklahoma State game in relief. I don’t think there was ever a serious “Card should start and be the long term answer” cohort.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Comparing this year's Quinn to last isn't fair and neither is comparing this year's Quinn to this year's Card. 

Quinn is having his breakout season. 

Meh. This is a case of the portal working out well for both sides. I hope Card kicks ass against OSU and Michigan.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Comparing this year's Quinn to last isn't fair and neither is comparing this year's Quinn to this year's Card. 

So you mean someone on surlyhorns could take something out of context, or compare apples to oranges or compare something not like to some thing ............. ugh, no way. That's unpossible.

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Card was a significantly higher rated passer than Ewers last year and should have been given a chance to come in and win the Oklahoma State game in relief. I don’t think there was ever a serious “Card should start and be the long term answer” cohort.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

28 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

So you mean someone on surlyhorns could take something out of context, or compare apples to oranges or compare something not like to some thing ............. ugh, no way. That's unpossible.

Yes. Some SurlyHorns were comparing Card's numbers, after starts vs UTSA, Tech, and WVU to who Ewers had to play against. Or you know....apples to oranges. Lol. I said then that it wasn't really comparable. I was told Quinn sucks, especially by Derka, and that Card was a much better player because of numbers vs totally different teams, just like the first post I quoted. So I am just operating inside the guidelines I was given. Don't hate the player...you know the rest.

1 hour ago, Texasrocks said:

Meh. This is a case of the portal working out well for both sides. I hope Card kicks ass against OSU and Michigan.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m happy for Card. He’s a good guy. Seems like he’s pretty much thriving. 

I have no problem with Card. I wish him the best. Just as I wish Murphy the best when he leaves.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Yes. Some SurlyHorns were comparing Card's numbers, after starts vs UTSA, Tech, and WVU to who Ewers had to play against. Or you know....apples to oranges. Lol. I said then that it wasn't really comparable. I was told Quinn sucks, especially by Derka, and that Card was a much better player because of numbers vs totally different teams, just like the first post I quoted. So I am just operating inside the guidelines I was given. Don't hate the player...you know the rest.

image.gif.0a3e189f638a0c25431fba8b08ec38e5.gif

You're having a statistical argument against this guy?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Card is a good Longhorn, so is Quinn.  Both of these guys laid themselves on the line for us, so no sense in beating them up.

I was told Quinn sucks, especially by Derka, and that Card was a much better player because of numbers vs totally different teams,

bull fucking shit. god damn you people. i try to leave shit alone and every two days someone is on here straight up lying about something i've supposedly done or said. 

show the receipts dude. show me saying that quinn sucks. show me posting about hudson card. you can't, be a use neither of these has ever happened. 

why do y'all do this? why do you completely fabricate negative shit about me, just to complain when i don't appreciate it and ask you to show the receipts? fucking ridiculous.

Just now, shadow_operative said:

bull fucking shit. god damn you people. i try to leave shit alone and every two days someone is on here straight up lying about something i've supposedly done or said. 

show the receipts dude. show me saying that quinn sucks. show me posting about hudson card. you can't, be a use neither of these has ever happened. 

why do y'all do this? why do you completely fabricate negative shit about me, just to complain when i don't appreciate it and ask you to show the receipts? fucking ridiculous.

It was a joke man calm down. 

• Like 1

Just now, immamac said:

it was not a joke, and it's not cool. i have this horrible reputation that's based on either posts i made 12-15 years ago, or based on complete fucking fabrication like this bullshit idea that i have said that quinn sucks, or that ive championed hudson card over QE. people are constantly just making up negative shit about me which everyone else then takes as gospel. don't tell me to calm down when that's the case. if you're going to paint me in this negative light then back it up with something substantive, otherwise all you're doing is making life here harder on everyone.

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

it was not a joke, and it's not cool. i have this horrible reputation that's based on either posts i made 12-15 years ago, or based on complete fucking fabrication like this bullshit idea that i have said that quinn sucks, or that ive championed hudson card over QE. people are constantly just making up negative shit about me which everyone else then takes as gospel. don't tell me to calm down when that's the case. if you're going to paint me in this negative light then back it up with something substantive, otherwise all you're doing is making life here harder on everyone.

• Haha 1

GD! Y’all just leave Derka be. It’s like kicking a hornet’s nest. 

As far as Quinn goes—he was injured last year, played very erratic  when he came back and by his own admission (his words in articles I read this summer) was not taking being QB1 as seriously as he should have. Spent off-season changing his diet, losing bad fat, working out and getting more into the playbook (which again was something he admitted he needed to do.) Card didn’t flash that natural throwing ability he possesses when the lights got bright nor did he come with built in hype that Ewers himself helped to create. Card just worked his ass off and tried the best he could in the games where he came in as reserve. He portaled out and was a good Longhorn and only the biggest of assholes doesn’t wish him luck.

Some of the fair criticism of Quinn he brought on himself. Many of us felt in games where Quinn was mightily struggling last year that Card should be brought in for a few series to get a spark going but not to take Quinn’s job nor to be the permanent starter. Quinn did a lot of growing up in the off-season and it shows. all of that is water under the bridge. But it’s not out of line to criticize people. BUT BOOMER THAT I AM I KEEP FORGETTING THAT CRITICIZE MEANS FIRE OR GET RID OF OR DEMOTE OR WHATEVER to the younger generations that got a trophy just for tying their fucking shoes. Lol. 

Good for both Card and Ewers they are finding their stride and in good places. Hook’em. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Da Fino said:

Everyone? 

nibody likes it when a thread gets derailed because i'm arguing with 9 different people at one time. and that generally only happens when someone else comes at me like an asshole, totally unprovoked. so, general rule of thumb, if you don't want the thread you're posting in to go off the rails, don't talk unwarranted shit to/about me. just keep it about the thread topic, or at least wait until i deserve to have you talk about what a piece of shit i am. that's all i ask. 

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

nibody likes it when a thread gets derailed because i'm arguing with 9 different people at one time. and that generally only happens when someone else comes at me like an asshole, totally unprovoked. so, general rule of thumb, if you don't want the thread you're posting in to go off the rails, don't talk unwarranted shit to/about me. just keep it about the thread topic, or at least wait until i deserve to have you talk about what a piece of shit i am. that's all i ask. 

Wow. Fair enough. 

55 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

54 minutes ago, immamac said:

It really was a joke man. I was just fucking around. It's never been that serious. My bad if I overstepped.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

It really was a joke man. I was just fucking around. It's never been that serious. My bad if I overstepped.

yeah, so, what happened is, i thought you were coming at me, so i gave it back to you hard. i came at you hard, and people aren't comfortable with that sort of behavior, and that's why i should try something different here. so that's my bad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

something i've felt while watching this year is that Sark deserves a lot of credit not only for Quinn's development, but specifically for the way he's been setting him up for success on game days with his game planning and play calling. he does what GDGD always tried to do and he gets Quinn several early completions on easy, one-read throws- only these throws actually go for a positive gain and help move the chains.

situationally, whether it's been 2nd-and-long, inside the red zone, 3rd and 7, or whatever the case is, Sark has consistently made intelligent play calls that are allowing Quinn to make quick, easy reads, with route combos and formations designed to get our best play makers in space. i think that Sark has lived up to his billing as The QB Whisperer, evidenced not only by QE's growth from last season, but also with the way that Quinn appears to be way more comfortable running the offense this season with Sark consistently setting him up to succeed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Looked like the hit was to some combination of his ribs and his non throwing shoulder. He played the rest of the series so it must have been something he thought would go away and obviously didn’t.

Hopefully it’s just a contusion, as anything worse in either of those areas would likely be the sort of thing that would cause him to miss some time.

2 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

What’s timeline for that.
Paging the nurses

depends. displaced vs. non displaced?  nonop or operative?  which side? either way, I suspect if true, unless we are playing for a playoff spot at the BigXII title game, his season would be done

I think that’d put him on the shelf for the rest of the year. Or damn close to it. I really hope that’s not what we’re looking at, but the way he was walking after coming out wasn’t great.

I wonder if he still leaves early if that’s the case. If so what a damn shame for Texas and him. We never got to see him play out a full season.

7 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

My guess is collarbone based the brace he looked to have under street clothes. If it’s broken he might not play again at Texas. That’s a 4-6 week out injury. 

He tried to play through it. It’s not a broken fucking collar bone and it’s a shoulder thing. 

• Hook 'Em 7