Did Benajmin Watson Beat Some Ass off the Set of this Halftime Show?

Vic Mackey

I wish Ben had just slapped that shit eating grin off Peter Burns face. Burns thinks he’s a comedian just like Michael Scott with “that’s what she said” .

Burns posted a tweet with a pic of him with a big Gomer Pyle smile and Watson scowling. It was just tagged Friendship.

Watson retorted “yeah it’s behind us but you still owe Mrs Watson an apology.

16 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

That wasn’t a joke…

Vaughn and Watson married in 2005 after his rookie NFL year. Together they have seven children, including one set of twins.[69][70] Watson is a devout Christian who is known for being outspoken about his faith.

Yep. I don't believe this was some orchestrated thing. I mean it isn't out of the realm of possibility but I can't imagine Watson agreeing to this with how he views marriage and his family. He doesn't fuck around with that. 

Yep. I don't believe this was some orchestrated thing. I mean it isn't out of the realm of possibility but I can't imagine Watson agreeing to this with how he views marriage and his family. He doesn't fuck around with that. 

ESPN is basically telling Watson’s wife she is the butt of a shitty joke that implies she is a slut and her husband a cuck. They owe her an apology as well.

Burns dig was fairly innocuous, but inappropriate to the overly-sensitive. He's got to know his audience better, I guess. Watson could've waited until a longer break to address it with him rather than leaving 2 empty chairs after commercial.

A big to-do about nothing, IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Burns dig was fairly innocuous, but inappropriate to the overly-sensitive. He's got to know his audience better, I guess. Watson could've waited until a longer break to address it with him rather than leaving 2 empty chairs after commercial.

A big to-do about nothing, IMO.

Bullshit. It was unprofessional and there was nothing funny about joking about another man's wife. But I guess you are more team Jimbo than team Watson.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Bullshit. It was unprofessional and there was nothing funny about joking about another man's wife. But I guess you are more team Jimbo than team Watson.

I mean I thought it was pretty funny. But in today’s lets-all-get-offended climate it was not appropriate. 

11 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Maybe he wasn't joking and Watson's wife really is a whore?

• Haha 1

Never have taken the "over the top committed to family" dude seriously in the military or work.  Bitch, people ain't saying they fucked your wife.  Lighten up and roll with it, and get them back with something better.  Didn't we all learn something from the Yo Mama joke scene in Remember the Titans?

Laugh a little bit, people...

Idk…part of me laughs because he thought he’d pulled it off during a halftime show on sec network during a Florida Vanderbilt game where he figured nobody was watching but obviously Peter doesn’t know his coworkers as well as he thought?

I mean I thought it was pretty funny. But in today’s lets-all-get-offended climate it was not appropriate. 

Your wife didn’t think it was funny when I told her about it.

His comment was inappropriate to make to a colleague in any era of broadcasting. Are you the guy that can’t stop with the that’s what she said shit? You’re about to ruin thanksgiving for the rest of the family.

"Outspoken about his faith"

can't keep it together when an obvious joke involves the fidelity of his wife.

These people are interesting to say the least.  Tell me again how strong your faith is...

15 minutes ago, slorch said:

"Outspoken about his faith"

can't keep it together when an obvious joke involves the fidelity of his wife.

These people are interesting to say the least.  Tell me again how strong your faith is...

I like a good laugh, but wife jokes are really only appropriate with your close friends.  Your boys.  Making them with people not in your inner circle is a really bad idea.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

I like a good laugh, but wife jokes are really only appropriate with your close friends.  Your boys.  Making them with people not in your inner circle is a really bad idea.

and I get that too. There's a time and place and yeah, that might be a bit too 'familiar' to be on a national broadcast.

I still would have replied to Watson when he demanded an apology to the Mrs, " Yes, she accepted it in full."  because that's how I'm fucking wired.

This is the kind of trouble we see when sports guys think they're funny. I'm guessing Watson chastised Burns offstage for lack of wit. I support that move.

It was puerile. I'd like to watch Burns stroke out trying to pronounce that word.

For the record, I don't think I've ever seen any of the guys on that show. Is that where Booger got his start? Figures they'd find a way to elevate a person named Booger. Find something else to call a guy for goodness' sake.

17 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is that where Booger got his start? Figures they'd find a way to elevate a person named Booger. Find something else to call a guy for goodness' sake.

No kidding.  But there is only one way I can think of for a guy to get the nickname "Booger."

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Never have taken the "over the top committed to family" dude seriously in the military or work.  Bitch, people ain't saying they fucked your wife.  Lighten up and roll with it, and get them back with something better.  Didn't we all learn something from the Yo Mama joke scene in Remember the Titans?

Laugh a little bit, people...

Yo mama so fat she wakes up on both sides of the bed. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

This is the kind of trouble we see when sports guys think they're funny. I'm guessing Watson chastised Burns offstage for lack of wit. I support that move.

It was puerile. I'd like to watch Burns stroke out trying to pronounce that word.

For the record, I don't think I've ever seen any of the guys on that show. Is that where Booger got his start? Figures they'd find a way to elevate a person named Booger. Find something else to call a guy for goodness' sake.

puerile

adjective

1.  childishly silly and immature

Example: "a puerile argument"