Game Week West Virginia

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

oh, by all means then lets rush him out there.   lets let a 300 lb motherfucker running 20 mph wearing hard plastic all over him charge right into his not a bone and see how quick he comes back the next time.

Is this code for penis? 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

West Virginia is No. 5 nationally in fourth-down conversions. The Mountaineers are 9-of-10 on fourth down attempts this season. not good for us as Tech converted 6/8 last weekend. Yikes. They’ll go for it a lot this weekend.

It’s been said but just like with Tech we can’t afford to overlook this game and think we can just win because they are not the best WVU team we’ve faced. 

Texas is 5-6 against West Virginia all-time and 2-4 at home.

Steve Sarkisian is 0-1 against WVU as Texas lost 31-23 last season.

West Virginia has three of the top seven WR's in the Big 12 in receiving yards. They will have a field day sadly…

hopefully Ewers can play and Sark calls a better game. We need better calling from Sark LostAgain…

Scoring offense: WVU (#20), Texas (#69)

Rushing offense: WVU (#20), Texas (#63)

Total offense: WVU (#18), Texas (#72)

Turnover margin: WVU (#89), Texas (#77)

Total defense: WVU (#23), Texas (#75)

I’ve watched all of their games and I can see why Texas is a 10 point favorite. If you’re making assumptions after 4 games—when most teams have cupcakes in at least two of those—idk what to tell you. 

WV is not good. 

1 minute ago, XForce said:

I’ve watched all of their games and I can see why Texas is a 10 point favorite. If you’re making assumptions after 4 games—when most teams have cupcakes in at least two of those—idk what to tell you. 

WV is not good. 

I’m not saying WV is good. I said we can’t overlook them even if they aren’t the best WVU we’ve faced. They’re not good. That doesn’t mean anything to me because Tech beat us last weekend and that Tech team isn’t very good either. But they pulled out a W. Sure WV didn’t play Bama. They played Pittsburg, Towson and VA Tech. vA Tech has like fallen off a cliff.  They had a pretty good game against Pittsburg to start I thought and felt they got screwed a bit by the refs in that one. Kansas has one of the best QBs in CFB imo and so they average 48 points a game. And WVU doesn’t have the best defense but they do excel at fourth down conversions. Tech had 6/8 against us. I think unless we turtle this game could have easily over 61 total points. But it’s just my opinion. I only shared stats in that post and the stats are what they are. 

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m not saying WV is good. I said we can’t overlook them even if they aren’t the best WVU we’ve faced. They’re not good. That doesn’t mean anything to me because Tech beat us last weekend and that Tech team isn’t very good either. But they pulled out a W. Sure WV didn’t play Bama. They played Pittsburg, Towson and VA Tech. vA Tech has like fallen off a cliff.  They had a pretty good game against Pittsburg to start I thought and felt they got screwed a bit by the refs in that one. Kansas has one of the best QBs in CFB imo and so they average 48 points a game. And WVU doesn’t have the best defense but they do excel at fourth down conversions. Tech had 6/8 against us. I think unless we turtle this game could have easily over 61 total points. But it’s just my opinion. I only shared stats in that post and the stats are what they are. 

I didn’t need to see those stats to know WV is terrible. 

WV is Tech Lite. Shut down #0 and they don’t have much else to hurt you with consistently. It will be concerning to me if they don’t win by 14+ as this is the weakest team left on the schedule. 

• Hook 'Em 1

worthy.   He’s a great speed guy but has significant limitations on deep and contested balls.  

Think about rebounding in basketball.  Some dudes that are 6’3 to 6’5 just have a knack for the ball and can consistently beat power forwards and centers for the ball.  It can’t be taught - they just have it.   It’s the ass and hips and elbows and hands and eyes.

Worthy will never have it and we need to adjust our expectations accordingly - and look for other roster options to make those plays where someone can fuckin high point a ball.  Worthy ain’t it but can still be a big threat in the offense going forward.  

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

In the most important news (as evidenced by the split screen last weekend) Judge just hit 61…so when he hits 62 they won’t be able to take our game off the air entirely bc they play hours before Texas on Saturday. That game should be over…(I tell myself this)…

$300 million to play baseball. Holy shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, XForce said:

WV is not good. 

“They’re terrible. We should win convincingly.”

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, considering Greg Davis was the OC for Young, I am not sure this is the burn you think it is.

I do remember greg davis drives that kept our defense on the bench for 5-8 minutes at a time... so yeah... bitch all you want, but Mack was the second most prolific coach in UT's history... we're all still waiting on his replacement.

3 hours ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I do remember greg davis drives that kept our defense on the bench for 5-8 minutes at a time... so yeah... bitch all you want, but Mack was the second most prolific coach in UT's history... we're all still waiting on his replacement.

/dj monroe omaha omaha

2004:

pro-set vince, benson and limas

vince: 8 of 23 for 86, 16 for 54

cedric: 23 for 92 (not bad)

limas: fucking 1 for fucking 26

number of points scored:

zero zero point zero

• Haha 2

GP better take over the defensive scheming behind the scenes, starting yesterday.

When is the last time we played press man coverage? Honestly I don’t think I’ve seen it all year. We sit in soft zone with 3 DL and allow 5-7 yard completions to outside receivers the entire way down the field. Bend don’t break - what a joke. 

We need to play 4 DL man coverage with a high safety and force teams to beat us at the line of scrimmage. It’s the most basic defense played starting at the middle school level. Every single one of our players is a great athlete and has a chance to win their assignment on any given play. Instead, we play passively and just hope the offense makes mistakes.

PK is not the guy. It’s obvious at this point.

37 minutes ago, Auto Driller said:

GP better take over the defensive scheming behind the scenes, starting yesterday.

When is the last time we played press man coverage? Honestly I don’t think I’ve seen it all year. We sit in soft zone with 3 DL and allow 5-7 yard completions to outside receivers the entire way down the field. Bend don’t break - what a joke. 

We need to play 4 DL man coverage with a high safety and force teams to beat us at the line of scrimmage. It’s the most basic defense played starting at the middle school level. Every single one of our players is a great athlete and has a chance to win their assignment on any given play. Instead, we play passively and just hope the offense makes mistakes.

PK is not the guy. It’s obvious at this point.

He hasn’t.

8 hours ago, Knighthawk said:

worthy.   He’s a great speed guy but has significant limitations on deep and contested balls.  

Think about rebounding in basketball.  Some dudes that are 6’3 to 6’5 just have a knack for the ball and can consistently beat power forwards and centers for the ball.  It can’t be taught - they just have it.   It’s the ass and hips and elbows and hands and eyes.

Worthy will never have it and we need to adjust our expectations accordingly - and look for other roster options to make those plays where someone can fuckin high point a ball.  Worthy ain’t it but can still be a big threat in the offense going forward.  

Now this is funny.

11 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

In the most important news (as evidenced by the split screen last weekend) Judge just hit 61…so when he hits 62 they won’t be able to take our game off the air entirely bc they play hours before Texas on Saturday. That game should be over…(I tell myself this)…

Hey, we had a chance to watch history. History! We could tell our grandchildren's grandchildren that we actually saw a guy hit a homerun on television! Not since the first steps on the Moon has such an event been so rare or greatly anticipated.

Fuck ESPN for forcing that on me.

• Hook 'Em 2

We come out against WV like we did against Alabama because we need to prove something. This is a different team from last year. It plays differently and offers Sark more options on offense. I also don't believe Sark is going to choke on the idea of doing something drastic behind the scenes regarding defense. 

Besides, we have to win with authority to make Surly fun again. The Aggies losing would help in that regard as well.

So don't do it for your country or your family or even your teammates. Do it for Surly!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Auto Driller said:

We sit in soft zone with 3 DL and allow 5-7 yard completions to outside receivers the entire way down the field.

Our corners allowed a combined 3 completions on Saturday. Tech's outside receivers did nothing. We are playing tighter coverage with the corners.

All their damage went to slot receivers, tight ends and running backs.

14 hours ago, XForce said:

WV is not good. 

Texas isn’t really very good either at this point.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Our corners allowed a combined 3 completions on Saturday. Tech's outside receivers did nothing. We are playing tighter coverage with the corners.

All their damage went to slot receivers, tight ends and running backs.

Oh you are telling me our LBs and Safeties are getting smoked in coverage? Where is my “I’m shocked” face?

If the corners don’t play off, we get smoked underneath. If the play off to help underneath, we get killed outside. What is that a symptom of?

NO ONE CAN GET TO THE QB OR GET A TAKEWAY IN THE SECONDARY!

PKs design is to do as much as he can to limit teams to be one dimensional and help cut down the over the top. If you can either actually get the picks thrown at you or make the tackle in the backfield you kill drives and either way you get off the field. With decent corners and ok DTs and one decent LB, how do you set things up to get success? 

Most good defenses have 2 solid groups between the DL, LBs, and DBs. We have solid DTs and no real edge rush. One LB and solid corners and meh safeties. 

We see it time and time again of just being a bit too late and the QB gets the ball out. Over and over again of the QB having just enough time to get to his 3rd read to make the dump off. No disruptions and so less bad reads or poor throws and no drive killing sacks on passing downs.

We desperately need someone to step up and LB along with DO. We desperately need someone off the edge that can make the tackle, not just get pressure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

I'll be attending the game this weekend for the first time in a couple of years. Is there a parking lot north of LBJ Library where I don't have to pay $60-$85? I would rather park in a place where I can just drive up to it without buying the pass off of Stubhub or the like.  

Park on the street southwest of campus

Edited by Sal

Sarks playing chess.  He’ll start Card and get the usual double digit lead and to avoid the let down in the second half he’ll bring in Ewers to secure the win.  Ewers plays less minutes so less chance of reactivating his shoulder injury and gets a little tune up for OU.  Fight me.  

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

I'll be attending the game this weekend for the first time in a couple of years. Is there a parking lot north of LBJ Library where I don't have to pay $60-$85? I would rather park in a place where I can just drive up to it without buying the pass off of Stubhub or the like.  

I park right off of Medical Arts Street, between Red River and Dean Keeton.  There are a few charity lots there (Rotary Club) that charge $30.  Literally a five minute walk to Surly tailgate, ten minutes to DKR.

• Hook 'Em 2