Dallas Cowboys 2022 Regular Season Thread: Fuck Jerry Jones

Vic Mackey

Rush did that a backup should and that's tread water. And that's fine. But there's a reason why Dallas fan base is constantly mocked. There was a ton of people who seriously thought this team was better with Rush and he is better than Dak lmao. This ceiling on this offense under Rush is very very low. There's zero chance of a break out big game. He won games because absolutely nothing was asked of him and the defense never gave up 20. It was painful watching this offense with him. Had this defense been worse for his starts, we might have lost them all. Especially the Rams game.
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Might be a good idea to float all your dirty laundry out there ahead of time and then just wrap it in with the Dan shit in a package with everyone else’s shit and then shoot it out into the universe of nothingness. If you’re a creepy asshole, not a bad strategy. 

On 10/17/2022 at 9:09 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

Ooouch! This is likely because Cooper gets so many third and longs. The offense lacks creativity and deception. Would love to see some firings mid-season - or now. 

Noticed that this thread isn't getting a lot of attention. That's partly because the NFL has turned to shit. Too much holding. Everyone holds on every play. Always enjoy watching highly paid athletes who can't do their jobs without cheating.

There should be a 2-hold Rule. The second time during a game that a player is called for a hold, he is ejected, subject to video review. The game would change dramatically and for the better. QBs would have to scramble. Receivers would be breaking free all over the place. 

Ooouch! This is likely because Cooper gets so many third and longs. The offense lacks creativity and deception. Would love to see some firings mid-season - or now. 
Noticed that this thread isn't getting a lot of attention. That's partly because the NFL has turned to shit. Too much holding. Everyone holds on every play. Always enjoy watching highly paid athletes who can't do their jobs without cheating.
There should be a 2-hold Rule. The second time during a game that a player is called for a hold, he is ejected, subject to video review. The game would change dramatically and for the better. QBs would have to scramble. Receivers would be breaking free all over the place. 

As a long ago o lineman back when hands werent allowed, I have zero interest in seeing the nfl getting any stricter with holding calls. The league also isn’t going to do anything that potentially puts quarterbacks into harms way because your pro bowl tackle is on the bench because of two holds. These men are paid first to protect the qb at all costs. An injured qb typically ends the season.

So your job is dependent on protecting your QB from Aaron Donald. He is proficient in leveraging players from legitimate blocks into potential holds. It’s not cheating. It violating a rule either inadvertently due to a talent deficit, or an error.

Holding is called far too often. I think the rule should be loosened slightly. It is a devastating drive killing penalty in the nfl almost every time. That is penalty enough.

I’d like to see the nfl move to the college PI rule as well.

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Billionaire slap fight92fcde63c707d3d2aa1817a0ed12747f.jpg

Lulz. He also appears to be the only owner concerned about the compensation of RG. Which is hilarious when you consider some of the contracts he’s given current and former players. Wish I could have seen that…they are all getting annoyed with Synder so I wonder what happens with that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Credit Micah Parsons for a "butterfly effect" moment in yesterday's football game.

When Jared Goff found Brock Wright crossing on a 2nd-and-5 pass early in the fourth quarter, it looked like Wright was going to score and give Detroit the lead. But Parsons got on his horse and walked him down just before the goal line. In real time, I thought Wright had still managed to find paydirt, but replays showed his knee touched with the ball about a half-yard before the endzone.

So what, right? Detroit still had a 1st-and-goal situation.

Well, Jamaal Williams uncharacteristically fumbled on the next play, and Dallas linebacker Anthony Barr quickly covered it up. The Cowboys didn't march 99 yards for a score, but they did advance the ball and flip fields.

Goff then threw a third-down pick on Detroit's next drive, awarding Dallas a relatively short field. Eleven plays and 54 yards later, the Cowboys are up and not looking back at 17-6.

Goff would then get stripsacked on Detroit's next two possessions (the second courtesy of Parsons).

I know a great deal has been said about Parsons and his impact on this defense, so I'm not opining anything original, but geez, what a difference maker he's been.

• Hook 'Em 1

Defense is top 3 in the NFL if they can stay healthy. Even Sam Williams had two sacks on around 12 snaps.

Lack of splash plays on offense outside of Pollard is the weakness. Lions had a week of rest but the Cowboys couldn't even tear apart a terrible defense beyond Okudah. Noah Brown killed two drives on his own then Steele and Tyler Smith got whipped by Hutchinson a couple times. Know everyone always blames Dak or Zeke but huge difference between the weapons last year compared to gimpy Schultz, Gallup, Lamb and Noah Brown.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

DLaw was the one who had a great play at the goal line and caused that fumble.

And the very next play at the 1, we got it out of there and got a 1st down. That was also a huge play.

True, but if Micah doesn't walk Wright down on what first looked to be an easy touchdown for Detroit, those next two plays don't happen.

Not saying it's all Micah--it's a team game and Dallas has loads of talent--but it definitely seems to start with him.

48 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

True, but if Micah doesn't walk Wright down on what first looked to be an easy touchdown for Detroit, those next two plays don't happen.

Not saying it's all Micah--it's a team game and Dallas has loads of talent--but it definitely seems to start with him.

For sure. I just wanted to give props to DLaw for that big play. That play changed the whole outcome of the game as you said. Detroit was about to take the lead and we were playing in mud the whole game. We might have still won but the game definitely changes. But it did kind of even out when Noah Brown fumbled inside the 5 when we were going down to score.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

For sure. I just wanted to give props to DLaw for that big play. That play changed the whole outcome of the game as you said. Detroit was about to take the lead and we were playing in mud the whole game. We might have still won but the game definitely changes. But it did kind of even out when Noah Brown fumbled inside the 5 when we were going down to score.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

I don’t get Schultz playing hurt when the two young guys have done well in his absence.

Our d tends to get hammered by misdirection in both run and passing game but what matters is scoring. Holding any nfl team to zero TDs is an achievement. Quinn has done a good job beating the Hot Boys culture out of this front seven, Armstrong and Parsons have given Tank a new life. Who the fuck do you block?

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Dont watch the Raiders but Pro football focus currently has Johnathan Hankins graded better against the run than every Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle except for Trysten Hill. Hankins was #1 among all DL in the NFL against the run in 2020.

PFF's grades are fucking trash, though. You should only use them for the raw stats they give. I have zero idea about this guy so this isn't a knock on him. But when Byron Jones is one of the top rated DBs and then last year, they shit all over Diggs, that tells you all you need to know. 

I have no idea why Dallas undervalues the DT. It isn't sexy like DB or DE but without good ones, your defense will be soft up the middle and put a ton of exposure to your LBs and ours aren't really that good (not counting Parsons when he plays there). Good, big DTs can clog up the middle and cut down on those creases and holes. And give opposing QBs pressure up the middle, which they hate the most. Yet we get these undersized, spares who do nothing and we wonder why we are gashed over and over in the run game. Making this trade is a good thing but how about finding your own in the draft and quit cheaping out on this position? 

Run defense and LB play are the biggest concerns on this defense. Then DB play outside of Diggs. 

If the offense isn't going to be putting up big numbers as they have did in the past, defense will need to sure up their holes going forward. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

PFF's grades are fucking trash, though. You should only use them for the raw stats they give. I have zero idea about this guy so this isn't a knock on him. But when Byron Jones is one of the top rated DBs and then last year, they shit all over Diggs, that tells you all you need to know. 

I have no idea why Dallas undervalues the DT. It isn't sexy like DB or DE but without good ones, your defense will be soft up the middle and put a ton of exposure to your LBs and ours aren't really that good (not counting Parsons when he plays there). Good, big DTs can clog up the middle and cut down on those creases and holes. And give opposing QBs pressure up the middle, which they hate the most. Yet we get these undersized, spares who do nothing and we wonder why we are gashed over and over in the run game. Making this trade is a good thing but how about finding your own in the draft and quit cheaping out on this position? 

Run defense and LB play are the biggest concerns on this defense. Then DB play outside of Diggs. 

If the offense isn't going to be putting up big numbers as they have did in the past, defense will need to sure up their holes going forward. 

Based on the recent moves and upgrades Dallas has made on defense over the past two seasons, it seems as if Quinn has gotten hold of Jerruh's ear and the Ol' Reptile is actually listening to him.

Or maybe that's just wishcasting on my part.

O-line is going to be a work in progress, but imagine if Amari were still on the team ...