Texas vs. #1 Alabama

Pancho

1 minute ago, houstonevo8 said:

If he truly has an AC separation on his non dominant shoulder you aren't going to reconstruct his AC joint and let him take hits at 6-8 Weeks, won't be healed in time. Again, if its an AC separation on his non dominant arm, im guessing they let the pain and swelling subside for a couple of weeks, and then try and get him through the season before doing anything (if they ever even need to) 

All we know is it's a "clavicle sprain" whatever that means. And yes, it's his non-throwing shoulder.

Fwiw though, Drew Brees agrees with you if it's an AC separation lol

3 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I keep seeing “clavicle sprain”. I wonder if he has an SC (sternoclavicular sprain) instead of AC joint. Or maybe they just want to be vague

Yeah who knows. I assume the xrays came back negative for a break though which seems like good news.

1 minute ago, Rudy Rutabaga said:

It has occurred to me that people with the initials QE had a rough weekend.

QE 2 earlier in the week.

QE 3 today.

Sigh...

• Hook 'Em 1

Kind of cool to see so many players Tweeting out how much they love the team, longhorn nation, etc right now. Can't remember seeing something like that after a loss.

Also - sounds like we had a great crowd. Will Anderson said craziest he's ever played in. Love to hear it. Good job fans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

We were a botched hold, Sanders getting mugged in the end zone with no call, fuckhead Dallas Tuner driving Quinn into the turf, and robbed safety away from making this a very different game..and not just barely winning.

Defense was on fire today, let's see if they can keep that intensity vs shit opponents.

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So proud of this team. It sucks to lose but they showed what they're capable of. They stood toe to toe with the #1 team in the nation and were an injured QB and Big 12 fuckery away from pulling off the upset. Really shows how great the hire of Patterson was. The defense looked so good. Yes, they can improve. Yes, they once again gave up the lead. But they were supposed to get blown out today. I'm very optimistic about where we're headed. Hopefully Ewers isn't facing a long term injury. 

Proud as fuck. They played their asses off. Lot of momentum to build off of.

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

The team played well. This loss hurts because we looked liked the better team.  I'm happy about both veterans and new players looking better than expected.   Defense went all out.

I'm confused how I should be feeling right now.

Think about how they looked against Arky last year compared to today.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Well a lot of bama players were giving the horns down as they walked off of the field

Yep, one of them right over the UT receiver on the ground at the end of the game.  Didn't show their true colors until they ran for the exits.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

The kick wasn't rushed. The snap was bad, the hold wasn't right or Bert just shanked it. It wasn't missed because we were hurrying there.

I disagree. It was chaotic and hurried. There was zero harm in calling a time out. Even leaving your offense out there beforehand and make Alabama believe you were going for it. There were options other than rushing to kick 

Just now, ONE YARD said:

When out  win the last true big 12   Win the sugar bowl, then win sec next year  

It’s what we do  

To paraphrase our minister of culture: Time is a flat circle and all that jazz  

I mean if we're fantasizing about winning out then we're not playing in the Sugar Bowl because we'll be in the playoff if we do.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I mean if we're fantasizing about winning out then we're not playing in the Sugar Bowl because we'll be in the playoff if we do.

I’m too drunk to even spell win correctly.  Don’t listen to me.  But my dream is sound 

Edited by ONE YARD

Watching replay now.  Will say this-  on their 82 yard TD run it was refreshing to see FOUR of our guys busting balls chasing him the entire way.  Contrast that with BJ fucking Foster clowning and giving up on plays he didn’t think contact was worth his time.  That’s a mental shift and it’s not insignificant.

• Hook 'Em 7

All I want to say is that I was at the game and I have never met a more classless fan base than the Alabama fans. They acted like we didnt belong on the same field witht hem and then started screaming for us to suck their motherfucking dicks as soon as they kicked the last field goal. Then they started chanting SEC. Terrible fucking fans holy shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

Did some Googling on potential Ewers injury. Assuming the term "sprain" was accurate, it sounds like an AC sprain is the most likely injury and a fairly common one in football. SC sprain sounds pretty rare and supposedly the Ewers play was a classic AC injury type of hit.

I didn't read a ton but the examples I saw for NFL players with AC sprains had them missing very little time (most 0-1 game). Kyler sprained his throwing AC and didn't miss time. Tom Brady sprained his non-throwing one, didn't miss time. Justin Jefferson (WR) didn't miss time. Odell Beckham had a Grade 3 one last year, left the game "shrieking in pain", still played the next week. Mccafrey had an "AC joint separation" and missed at least 2 games (maybe 3, not clear).

Will Rogers (Miss St) sprained his throwing AC joint against Bama last year and actually finished the game.

Of course, I have no idea severity or if that is indeed what QE has. But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Did some Googling on potential Ewers injury. Assuming the term "sprain" was accurate, it sounds like an AC sprain is the most likely injury and a fairly common one in football. SC sprain sounds pretty rare and supposedly the Ewers play was a classic AC injury type of hit.

I didn't read a ton but the examples I saw for NFL players with AC sprains had them missing very little time (most 0-1 game). Kyler sprained his throwing AC and didn't miss time. Tom Brady sprained his non-throwing one, didn't miss time. Justin Jefferson (WR) didn't miss time. Odell Beckham had a Grade 3 one last year, left the game "shrieking in pain", still played the next week. Mccafrey had an "AC joint separation" and missed at least 2 games (maybe 3, not clear).

Will Rogers (Miss St) sprained his throwing AC joint against Bama last year and actually finished the game.

Of course, I have no idea severity or if that is indeed what QE has. But I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Depends on the degree.

6 minutes ago, Modessit said:
2 hours ago, Slacks said:
I'd have to look again, but if it passed the LOS is probably not grounding.

It hit our player in the helmet. Not grounding. But it would have been.

I dont think hitting someone in the head with a ball automatically makes it not grounding. If the ball is going to nobody, then it is grounding. Doesnt make sense that they would be benefitted by someone tipping a ball. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

Saludos Horns

Game plan -Offense TEXAS > BAMA

Game plan - Defense DITTO

In game adjustments DITTO

Control Line of Scrimmage DITTO

Poise DITTO

Attention to play clock DITTO

Maintaing momentum DITTO

DKR vibe 11 on a scale of 10

I’m surprised we won. Good luck Horns from here on out. 

Ýoure making it damned difficult to hate on you bastards right now ...you realize that don't you?

• Like 1

Did all these guys leave the game after the injury?

Not implying anything at all about Ewers. Just trying to compare if they left a game and came back the next week besides Odell.

28 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Didn’t see any “Horn’s Down” today 

and

Didn't hear and secsec chants.  

Good.

Go watch the final play of the game. They had two Alabama players standing over Bijan with horns down while another guy tries the rip the ball out of his arms. Classless thug team.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Modessit said:
2 hours ago, Slacks said:
I'd have to look again, but if it passed the LOS is probably not grounding.

It hit our player in the helmet. Not grounding. But it would have been.

surely it can't be the rule that (if you're not down and) you're about to get safetied, just throw the ball at a defender's body. All good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Go watch the final play of the game. They had two Alabama players standing over Bijan with horns down while another guy tries the rip the ball out of his arms. Classless thug team.

Yes and Nick Saban saw that and yelled at them, on mic "don't do that shit"

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

I disagree. It was chaotic and hurried. There was zero harm in calling a time out. Even leaving your offense out there beforehand and make Alabama believe you were going for it. There were options other than rushing to kick 

It was blocked. Just a missed assignment upfront. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Longhornlove said:

Should have been intentional grounding which would have resulted in a safety.

Agreed. Refs really screwed the pooch this game. I watched the African American sideline ref just screw us over and over on the spot. Like 10 times. In fact they had to review his alabama spot because he was giving them the first when it was fourth down.