Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

30 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Last year in highschool one of arch's best qualities was his ball control, he very rarely had negative plays and basically never turned it over. Hes gotta be better at managing a game late than murphy who is unfortunately a turn over machine. Arch can play every game now and still redshirt.

Man, I'm not sure i want to claim a kid playing 2A LA ball is just ready to game manage a P5 game 7 games into a season. 

But I'd have him ready to come in next game. 

QB Coach has to get current backup ready to play like he did in Q1 for a whole game. The ability was there in Q1, so fix the psychology and/or  coach him more.

And figure out why your offense can't score TDs in the red zone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Junípero Serra High is a private school.

Ha. Well I know Mater Dei would murder any Texas private school, and admittedly LA private schools are better than any TX outside of Parish or Jesuit. But I agree on wanting to see Arch now if Quinn isn’t ready. 

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean, first of all, you're a fucking dumbass. Of the highest order. You're a dick-ass poster that doesn't move shit.

Second of all, yes, I was hammered and threw a # out there. 

Third of all, this is the internet. There's no way for you to realistically hold me accountable without getting the owner of the site involved. 

I @ed him. He didn't respond. That's that. 

I would happily pay you $200 if some argeement was established but there was none. 

Sucks to suck. 

A dumbass of the highest order is one that just last week suggested MM, after the BYU game, was better than QE. You’re a loudmouth hothead. You talked a LOT of shit, made a bet, and I accepted. You’re now welching like a little bitch. I have no idea what a “dick-ass poster that doesn’t move shit” means. I’m brand new, and I can assure you I’ve been following the Horns and Rangers longer than you have, and am much closer to both than you are. I’m not trying to hold you accountable, and at this point, I wouldn’t even want you to have my personal info to make payment. But you absolutely are a welching bitch. You’re probably a young poor that parting with $200 would set you back for months. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

The problem with Murph is when he drops back he is letting it go no matter what. Probably in high school there wasn't a throw he couldn't make. College is different. He will sort it out, but how fast remains to be seen.

There’s probably not a throw he can’t make at the college level too, especially if he sets his feet.

“People want MM to run because he’s black”

No. I want him to run (in limited cases) because he’s a 240lb, muscular collegiate athlete. I’ve seen fat fuck unathletic QBs rumble and stumble for a few easy yards. MM did it in the spring game. If it makes opposing defenders at least hesitate before keying in on our RBs, it’s a net benefit.

What I really want is for the dumbfuck throws to stop.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slacks said:

Man, I'm not sure i want to claim a kid playing 2A LA ball is just ready to game manage a P5 game 7 games into a season.

But a kid playing div 2-aa california football is ready to manage a p5 game 7 games into the season?

Anybody who parrots the "highschool quality" of arch might want to take a look at where maalik played.

We had to wait an entire season for Quinn Ewers to find any kind of touch on a deep ball. Maalik has showed it already, but the Johntay trip on the duck INT and the colossal fuck up on the screen pass will overshadow everything. Didn't like the way 1st half closed, but he had an awesome response in the 4th after Kstate pulled even

Big Highs

Big Lows

Archie Manning isnt touching the fucking field

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

But a kid playing div 2-aa california football is ready to manage a p5 game 7 games into the season?

Anybody who parrots the "highschool quality" of arch might want to take a look at where maalik played.

Yep and as cliche as it may be, Arch grew up in that family so I expect football IQ to be his strength at this point. I don’t think he puts the ball at risk like Murphy has been doing.

Just now, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

You’ve convinced me of this, but, Maalik is much bigger, and has a year of redshirt system experience. Bottom line is, I want to see Arch but it doesn’t really matter, I don’t think. Without Quinn, any of the remaining games are losable. 

Real talk, arch is a better running threat than maalik. Murphy was never advertised as a running qb. I have no idea why so many people expect him to tuck it and run.

Uh I do. Because he’s 6’ 6” and Black and most dudes like that on TV can run. Somehow we got the unicorn with concrete blocks as feet.
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Slacks said:

But I'd have him ready to come in next game. 

QB Coach has to get current backup ready to play like he did in Q1 for a whole game. The ability was there in Q1, so fix the psychology and/or  coach him more.

And figure out why your offense can't score TDs in the red zone. 

The one thing for Arch is he essentially ran Sark’s offense in High school, so it isn’t going to be completely foreign to him 

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I don’t need Lamar Jackson at QB, but you gotta have someone who can take the free yards when it’s there, especially on 3rd and medium.

Just saying, arch is quite literally known as the "mobile manning"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCbwhVgSbuc

He had some crazy runs in hs.

Edited by WelfareBuysMyWeed

Gotta learn to protect the ball better especially next week on the road.

Maalik sure was careless today -- definitely was rattled in the 2nd half.  Sometimes yah gotta throw the ball away or take a sack instead of risking an interception.  

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn autocorrect

3 minutes ago, Vermin said:

We are so lucky that the KState coach is regarded. They could sell out to stop the run and there's no way we could score a TD in 2OT.

Yep. I’d have extended the game solely to get a turnover out of Maalik. It was just a matter of time. They had all the momentum. I’m really surprised they didn’t kick and extend. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Murphy's mental approach deteriorated pretty quickly.

He is a typical young QB with little Div 1 football experience. Resist the urge to show your ass in this thread.

Not sure what his strengths are but Sark doesn't seem to do much to help him out either.

Inexperienced QB always means you design for the TE more often than not. Typically, they are much easier throws to make and we happen to have a dominant TE. I am not seeing that from Sark. 2 catches for Sanders.

37 throws to 35 rushes? Balance, sure, when you have a full squad available. You are short two starters and running at a 5 yard clip. ADJUST, Sark!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

100% a welch. Bet was agreed upon.

ugly look for you.

you should be PMing and asking the guy for his PP or Venmo.

Well it sounds like JW doesn’t want the $200 bad enough to dox himself to ztejas. 

A compromise might be a $200 donation to the Texas One fund. Or I’d happily take a $200 donation to my Movember campaign to fund research to fight men’s cancer. :)

Edited by RichUT
  • Hook 'Em 3

I think it was mentioned that Maalik missed some practice time with back issues. It isn't beyond the realm of possibilities that whatever problems he has/had were aggravated during that first half. I'd like to think it was that rather than just pure fuckery. 

Whatever, the fact that MM looked like shit and we still didn't see Manning makes me wonder if Arch was just flat not looking that good in practice. 

If Ewers still can't go in the next couple of weeks... we may need to commence sacrificing chickens, rum, and cigars to Jobu.

9 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Well it sounds like JW doesn’t want the $200 bad enough to dox himself to ztejas. 

A compromise might be a $200 donation to the Texas One fund. Or I’d happily take a $200 donation to my Movember campaign to fund research to fight men’s cancer. :)

Fuck cancer. Piece of shit disease took my dad.

you’re doing the Lord’s work, brother

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RichUT said:

I don’t want the money. I certainly don’t want that guy to have access to my info. I’m satisfied knowing he was wrong, admitted such, yet continues to make an ass of himself with ridiculous aggression toward me and has shown everyone his word means shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The problem with Murph is when he drops back he is letting it go no matter what. Probably in high school there wasn't a throw he couldn't make. College is different. He will sort it out, but how fast remains to be seen.

Yeah.  He is actually decent at seeing the defense and knowing his matchups, but he hit the second option only a few times.  He forced a lot of passes.  And it's the second time a short route was disrupted and he chucked it to a defender instead of ground it.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

He’s been on campus since January 2022 and he’s still this bad. I don’t have high hopes.

Do you have a daily bad takes quota? He's obviously not ready now, but saying he sucks as a young QB because he's making young QB mistakes is something.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

His second start in college and he has 250yds 1td 2 picks on fluke plays and beat a top 25 team that gives us problems when Seniors start at QB. You’re drunk and embarrassing me in front of my friends when you say a 2A Louisiana high school is “essentially” running Sarks offense

Edited by StassneyHorn

12 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

His second start in college and he has 250yds 1td 2 picks on fluke plays and beat a top 25 team that gives us problems when Seniors start at QB. You’re drunk and embarrassing me in front of my friends when you say a 2A Louisiana high school is “essentially” running Sarks offense

Throwing it right to a defender (repeatedly) is not a "fluke play," Mrs. Murphy.

• Haha 1

Neither is it when Quinn does it and defenders drop it

10 minutes ago, Waterface said:

This fucking guy has a good arm for deep throws, but has vapid awareness, poor mechanics, questionable accuracy on mid/tier throws, and an inability to deal with any semblance of pressure. In short, he is a bad quarterback.

Literally his second start

• Hook 'Em 1

Granted Maalik looked lost after halftime, but he wasn't as bad as some of you guys are making him out to be.  

The first pick should have been PI, but no call.  Then we had a punt blocked that led to a KSU TD.  Then Maalik made a HORRIBLE throw for an INT...another TD for KSU.  But then Brooks fumbled leading to another TD for KSU.  

So yeah, he wasn't perfect, but he put up 27 in the first half...and could have been more had we kicked a couple of easy FGs instead of going for it on 4th twice.

It was his second game, against t ranked team, and we won. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, DixonHur said:

Granted Maalik looked lost after halftime, but he wasn't as bad as some of you guys are making him out to be.  

The first pick should have been PI, but no call.  Then we had a punt blocked that led to a KSU TD.  Then Maalik made a HORRIBLE throw for an INT...another TD for KSU.  But then Brooks fumbled leading to another TD for KSU.  

So yeah, he wasn't perfect, but he put up 27 in the first half...and could have been more had we kicked a couple of easy FGs instead of going for it on 4th twice.

It was his second game, against t ranked team, and we won. 

Nah, it was pretty fucking bad. He is way too careless with the ball to be relied on.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

I don’t want the money. I certainly don’t want that guy to have access to my info. I’m satisfied knowing he was wrong, admitted such, yet continues to make an ass of himself with ridiculous aggression toward me and has shown everyone his word means shit. 

well he’s a known dipshit and welcher, so there’s that

20 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I think you’re embarrassing yourself. It’s been widely reported that Newmann runs a lot of the same concepts and even verbiage that Sark is running at Texas. 2A has nothing to do with what offense a team runs. That doesn’t mean he is prepared for the speed of the game, just that he is familiar with the playbook 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers