Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, Wiler77 said:

I'd rather have Maalik than the injured version of Quinn that showed up against OkSt last year.  If he plays, he better be healthy.

One of the worst takes that gets parroted about on this site is that Sark should have benched Quinn in the Ok St game last year for this guy:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4429032/hudson-card

Yeah, no thanks to that, ever.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, C-Man said:

SRS at CFB Reference:

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 12.00.37 PM.png

don't think SRS excludes garbage time, which is why i like FEI and SP+ more.

edit: oops they do some calculations on max MOV so that is at least something from that standpoint.

College Football SRS: Our CFB SRS does not contain a home-field advantage element, but it does have some other quirks. Most importantly, we have capped the margin of victory considered for the formula. Due to the number of mismatches seen in college football, the maximum point differential a team can be credited with in a game is 24. We also credit all wins as a minimum of plus-7 margin of victory (so if you win by 1 point, it's treated the same as a 7-point win). The same logic is applied to losses, as well. One other wrinkle for CFB is that all non-major opponents are included as one team for the sake of the ratings.

Edited by NoName

7 minutes ago, mdleast said:

PLEASE tell me they are working with Quinn on his sliding technique (being any slide and not knocking into defenders).

After seeing what TCU did to Gabriel last year when he slid, I think I'd prefer Quinn to just not run this week unless the game is closer than it should be in the 4th. It'll be interesting to see who comes off the bench first if the game is a blowout. Since MM has had plenty of gametime experience do we get to see Arch?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The grades of sprain in this injury are related to how much separation of the soft tissue occurs at the joint. Usually you can see this damage on MRI but a arm weighted xray can show the relative soft tissue damage from normal vs abnormal gaps between bones. 

I don’t like the grading system as grades 1 and 2 encompass everything short of a complete tear. But for his return this fast, I would assume he had a higher grade 1 and not a true grade 2 sprain or he was visited by Jesus in order to heal this quickly.

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Grade 1: 1-3 weeks
Grade 2 : 2-4 weeks
Grade 3: 4-6 weeks

Depends on severity....seems like Quinn had grade 1 if he was already throwing the ball last week. So long as the pain doesn't encumber him he's good to go and should be about 85-90%

Credentials:

Holiday Inn Express - Wikipedia

I played center and had a similar injury - was ready to go after two weeks. QB's throwing shoulder is next level but it can certainly be done. I'd love to be a fly on the wall with the medical team and hear how close to 100% Ewers is, and especially what his re-injury risk is.

30 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Him knocking the rust off versus TCU and not ISU makes me happy 

Honestly, and I know this is a hot take given ISU merc'ed TCU, but I think the latter is a more dangerous team to Texas. All you need to beat ISU if you're Texas is 21-24 points. It is easy to see TCU's offense running up the snap count and throwing it all over the field on Texas if the offense has a rough game, which was my concern thinking Murphy would be the guy. Less concerned with Ewers, knock on wood.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I played center and had a similar injury - was ready to go after two weeks. QB's throwing shoulder is next level but it can certainly be done. I'd love to be a fly on the wall with the medical team and hear how close to 100% Ewers is, and especially what his re-injury risk is.

Here are Sark's exact comments(timestamped). Sounds like he's throwing like normal.

16 minutes ago, mdleast said:

PLEASE tell me they are working with Quinn on his sliding technique (being any slide and not knocking into defenders).

PLEASE tell me they are putting in extra time and emphasis on pass pro with the O-line this week and the remainder of the season.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Here are Sark's exact comments(timestamped). Sounds like he's throwing like normal.

I mean it's not like Sark is going to come out and say "Well if he gets hit once we're back to square one and if y'all thought his deep ball sucked before you just wait; oh and I'm pretty sure he went back to Chick Fil A during his time off... but sheeeeit, y'all saw the INTs Maalik has been throwing, I don't have a choice lolz"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Add engineers 

Can confirm. 

Ewers will have to throw the ball away instead of scrambling, but this isn't the Tom Herman hero QB offense. 

Maalik still gets to play when it's 45-3 at the end of the 3rd Q. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I mean it's not like Sark is going to come out and say "Well if he gets hit once we're back to square one and if y'all thought his deep ball sucked before you just wait; oh and I'm pretty sure he went back to Chick Fil A during his time off... but sheeeeit, y'all saw the INTs Maalik has been throwing, I don't have a choice lolz"

It's interesting because he says he can make all the throws and his arm got stronger as the week went on. The details from practice are key.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's interesting because he says he can make all the throws and his arm got stronger as the week went on. The details from practice are key.

Again, Sark is not going to come out and say "lol he can't execute concepts more than 15 yards past the LOS right now but he has been really good at avoiding purple jerseys in practice" even if that's the case. We'll know soon enough, I'm just curious if this it's Ewers healing quickly or if they felt like they *had* to pull the trigger because of Murphy's ball security issues. Maybe a bit of both.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Again, Sark is not going to come out and say "lol he can't execute concepts more than 15 yards past the LOS right now but he has been really good at avoiding purple jerseys in practice" even if that's the case. We'll know soon enough, I'm just curious if this it's Ewers healing quickly or if they felt like they *had* to pull the trigger because of Murphy's ball security issues. Maybe a bit of both.

If you actually listened you would know it was a decision from Quinn, his family, the doctors.....You think Quinn's dad would allow him to come back sooner than he should and risk hurting his future more?

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Can confirm. 

Ewers will have to throw the ball away instead of scrambling, but this isn't the Tom Herman hero QB offense. 

Maalik still gets to play when it's 45-3 at the end of the 3rd Q. 

It would be amazing if MM gets to come in and throw a few passes. At some point we're going to need him (and his mind right). Nobody talks about the mental part, but these are kids who need to learn how to get back up again. 

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If you actually listened you would know it was a decision from Quinn, his family, the doctors.....You think Quinn's dad would allow him to come back sooner than he should and risk hurting his future more?

It’s very obvious the family and their personal doctor was okay. Yes he wants to win, but not at the expense of his NFL future 

Edited by Js1

37 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

And also please tell me that Quinn is practicing with the baseball team to learn how to slide.  

Less likely to be concussed diving. QBs often wait too long to slide therefore getting destroyed., (ask Dillon Gabriel, if he remembers) That rarely happens diving or just protecting yourself going down. Sliding just makes you a easier target IMHO.

• Hook 'Em 2

57 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

It would be amazing if MM gets to come in and throw a few passes. At some point we're going to need him (and his mind right). Nobody talks about the mental part, but these are kids who need to learn how to get back up again. 

There is a substantial chance MM never has another meaningful snap in a Texas uniform, if Quinn stays healthy the next two months.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

There is a substantial chance MM never has another meaningful snap in a Texas uniform, if Quinn stays healthy the next two months.

Yup, if Quinn stays strong (and we still can't put anyone away) and Arch steps up next year, he'll have to get back on the horse somewhere else.

51 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Less likely to be concussed diving. QBs often wait too long to slide therefore getting destroyed., (ask Dillon Gabriel, if he remembers) That rarely happens diving or just protecting yourself going down. Sliding just makes you a easier target IMHO.

Agree

Honesty I wish they’d get rid of the sliding rule. It’s unfair to the defender while also creating a larger risk of injury to the QB

It makes no sense 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Agree
Honesty I wish they’d get rid of the sliding rule. It’s unfair to the defender while also creating a larger risk of injury to the QB
It makes no sense 

How does sliding, and indicating to the defender to back the fuck off, a bigger injury risk to the qb than just getting drilled by some linebacker or headhunting safety?

2 hours ago, Wishbone said:

PLEASE tell me they are putting in extra time and emphasis on pass pro with the O-line this week and the remainder of the season.

I would settle for not asking Sanders to block TCU's best pass rusher 1 on 1. Sark did that vs Houston and that is how Ewers got injured

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1