Game Week West Virginia

Wulaw Horn

Just now, D3zii said:

I’m really nervous that this is the reason Sark is doing this!! I hope not cause if that’s the case this guy has to go

Come on now

This wouldn’t even make sense, dude isn’t healthy to play yet. Sark knows what he’s up against perception-wise this year

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

Also i know its a different injury but Sark probably saw what happened with Tua and said nope, gonna wait another week on this one.

Sark also has to battle perception with another huge fish on the line.  Rush Ewers back, he gets hurt again and the whole Manning family thinks, "hmmmmmmm"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Welp sark has another excuse to lean on with the sark apologists 

He's running out of those. Card should be able to get a win against a team like West Virginia. If he doesn't that's on the coaching staff for not putting the offense in a position to win. It will be another white knuckle ride. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Sark also has to battle perception with another huge fish on the line.  Rush Ewers back, he gets hurt again and the whole Manning family thinks, "hmmmmmmm"

I actually didn’t consider this, but I think winning means more.
Snakebit with all of these key injuries, but should be able to eke out one of these games. 

11 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

No excuses for me. Shoulda been able to handle Tech with Card and WVU is the same story.

This is how I feel. I'm done giving Sark an excuse. You can win with Card. You just need to figure out how to make that happen. Here's a hint, maybe don't keep your "best RB in the nation" at under 20 carries. You're an offensive genius. Figure out how to win with Card. That's on you. 

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

This is how I feel. I'm done giving Sark an excuse. You can win with Card. You just need to figure out how to make that happen. Here's a hint, maybe don't keep your "best RB in the nation" at under 20 carries. You're an offensive genius. Figure out how to win with Card. That's on you. 

It's not the offense so much as the defense... 

1 minute ago, ChickenNuggets said:

It's not the offense so much as the defense... 

How many 3 and outs and short drives did we have last week that forced the defense which was already struggling to be constantly out on the field? Complimentary football is something we seem incapable of doing. A potent running game keeps the defense off the field. Instead we're home run balling on 1st down with a guy incapable of making those shots. 

Just now, mdmost said:

How many 3 and outs and short drives did we have last week that forced the defense which was already struggling to be constantly out on the field? Complimentary football is something we seem incapable of doing. A potent running game keeps the defense off the field. Instead we're home run balling on 1st down with a guy incapable of making those shots. 

We don’t have a potent running game because our OL is horrible at run blocking. It’s not as simple as just run the ball more. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Sark will give the ball to Bijan 20+ times, but all of them will be hb dives up the gut for anywhere from -2 to 2 yards.

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

We don’t have a potent running game because our OL is horrible at run blocking. It’s not as simple as just run the ball more. 

It’s been said, but Hutson really is killing alot of run plays, and usually to the left side - Flood needs to throw something else at the wall. 

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

In all seriousness though 

It’s official Ewers out vs WVU

Just in case anyone needs to actually SEE it again. They’ve been saving him for OU and that’s always been the plan. Period. I think that’s dumb AF. Jmo. No reason to ease him into a few games after being out for valuable game time stuff before playing OU.

1B335C20-AD79-45B3-AF02-7A183923AFD2.jpeg

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

That line is dropping like a rock after that Ewers report. Already down to -7.5 from -9 this morning. 

You would think the Ewers news would have been already baked into the line considering it’s been clear for several days now he isn’t playing.

Maybe they are adjusting for public bettors who would bet WVU at almost any number once they found out for sure he wasn’t playing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Just in case anyone needs to actually SEE it again. They’ve been saving him for OU and that’s always been the plan. Period. I think that’s dumb AF. Jmo. No reason to ease him into a few games after being out for valuable game time stuff before playing OU.

1B335C20-AD79-45B3-AF02-7A183923AFD2.jpeg

Yep, definitely.

Because a coaching staff who is trying to stay employed is definitely holding out players to sandbag.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, horny_gunman said:

It’s been said, but Hutson really is killing alot of run plays, and usually to the left side - Flood needs to throw something else at the wall. 

It’s not just Hutson. Conner and Majors are also terrible run blockers and Banks isn’t all that great either.  Just swapping out Hutson won’t fix it. 

Sark and this program have 3 wins in 16 games against power 5 opponents.  If Card starts, I expect more of the same and expect another loss.  I hate that I’m typing this but this is who we are until they prove otherwise. Hopefully they turn a corner and run the table but really hard to watch this team consistently perform the same and expect something different.   Here’s to them showing up and stomping WV.

Just now, DoubleQuarterPounder said:

Sark is coaching for his job next season today. Only way he can continue losing and expect to stay is if Arch sticks to his commitment. That’s a fact 

Yup.  Doesn’t matter what happens rest of the season.  Gerry said recruiting a loss today would be catastrophic for recruiting.  Always hard to turn the narrative once recruits feel you’re on the hot seat and on the way out. 

• Drool 1