Coach Sark Press Conference 10.3 - 11:00am LHN

BigOrange1

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The guy could have started the last two weeks. I wonder if his dad thinks this game is the one worthy of giving him the "ok" to go out there and fucking play again. At some point, the NFL scouts are going to need more footage than ULM and one quarter against Bama before the 2024 draft gets here.

sigh...sadly not surprised to hear this based on clues from the last couple weeks. We can't have nice things even when we have nice things.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The guy could have started the last two weeks. I wonder if his dad thinks this game is the one worthy of giving him the "ok" to go out there and fucking play again. At some point, the NFL scouts are going to need more footage than ULM and one quarter against Bama before the 2024 draft gets here.

Don't care, got Arch.

Is that how we do it?

Hopefully, this game is big enough for his Dad to let him play.

Love the talent but not sure this helps our culture problems.

Arch seems like a solid culture fit.

I want nothing more than them all to succeed.  It's just that special treatment seems corrosive to what we want to accomplish.

• Hook 'Em 2

I want nothing more than them all to succeed.  It's just that special treatment seems corrosive to what we want to accomplish.

Where is this coming from about the dad?
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Where is this coming from about the dad?

A very good friend of mine was in the West Side suites for the game.  Some of the athletic staff were there.

This was what I heard from my good friend.

Edited by burdine
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, burdine said:

Yeah you gotta wonder what the team thinks if this is true. Last week JT Sanders told a reporter he thought Quinn was ready to go. Quinn was "available" vs WVU per Sark and took the 2nd string reps in warmups, so it seems like he would've come in if Hud got hurt.

To be fair on the culture stuff, Quinn may actually want to play. His parents may have a different idea. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Yeah you gotta wonder what the team thinks if this is true. Last week JT Sanders told a reporter he thought Quinn was ready to go. Quinn was "available" vs WVU per Sark and took the 2nd string reps in warmups, so it seems like he would've come in if Hud got hurt.

To be fair on the culture stuff, Quinn may actually want to play. His parents may have a different idea. 

OU is 4 weeks since and that’s what the Ewers family mouthpiece said after Alabama (Thamel). Feels like their doctor said 4 and they are listening to that advice and not a moment sooner. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, DreadHead said:

Has there been any more information on Maalik Murphy, other than "not healthy"? What happened to that dude....

What happened? The injury honestly didn't seem so serious. What's really happening goes back to the fact he was always going to be a project coming in, so I don't think it would be reasonable to have expected him to play by now. 

2 hours ago, DreadHead said:

Has there been any more information on Maalik Murphy, other than "not healthy"? What happened to that dude....

Supposedly hurt himself riding a scooter but seems like he's healed now.

3 hours ago, utexas8 said:

I bet Ewers starts for OU since ESPN was the one who mentioned him eyeing that game as a comeback last weekend. His parents are the ones feeding thamel.

Agreed

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

OU is 4 weeks since and that’s what the Ewers family mouthpiece said after Alabama (Thamel). Feels like their doctor said 4 and they are listening to that advice and not a moment sooner. 

This is exactly it. David Ash would have benefited from a couple of parents that would have put a stop to Mack Brown from rushing him back after a concussion and basically ending his career.

• Hook 'Em 7

After watching that bizarre shit go down with Tua in the nfl, I’m half assed glad Ewers is waiting till he’s cleared or feels comfortable or whatever the fuck makes him confident he can play at a high level. Those are just kids playing a child’s game when you break it all down at the college level, their shelf life is very short in the nfl and they have a few chances to make a bunch of money. Let’s kick the shit out of those gooners regardless of whose playing QB. Hook em  

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

After watching that bizarre shit go down with Tua in the nfl, I’m half assed glad Ewers is waiting till he’s cleared or feels comfortable or whatever the fuck makes him confident he can play at a high level. Those are just kids playing a child’s game when you break it all down at the college level, their shelf life is very short in the nfl and they have a few chances to make a bunch of money. Let’s kick the shit out of those gooners regardless of whose playing QB. Hook em  

… and will Gabriel play with all of the Tua stuff?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

This is exactly it. David Ash would have benefited from a couple of parents that would have put a stop to Mack Brown from rushing him back after a concussion and basically ending his career.

I believe that is what happened to BJ Foster.  I noticed him getting laid out a week or so after he came back from a concussion his first year.  He managed to barely get back to the sidelines and somehow avoided the med staff seeing it.  He was never the same player after that IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

… and will Gabriel play with all of the Tua stuff?

Very doubtful. He hasn’t been practicing. Beville, Booty, and Evers have been taking snaps. 

My guess for Saturday is Beville starting with Evers in some certain situations. He brings some QB run game. This formula seems bleak.

Edited by Constant
  • Hook 'Em 1