Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

10 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

as long as you don't hit her.  because it is never ever ok to hit a women.  i mean like never ever ever.   just walk away.   you can reasonably just walk away from a women.  but if you are in the same situation with a dude its ok to hit him.  because you cant just walk away from that kind of situation...... 

I walk in on my fiancee having sex with my dog. Can I hit my dog? Can my fiancee hit my dog? Can I hit my dog if my fiancee hits me?

3 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Fiancée: "Chris, it has been over three years. If you don't commit right fucking now that we will go to the courthouse tomorrow and make it official, I sweater god I will send you to the courthouse myself. You want to know how? First, I'm going to beat the shit out of you best I can. Then, I'm going to call the cops while I proceed to rough myself up. When they get here, I will show them the marks and explain my version of what is about to happen - let the whole world know you're a piece of shit woman abuser. I will drag your name through the mud with everyone we know, your family, and every media outlet that will listen. I will tell the court that you are unfit to be around your teenage daughter, and apply to be her guardian. I will ruin your your career, your relationships, everything I possibly can. You will lose everything." 

Beard: "K. You are literally insane."

Fiancée: "Last chance. I am dead serious, you muledick. [locks door behind her]."

Beard: "No."

[tumbling/screaming ensues]

Was the Easter bunny there too or just Santa Claus?

if we’re writing fiction we might as well have some fun with it!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

as long as you don't hit her.  because it is never ever ok to hit a women.  i mean like never ever ever.   just walk away.   you can reasonably just walk away from a women.  but if you are in the same situation with a dude its ok to hit him.  because you cant just walk away from that kind of situation...... 

I think it was okay for Paul Newman to hit that bitch in The Verdict.

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

His firing would be just regardless of what happens. For having terrible judgement - at the VERY least - of being with this crazy bitch. It’s unfathomable how he’s still, technically, employed. 

It's not that unfathomable for a few reasons.

1. The few contracts I've read up on have some sort of time line for the coach to present their "case" to the decision makers before they can be fired for cause. Pitino had a specific number of days at Louisville. He actually went back & sued Louisville because they suspended him before that time was up & they eventually settled out of court. Beard's previous contract at TTU was more vague & essentially just allowed for an unspecified period of time. Either way, it's likely his contract at UT has it in writing, find that (I've half-assed tried but couldn't find his actual contract) & you may find a timeline if they've already made up their minds to fire him.

2. Assuming the very small group of people that will ultimately decide Beard's employment status at UT haven't already made up their minds, there's a lot that could, potentially, go into this decision. Most of those reasons have been discussed ad nauseum in this thread so there's no need to rehash it all, but the "he's going to be fired no matter what" crowd seems to underestimate the power that a proven winner at a money-making sport can wield if they have the right donors in their corner. Add to that the fact that he's an alum & the roots run even deeper. If his future is still in doubt it will likely all come down to "what information will come out & what information could potentially come out in the future?". Now, with how many journalists hate Texas, including the ones that cover Texas, it seems unlikely that anything will be left covered up for very long so, if they decide to keep him, they better make sure there aren't any bad pictures of the injuries & the alleged audio really does help Beard & not hurt him, because those things will 100% be leaked.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, royiv said:

FWIW, the affidavit states that she went back to the master bedroom after she snatched and broke the glasses in the guest bedroom. Her story is that he then came to the master bedroom 10-15 minutes later and that's where he allegedly pulled her out of the bed. If that part of the story is true, it throws a lot of doubt on the self defense theory. Since none of us were there, no one here will ever know exactly what happened.

He pulled her out of the bed...while lying in bed next to her?? Go read the story. It's screwy as hell and full of holes. I think he went back to talk to her after she broke his glasses and said they were done, and that set everything off. Then the cops showed up, and she went, "oh shit, CYA".

It sounds like they were having an all out brawl and Beard did basically a MMA style rear naked choke, trying to get her to calm down--and cops heard "choke?" which is why it was his forearm and wasn't any documented bruising or scratches on her neck from her trying to make him let go. There's no other reference of him grabbing her neck or choking her in any other method except from behind in the report anywhere else. It's also odd her bite mark is one of the pretty much the only place a person can bite themselves.

I'm curious if they're going to have to try and reconcile to show he no longer has any violent tendencies (regardless if he was just protecting himself or not--he's going to have to go to anger classes and everything) or if breaking up/moving on from her--which is healthier for them--will make him look like he's running away from his problems--at his next job, building back up his reputation. IF he's coming back to UT, her reputation will have almost have to be completely destroyed in order for what he did to be viewed as any bit acceptable.

31 minutes ago, hook me said:

It's not that unfathomable for a few reasons.

1. The few contracts I've read up on have some sort of time line for the coach to present their "case" to the decision makers before they can be fired for cause. Pitino had a specific number of days at Louisville. He actually went back & sued Louisville because they suspended him before that time was up & they eventually settled out of court. Beard's previous contract at TTU was more vague & essentially just allowed for an unspecified period of time. Either way, it's likely his contract at UT has it in writing, find that (I've half-assed tried but couldn't find his actual contract) & you may find a timeline if they've already made up their minds to fire him.

2. Assuming the very small group of people that will ultimately decide Beard's employment status at UT haven't already made up their minds, there's a lot that could, potentially, go into this decision. Most of those reasons have been discussed ad nauseum in this thread so there's no need to rehash it all, but the "he's going to be fired no matter what" crowd seems to underestimate the power that a proven winner at a money-making sport can wield if they have the right donors in their corner. Add to that the fact that he's an alum & the roots run even deeper. If his future is still in doubt it will likely all come down to "what information will come out & what information could potentially come out in the future?". Now, with how many journalists hate Texas, including the ones that cover Texas, it seems unlikely that anything will be left covered up for very long so, if they decide to keep him, they better make sure there aren't any bad pictures of the injuries & the alleged audio really does help Beard & not hurt him, because those things will 100% be leaked.

Words

7 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Just got back home from my 10th grade son's principal office. He was caught for plagarizing on his English assignment. Poor kid is devasted because he will get a zero on the assignment and will likely end up with a B or C in the class, which throws a big wrench on his plans to apply to top colleges. While I was upset for what he has done, I didn't want to completely break his spirits, so I told him about a highly paid coach throwing away millions of dollars by making a bad decision. He seems to be in much better spirits now.

Tough lesson to learn but he won’t be hurt terribly. Better to teach it now. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Maybe tell him to not fucking plagiarize. 

I am certain they were teaching that at home bro. 

58 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Maybe tell him to not fucking plagiarize. 

Yea I did that too, but he is a kid and he should learn from it. This is a fork in his life, so as a parent, I want to make sure he doesn't give up on his dreams. 

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Just got back home from my 10th grade son's principal office. He was caught for plagarizing on his English assignment. Poor kid is devasted because he will get a zero on the assignment and will likely end up with a B or C in the class, which throws a big wrench on his plans to apply to top colleges. While I was upset for what he has done, I didn't want to completely break his spirits, so I told him about a highly paid coach throwing away millions of dollars by making a bad decision. He seems to be in much better spirits now.

Happened to me second semester of senior year of HS. Turnitin.com software determined that the entirety of my (rather long) paper had something like 3-5 sentences that shared some degree of similarity (want to say 40-60%) with those of public sources. Genuinely did not intend to plagiarize, best guess is I read a ton of stuff about the subject matter online and, through simple osmosis, similar ideas and/or phrasing made their way into a few spots of my paper.

Anyways, teacher was a hardass and tried to flunk me. Only through strong backlash of my parents and other teachers did he end up conceding (gave me a C-). Went on to be a corporate lawyer. So I'm paid to write and half the job involves taking agreements from past deals and tweaking portions to work for the current deal - i.e., plagiarism.

Maybe that tale could serve as reason for optimism (or despair, depending on your perspective) for your son!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Eugene11 said:

so, if it’s a dude that identifies as a woman, or vice versa, what’s the right move? 

40 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

Happened to me second semester of senior year of HS. Turnitin.com software determined that the entirety of my (rather long) paper had something like 3-5 sentences that shared some degree of similarity (want to say 40-60%) with those of public sources. Genuinely did not intend to plagiarize, best guess is I read a ton of stuff about the subject matter online and, through simple osmosis, similar ideas and/or phrasing made their way into a few spots of my paper.

Anyways, teacher was a hardass and tried to flunk me. Only through strong backlash of my parents and other teachers did he end up conceding (gave me a C-). Went on to be a corporate lawyer. So I'm paid to write and half the job involves taking agreements from past deals and tweaking portions to work for the current deal - i.e., plagiarism.

Maybe that tale could serve as reason for optimism (or despair, depending on your perspective) for your son!

Thanks for sharing. My son's teacher and the school admins are hard asses too. They won't allow him to participate in any honors clubs for the reminder of his time and will give him a grade of "unsatisfactory" on Citizenship. Seemed a bit harsh for a first time offender.  My son thought it would be on his transcript that gets sent over to the colleges; thankfully, it's not the case.

At any rate, I told him the CB story as an example of what kind of consequences a stupid decision can have. He tells me they were in a study group where kids were sharing their essays. His ended up looking a lot like some other kid's essay that got turned in sooner than his.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

so, if it’s a dude that identifies as a woman, or vice versa, what’s the right move? 

Unfortunately in our society you can literally kill this person and its not punishable crime.  There was a Virginia Tech player that did just that after receiving a BJ and walked scot free

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Sandman said:

Why does he just happen to have recordings of the events? And if you're in the kind of relationship that behooves you to randomly record your conversations for your own protection, why the fuck are you still in that relationship???? 

Well you see, you just utterly fail to understand that there might be conflicting motivations in his relationship. 

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

At any rate, I told him the CB story as an example of what kind of consequences a stupid decision can have. He tells me they were in a study group where kids were sharing their essays. His ended up looking a lot like some other kid's essay that got turned in sooner than his.

Had that talk on the couch with my boys and daughter during the game the other night. You can make one bad decision that can ruin your entire life in the blink of an eye. The Lord knows that I have been on that brink multiple times throughout my life, to different extents. Didn't involve choking a west texas 6, but nonetheless.

Regarding so-called "plagiarism", shit is far more complex these days than it was in the past. Kids today are trained to regurgitate information from the streams that they are fed. It is a lot to ask of an elementary or middle or high school kid to navigate how they cite sources and reference information in the digital age. They are primed such that most of their academic thoughts are derivative. That's the bigger problem, but a different discussion. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Thanks for sharing. My son's teacher and the school admins are hard ass too. They won't allow him to participate in any honors clubs for the reminder of his time and give him a grade of "unsatisfactory" on Citizenship. Seemed a bit harsh for a first time offender.  My son thought it would be on his transcript that gets sent over to the colleges; thankfully, it's not the case.

That's rough, definitely sympathize. Not sure whether the book is closed on the matter but, if there's still a window, it might be worth doing your best to raise a shitstorm with shot callers within the admin faculty and exerting what influence you may have among past teachers and other parents that may be plugged in and have some political influence at the school. And if your son had a clean reputation/record prior to this, that should be leaned on heavily, as should calling into question whether the punishments beyond the bad grade itself (the club and citizenship stuff) are really fair and necessary tools for teaching what lesson is trying to be taught. Sounds like your son's HS is a private (as was mine), which I think are generally more open to considering the totally of a kid's situation and past behavior and subject to pressure/influence in this sort of situation. In my case, those things changed the outcome drastically.

Anyways, last derail from me in this thread but feel free to DM me. Back to the regularly scheduled sideshow of CCB debates that will surely be resolved. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

People who want to burn Beard at the stake at this point are dumb. People who want to absolve him are also dumb. 

The only known item at this point is it looks bad and Beard is more likely than not done at Texas. But it’s closer to a 50/50 proposition than 100/0 considering Texas hasn’t gassed him yet. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, MrX said:

But it’s closer to a 50/50 proposition than 100/0 considering Texas hasn’t gassed him yet. 

I don't think so. Unless he was literally standing over her corpse with a smoking gun I am pretty sure we would be handling this the same way. We want to ensure that if we do fire him for cause we don't have to pay a buyout.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrX said:

People who want to burn Beard at the stake at this point are dumb. People who want to absolve him are also dumb. 

The only known item at this point is it looks bad and Beard is more likely than not done at Texas. But it’s closer to a 50/50 proposition than 100/0 considering Texas hasn’t gassed him yet. 

This is fair.  When I first heard the allegation, I thought he was finished.  But I also hadn't heard all the scuttlebutt that his fiancee is apparently a loon-and-a-half herself with a history of violence.  That may not get him off the hook, but it's ammo for his lawyers.  

I'd say now that it's still probably something like 80/20 that he's done here, and the 20% still involves being suspended for the rest of the season so that he can get some serious counseling, then we get several years of hatred from pretty much everyone for retaining him.

But I'm an Astros fan.  Bring that shit on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

You guys are missing a great final-four(?) game on ESPN by Texas Women's volleyball team vs San Diego.

And to make my post basketball-related... I've just found out that one of our gals is Brian Skinner's daughter.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/skinnbr01.html

Madisen Skinner - - a real badass

https://texassports.com/sports/womens-volleyball/roster/madisen-skinner/11437

I don't know shit about volleyball but that first set was TENSE.

image.thumb.png.4cdd08fc3298f3232f3eea0c14a8c4e0.png

Edited by ATXbronco
  • Hook 'Em 6

3 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Not that I'm taking any sides because I'm not - we don 't have enough info for anyone to form opinions yet.
But I wanted to use this to point out how everyone reads the police report differently.   Or rather, everyone is going to "translate" the report differently.
And most don't read it at all.

"slapped her in the face"
I didn't see anything at all in the report that suggested he slapped her or struck her with his hand in any manner.

"choked her"
This one is totally up on the air for me.  Might have been a choke but based on how he used an arm rather than hands, I tend to think it's slightly more likely that he was restraining her.  

"dragged her off the bed"
He was the one in the guest room bed, reading his book (I guess you might say de-escalating?) and she walked in on him.
So, since he was the one on the bed first, I'd say it's slightly more likely that he shoved/kicked her off of him, off the side of the bed.  

"Bruises"
Hard to know if this is because she was kicked/shoved off of him, off the side of the bed and onto the floor.  Or if it's from something else.  She never indicated that he "hit" her, so it's unlikely that it's from any striking.  

"bite marks"
lol WTF, Beard.  I have zero ideas on how/why this might have happened.  

"What is your definition of “beat her up”"
I know that social justice warriors (not calling you one) like to think it's black vs white.  1's vs 0's.  On vs. Off.  But in real life there is so much gray area in between a verbal argument vs beating someone up, but in my mind it requires punching someone at least once to fall under the category of "beating someone up".  Anything else might be physical abuse or physically injured or whatnot.   

I'm not doing any arguing here.  Just typing out stuff that's been floating around in my brain the last couple of days.

She had bruises on her eyebrow and the affidavit claims he knocked her glasses off her face in some fashion.

My understanding is he went to her room after the she broke his glasses. And then apparently dragged her off the bed.

Its seems clear to me that he physically abused her which I think is pretty equal to beat her up unless you are being needlessly pedantic.

Again this is her side from the arrest report but I don’t see a lot of reason to doubt that there was physical abuse there based on Beard’s comments.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

24 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

You guys are missing a great final-four(?) game on ESPN by Texas Women's volleyball team vs San Diego.

And to make my post basketball-related... I've just found out that one of our gals is Brian Skinner's daughter.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/skinnbr01.html

Madisen Skinner - - a real badass

https://texassports.com/sports/womens-volleyball/roster/madisen-skinner/11437

I don't know shit about volleyball but that first set was TENSE.

image.thumb.png.4cdd08fc3298f3232f3eea0c14a8c4e0.png

Beard should have ben hanging with Jerritt Elliott, hell, most of our coaches should spend more time with him. 

if Beards GF is a 6 or better as some of the thirsty surly believe, then Jerritt landed a 12.  He’s a great coach and he’s a closer, and makes <1/10 what Beard makes. 

he’s won 14 of the last 16 conference titles, been to the final 4 10 of the past 15   Dudes legit   

Pete Carroll tried to get him to quit VB and go coach football for him as an assistant when he was at USC. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Plagiarism talk: I’m on my college’s appeals committee, where I get to hear every excuse as to why their copy/paste job from Wikipedia, sometimes including hyperlinks, isn’t plagiarism.

We have different penalties depending on how much of the paper is plagiarized. We just had a student, with the help of a lawyer family member, try to argue that that the sanction should be lowered because proper names shouldn’t count towards the plagiarized percentage. They argued that these names would show up in original content as well — that those words are a inherent to any paper on the subject —  so they can’t count towards the total amount of plagiarism.

The appeal failed. TurnItIn is a useful tool, but it’s confused a lot of people about what plagiarism actually is.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi