49-0

ztejas

1 minute ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I confidently skipped the 2nd half for a mushroom festival.  If they blew a 28 point 2nd Half lead, I didn’t want to be there to see it.

We were there and the high fives continued but tbqh none of us knew how to act with this kind of ass kicking.

and I just looked it up it might be the most points Texas has put on OU since 1900 and largest margin of victory. I could be wrong, but definitely not something we’re used to that’s for damn sure.

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

It really did feel that way. Didn’t really want to say anything to tempt fate. 35-0 is when we really said fuck it, there’s no chance they’re blowing this.

At that point I told my sons I want 50 and a shut out. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're drunk too. That wasn't how that game went down. 

It's whatever. I'm smashed. 

I’m not I just got home, haven’t had a beer since 10am while eating a fletcher’s and watching my kids ride the vomit-tron tilt a whirls. It’s clear your fucked up. Enjoy it bc it’s gonna hurt tomorrow. Peace. 

Edited by troph

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m not I just got home, haven’t had a beer since 10am. It’s clear your fucked up. Enjoy it bc it’s gonna hurt tomorrow. Peace. 

I mean, okay. I'm not 19. Not sure anyone felt super confident up 14-0 on those cocksuckers. If you did then whatever, you're dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I mean, okay. I'm not 19. Not sure anyone felt super confident up 14-0 on those cocksuckers. If you did then whatever, you're dumb. 

No actually it was pretty fucking clear OU couldn’t do anything. Injuries and the portal along with new coaches, anyone with half a brain knew OU was really bad, the only question was if they’d play out of their minds. That wasn’t happening. The play calling and their talent was atrocious today from the get go. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

No actually it was pretty fucking clear OU couldn’t do anything. Injuries and the portal along with new coaches, anyone with half a brain knew OU was really bad, the only question was if they’d play out of their minds. That wasn’t happening. The play calling and their talent was atrocious today from the get go. 

Alright. 

Posted in another thread... is this the most consequential win since the Rose Bowl?
Bigger than the Sugar Bowl? Bigger than the Ohio State Fiesta Bowl? Those had hardware... but this just feels bigger. In the two decades I've been watching, we've never rubbed OU's nose in it. We did today.

I don’t remember OU ever getting shutout. I’ve seen them get their dicks knocked in the dirt. Even though they have been shutout in the 90’s, I don’t remember it. I’ll never forget this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

I don’t remember OU ever getting shutout. I’ve seen them get their dicks knocked in the dirt. Even though they have been shutout in the 90’s, I don’t remember it. I’ll never forget this.

1965, #1 Texas beat OU 19-0. That’s the last time Texas shut OU out. Other teams dunno. 

35 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

31 minutes ago, troph said:

1965, #1 Texas beat OU 19-0. That’s the last time Texas shut OU out. Other teams dunno. 

1998 was the last shut out for them. Worst shut out for them since  1945.

9 hours ago, troph said:

Seriously guys, check me on this - most points against OU since 1900?? Largest margin of victory over OU since 1900?? 

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That is the most points we've ever scored against them and (therefore obviously) our biggest win ever over them.

Yup.  Biggest shut out loss for them previously was 47-0.  And let's be honest, this could easily have been 70-0 if Sark decided to make a statement.  It was eerie just watching it, watching their body language, watching the stands empty out.  It was like their souls had vacated and all that was left were husks going through the motions.  They didn't even try to throw late just to keep the clock running and not make the score worse.... Never seen a team and coach just give up like that.  Truly joyous to watch.

Really hoping we keep the pressure up the rest of the year.  OU was hapless but I'm not sure many teams are going to be able to handle us as the young starters grow up and get more confident, assuming we stay healthy.  The defense gets a lot better when the offense is putting pressure on the other team to score every drive or get further behind.  

OU will play better once Gabriel gets back, though hoping their pain continues another week when they play KU.  

• Hook 'Em 1

That's true but this is the biggest win differential I've ever seen in this game for us. Even when Vince was here, we didn't beat them this bad. And hell, that game was pretty close in the 1st half on memory.

But this win was not bigger than 2008 OU just because OU was damn good that year and this year they are pretty bad. And this wasn't bigger than 2008 Ohio State bowl game.

But bigger since the 2010s? I think so.
I dunno. I'd put the bowl win over Georgia up there above it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, troph said:

When they came out with that wildcat triple option shit and started marching down the field my PTSD really kicked in. Thank God that didn't continue to work

6 hours ago, UTHornFan014 said:

My erection is still erect 12 hours later

No need to call a Dr in this case. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Posted in another thread... is this the most consequential win since the Rose Bowl?

Bigger than the Sugar Bowl? Bigger than the Ohio State Fiesta Bowl? Those had hardware... but this just feels bigger. In the two decades I've been watching, we've never rubbed OU's nose in it. We did today.

something good is happening. could see it on the sideline.

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

That's true but this is the biggest win differential I've ever seen in this game for us. Even when Vince was here, we didn't beat them this bad. And hell, that game was pretty close in the 1st half on memory.

But this win was not bigger than 2008 OU just because OU was damn good that year and this year they are pretty bad. And this wasn't bigger than 2008 Ohio State bowl game.

But bigger since the 2010s? I think so.

I'll decide which is bigger.

16 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

You're never as good as you think you are when you win, and you're never as bad as you think you are when you lose.  A 49-0 shutout of a terrible ou team is fine, but it doesn't mean dick next week, or the week after that.  Just enjoy the win and get ready to get back on the ride.

Debbie Downer Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2