Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

But how healthy is Card ??  If it's a high ankle sprain he's a sitting duck out there...

watching the replay.  that was cheap shit too.  they picked him up and twisted his leg going down.  fuck these motherfuckers.  we better start bringing pipes.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, lubbockhorn88 said:

Am I the only one who thought Ewers looked a bit out of shape? Looks like he's carrying a bit of bad weight in the midsection, and I thought it was especially noticeable during warmups. Dude can sling the ball, but he's still 19 and hopefully he'll be less injury prone after more time in the weight room.

How do you get your SC joint in shape?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Roethlisberger had this exact injury in 2012 and missed 4 games. 

I think 5-6 is much more likely for Ewers. 

Rapelisberger was like 31 at the time. QE is 19. My body healed way slower at 31 than it did at 19 and I’m not a high level athlete getting beat on for over a decade like Big Ben

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Need to get some plays and packages together for Rojo to take some snaps. Get some Rojo in 2 back sets with Bijan and K.Rob/Brooks. Mix in some Marion Go-go, etc. 

Gotta have a plan if QB2 goes down. If Maalik can get work and sark thinks he’s serviceable…. Then fine. However, if you are giving me the option of Wright vs Rojo…….. gimme Rojo all day. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

As someone who’s been married over 20 years my SC joints are like titanium 

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

And since it is,  it's really about managing the pain, from what I understand. If he's a pro QB, I'm guessing they just shoot him up and he plays. I'm good holding him out until dallas. 

We don’t play the cowboys this year 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

And since it is,  it's really about managing the pain, from what I understand. If he's a pro QB, I'm guessing they just shoot him up and he plays. I'm good holding him out until dallas. 

also as a doc if you tell a patient they will be back to full activity in 6 weeks and they are back at 4 they think you’re brilliant. Tell them 3 and they’re still not ready by 4 they are wondering Wtf is wrong 

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

watching the replay.  that was cheap shit too.  they picked him up and twisted his leg going down.  fuck these motherfuckers.  we better start bringing pipes.

You'll notice that on the very first offensive play Bama had after the Ewers shit, we extracted our price on the RB who had burned us for that 1st quarter TD.

That, almost more than anything else, made me hopeful. Like the defense had the offense's back, right?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I'm digging deep for a silver lining, but assuming Card isn't too injured to go, it's suddenly a very good thing the qb competition went as long as it did in camp.  At least he's had a lot of quality reps.

I know how we all feel about him starting, but there's no way more work with the first team offense in camp hurts his preparation.

Am I the only one who thought Ewers looked a bit out of shape? Looks like he's carrying a bit of bad weight in the midsection, and I thought it was especially noticeable during warmups. Dude can sling the ball, but he's still 19 and hopefully he'll be less injury prone after more time in the weight room.

His weight/fitness had nothing to do with getting his shoulder slammed to the turf — nothing
  • Hook 'Em 4

When exactly did that occur? I keep repeating Card was hobbled the entire second half but I honestly don’t remember if that’s accurate or not.

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'm digging deep for a silver lining, but assuming Card isn't too injured to go, it's suddenly a very good thing the qb competition went as long as it did in camp.  At least he's had a lot of quality reps.

I know how we all feel about him starting, but there's no way more work with the first team offense in camp hurts his preparation.

Those extra reps didn't help his accuracy, pocket presence, or issues holding the ball too long.

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet