Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

Motherfucker I spend the majority of my free time around people that have injected more testosterone in a week than you will ever naturally possess in your life. I’ve forgotten more about A&P, diet, and anabolics than you will ever know. Adding 20 pounds of muscle, which is different than adding 20 pounds of body weight, ain’t fucking happening. Professional bodybuilders whose sole dedication is eat, sleep, and train don’t add 20 pounds of muscle in 3 years. And finally, the post I quoted said summer, but go ahead and fuck right off with your 8 months too because that ain’t happening either.
All those steroids won’t fix your little pee pee, buddy
Cock fight!!!!

Motherfucker I spend the majority of my free time around people that have injected more testosterone in a week than you will ever naturally possess in your life. I’ve forgotten more about A&P, diet, and anabolics than you will ever know. Adding 20 pounds of muscle, which is different than adding 20 pounds of body weight, ain’t fucking happening. Professional bodybuilders whose sole dedication is eat, sleep, and train don’t add 20 pounds of muscle in 3 years. And finally, the post I quoted said summer, but go ahead and fuck right off with your 8 months too because that ain’t happening either.

Is this copy pasta like that navy seal thing?

Quinn doesn’t look the type to throw 20lbs of muscle on easily, but I’m not sure the weight of his muscle is as important as his strength gains. From the looks of him, he can probably grow his squat by 100lbs and that will definitely help him.

6 hours ago, kevwun said:

A depth chart full of lightning fast receivers and now a TE who is even faster than Sanders.  Quinn is gonna be looking at wide open dudes all over the field next year.

Yes, amazing portal work by Sark.  Dude is a roster builder, among other things

What area does Ewers need to improve on the most: pre snap recognition or post snap progression?

The most common talking point has been his need to improve going through his progressions but I can’t help but think that shortcoming is partly due to not always reading defenses correctly pre-snap and having a good idea of where to go if first read isn’t there.

But I would like for better football minds to chime in. 

On 1/19/2024 at 8:36 PM, Hornmatic said:

What area does Ewers need to improve on the most: pre snap recognition or post snap progression?

The most common talking point has been his need to improve going through his progressions but I can’t help but think that shortcoming is partly due to not always reading defenses correctly pre-snap and having a good idea of where to go if first read isn’t there.

Sark has said before that a lot of his plays are designed to get one guy open and not necessarily to have multiple options.   Like some plays were schemed to go to Worthy no matter what.  If he’s not open on time then buy yourself 2 or 3 seconds until he gets open rather than looking for other options. 

I am patiently waiting to see how things are with different receivers. Sometimes things tend to work themselves out, like winning some of those 50/50 balls every now and again. We will see how things go.

football minds???????  lololololololol

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Sark has said before that a lot of his plays are designed to get one guy open and not necessarily to have multiple options.   Like some plays were schemed to go to Worthy no matter what.  If he’s not open on time then buy yourself 2 or 3 seconds until he gets open rather than looking for other options. 

That just seems foolish to me. 2 or 3 seconds is a long ass time after you’ve decided your only read is covered.

12 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

That just seems foolish to me. 2 or 3 seconds is a long ass time after you’ve decided your only read is covered.

Dumb question here,  but when college quarterbacks finally get helmets with 2-way radio communication with their OC coaches, will your scenario be impacted significantly?

22 hours ago, Frank Drebin said:

Improve the deep ball and red zone.  That's it.

Checks notes…

Hair cut - check

lost weight - check 

improved his relationship with Jesus - check 

deep ball - tbd 

red zone offense - tbd 

ah, you forgot spelling, he needs to improve his spelling.

but that just about covers it. 

• Like 1

Dumb question here,  but when college quarterbacks finally get helmets with 2-way radio communication with their OC coaches, will your scenario be impacted significantly?

I’m sure it will wind up being like the NFL. 10 secs left on the play clock it gets muted.

If someone can't put on 20 lbs of muscle in 8 months can anyone explain the remarkable transformation of Colt McCoy? ..............It can be done, without steroids even. I did it at the tender age of 23. People accused me of using steroids. I had never been into any type of strength training or bodybuilding. I simply dedicated myself to transforming my body. I will say that once Transformed it was damn tough adding muscle weight. Was a very slow process, took another year to add 10 pounds.

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’m sure it will wind up being like the NFL. 10 secs left on the play clock it gets muted.

Eight field officials, three on chains, three in the boxes... not enough reffing yet. Let's add helmet radios and at least one or two more officials to monitor communications usage and timing. While we're at it, let's put millimeter-GPS transducers in all the footballs and connect them to the cameras in every pylon.  

Wait, though... should the helmet equipment be receive-only or shall we let coaches and QBs interact? While we're at it, shouldn't WRs and TEs be able to listen in? Can we at least put IR beacons on their helmets and put an eyepiece in the QB helmets so they can see who's where?

If someone can't put on 20 lbs of muscle in 8 months can anyone explain the remarkable transformation of Colt McCoy? ..............It can be done, without steroids even. I did it at the tender age of 23. People accused me of using steroids. I had never been into any type of strength training or bodybuilding. I simply dedicated myself to transforming my body. I will say that once Transformed it was damn tough adding muscle weight. Was a very slow process, took another year to add 10 pounds.

f136280848b5861ee82e2dd922a8b1ec.jpg

Please let’s not do this again

Eight field officials, three on chains, three in the boxes... not enough reffing yet. Let's add helmet radios and at least one or two more officials to monitor communications usage and timing. While we're at it, let's put millimeter-GPS transducers in all the footballs and connect them to the cameras in every pylon.  
Wait, though... should the helmet equipment be receive-only or shall we let coaches and QBs interact? While we're at it, shouldn't WRs and TEs be able to listen in? Can we at least put IR beacons on their helmets and put an eyepiece in the QB helmets so they can see who's where?
...7a5938ee2182aa874d6236bea6247b74.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I’m thinking about this new EA CFB game that’s supposed to be coming out. Obviously they are keeping the selection under wraps right now as far as who is on the cover, but is there any returning player that would have a better case than Quinn?

But I’m also forgetting how this works, do they usually go with returning players or someone being drafted?

5 minutes ago, Nope said:

I’m thinking about this new EA CFB game that’s supposed to be coming out. Obviously they are keeping the selection under wraps right now as far as who is on the cover, but is there any returning player that would have a better case than Quinn?

But I’m also forgetting how this works, do they usually go with returning players or someone being drafted?

It will probably be Shedeur Sanders.  Should it be?  No, but that would be my guess.  

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It will probably be Shedeur Sanders.  Should it be?  No, but that would be my guess.  

True. Quinn will probably have a higher rating than him on the game though, so that’s a bit awkward.

2 hours ago, Nope said:

In the past it was a player who had gone pro because you couldn’t pay the players for their NIL when the game was previously made.  Now you can. So there’s no direct precedent. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, hornian said:

In the past it was a player who had gone pro because you couldn’t pay the players for their NIL when the game was previously made.  Now you can. So there’s no direct precedent. 

Didn’t even think of that. That would also be why the college game has never had its own version of the Madden curse, because the player doesn’t have to come back and face those heightened expectations in an otherwise similar environment. Now I’m not so sure I want Quinn on the cover.

Edited by Nope

Before, it was the previous years Heisman winner or the player that should have won it (Looking at you, Larry Fitzgerald). They did some occasional throwbacks at the end.

Supposedly, Ollie Gordon is the highest rated player on the game at 99. I find that hard to believe.

I’d love for Brooks to be on the cover, or Sweat and Murphy. If not them Ewers. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Shadeur because Deion is gonna wind up lobbying for that.

I wonder if they will go with the regional approach for the cover for the first one back.

The great thing now days is it can be a current player.

13 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Feel like they won’t put a current player on there, but if so it’s Sanders and then Quinn if they decide CU doesn’t have as much hype now. Shit they might put Saban.

Saban would be great for marketing because dynasty mode is supposed to be the featured game mode.