Rando Bowl Appreciation Thread..lawn equipment, chips, tires (doing tire things), mufflers, fast food places galore

ButtFumble

Just now, millhouse said:

Lol if I didn't know any better this game feels like a leach vs aggy type of game 

It sure is fun. I miss Leach. He will never be replaced but this game has that feel about it. McGuire likes fucking with people so that will be fun for the rest of the Big12. Which we won’t have to deal with very soon.

11 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

dude... this is standard for Tech.

I fucking hated when UT had to play the 2:30 games when Tech had the 11am game before ESPN and Fox would kick a game to ESPN 2 or FS1/2 ....

cannot tell you how many times we didnt get to watch the entire first quarter... and a shitload of times we didnt get to watch well into the 2nd quarter.

My fav was when the Tech game would finally end after 20 mins were gone in the UT game and the fucking network would do a full 4-5 min commercial before starting to show the UT game. 

how the fuck was that not called OPI  hes fucking pushing off the tech player the whole time

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I mean yeah but it's been Ole Miss stopping the clock every other play so idk how you can blame us for this lol

I wasn’t blaming just Tech. This is on both teams. 

Refs really don’t like Ole Miss but I mean there are only so many flops you can deal with..

McGuire came into Tech and well 8-5. Nicely done. Nicely done. Maybe badass Texas HS coaches can be great college coaches who knew? Lulz.

1 minute ago, Topper13 said:

Tomorrow night, boys and Nicole. Let's go! 

I’ll be at the Alamo Bowl. I’ll try to get on tv if possible. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

It’ll possibly go 0-fer except Tech. Texas has the legitimate best shot of the remaining games. This is decidedly an average conference. I don’t care what computer rankings show. 

Obviously not average enough for Texas. 0 conference titles in 13 years.

Are we becoming A&M fans now where we pretend to be better than teams who regularly beat us? Pretty pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Ole Miss lost five of six to close the season. Last win was against Aggie, Oct. 29. That’s funny.

Kiffin kinda does that though…starts off all strong and everyone buys into him and then fades to middle of the pack. He’s a better coordinator but I just don’t think he can stay at one place for too long. People catch on. Jmo…

30 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

If y'all win @Nicole44 has to post tits

30 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Refs really don’t like Ole Miss but I mean there are only so many flops you can deal with..

McGuire came into Tech and well 8-5. Nicely done. Nicely done. Maybe badass Texas HS coaches can be great college coaches who knew? Lulz.

I’ll be at the Alamo Bowl. I’ll try to get on tv if possible. 

You didn’t say whose, so that could be dangerous 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That was pass interference on the two-point. Lane had a right to be pissed.

I'd like to honor the Texas Bowl's MVP:

image.thumb.png.282d91369d65d38abb1a0997ab82b8da.png

1 hour ago, DanTheHorn said:

Who is on the broadcast? TCU over Michigan and Texas and OU to SEC in 2023? Some bold predictions. Especially the second one.

Idiots, whoever they were. I took to accepting that whatever they said was the case, the opposite would be true -- and was almost always right.

• Hook 'Em 2

There it is...not sure I believe this, sounds like some SEC style excusing going on.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35340219/lane-kiffin-texas-tech-player-spit-possibly-used-racial-slur

Lane Kiffin: Texas Tech player spit, possibly used racial slur

5:33 AM CT

Associated Press

HOUSTON -- Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin said a Texas Tech player spit on one of his players and possibly used a racial slur Wednesday night in the TaxAct Texas Bowl.

A scrum between the teams came after Ole Miss' Dayton Wade fumbled early in the fourth quarter and Texas Tech recovered. There was pushing and shoving between players, and Ole Miss wide receiver Jordan Watkins was given a personal foul penalty.

After the game, which Ole Miss lost 42-25, Kiffin said the penalty should have been on Texas Tech's Dimitri Moore, who is No. 11 for the Red Raiders, instead of Watkins, who wears No. 11 for Ole Miss.

"They announce our 11, which is Jordan Watkins, who wasn't in the fight. It was their 11 that was fighting 71 [Ole Miss lineman Jayden Williams], and everybody knew because their own coaches were yelling at the guy," Kiffin said.

"There was a racial slur involved, that's not the point of what we're talking about, [it's] about the spitting part. I brought our own 71 up to the officials, right or wrong, you see him crying? He's not crying not because he got spit on, it's because something was said."

Asked to clarify whether a Texas Tech player used a racial slur toward one of his players, Kiffin said he wasn't sure.

"I'm not going to, because I did not hear it. [I'm not going to] say that that happened for sure that he gave a racial slur to our player," Kiffin said. "I was told that that was said in that [incident], but I did not hear that. So that would obviously be a giant issue."

Moore and Williams are both Black.

Kiffin said he got so upset during the game because he didn't believe it was fair that his player got a penalty that he thinks clearly should have been on someone else.

"I'm going to defend our players when a kid spits on them and is accused to a national audience that it's him," Kiffin said. "So Jordan has to deal with this."

Texas Tech coach Joey McGuire was not asked about the incident, but Kiffin said he spoke with him about the spitting after the game.

"If you actually watch over there, one of them's kind of laughing because he got off," Kiffin said. "He's screaming at the player, they're losing their mind on him. ... I talked to their head coach afterwards. He was like: 'Crazy officiating out there.' I go: 'Yeah, that was really bad on that one that your guy spit and our guy got the penalty.' He was like: 'Yeah, I know.'"

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx ind said:

There it is...not sure I believe this, sounds like some SEC style excusing going on.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35340219/lane-kiffin-texas-tech-player-spit-possibly-used-racial-slur

Lane Kiffin: Texas Tech player spit, possibly used racial slur

5:33 AM CT

Associated Press

HOUSTON -- Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin said a Texas Tech player spit on one of his players and possibly used a racial slur Wednesday night in the TaxAct Texas Bowl.

A scrum between the teams came after Ole Miss' Dayton Wade fumbled early in the fourth quarter and Texas Tech recovered. There was pushing and shoving between players, and Ole Miss wide receiver Jordan Watkins was given a personal foul penalty.

After the game, which Ole Miss lost 42-25, Kiffin said the penalty should have been on Texas Tech's Dimitri Moore, who is No. 11 for the Red Raiders, instead of Watkins, who wears No. 11 for Ole Miss.

"They announce our 11, which is Jordan Watkins, who wasn't in the fight. It was their 11 that was fighting 71 [Ole Miss lineman Jayden Williams], and everybody knew because their own coaches were yelling at the guy," Kiffin said.

"There was a racial slur involved, that's not the point of what we're talking about, [it's] about the spitting part. I brought our own 71 up to the officials, right or wrong, you see him crying? He's not crying not because he got spit on, it's because something was said."

Asked to clarify whether a Texas Tech player used a racial slur toward one of his players, Kiffin said he wasn't sure.

"I'm not going to, because I did not hear it. [I'm not going to] say that that happened for sure that he gave a racial slur to our player," Kiffin said. "I was told that that was said in that [incident], but I did not hear that. So that would obviously be a giant issue."

Moore and Williams are both Black.

Kiffin said he got so upset during the game because he didn't believe it was fair that his player got a penalty that he thinks clearly should have been on someone else.

"I'm going to defend our players when a kid spits on them and is accused to a national audience that it's him," Kiffin said. "So Jordan has to deal with this."

Texas Tech coach Joey McGuire was not asked about the incident, but Kiffin said he spoke with him about the spitting after the game.

"If you actually watch over there, one of them's kind of laughing because he got off," Kiffin said. "He's screaming at the player, they're losing their mind on him. ... I talked to their head coach afterwards. He was like: 'Crazy officiating out there.' I go: 'Yeah, that was really bad on that one that your guy spit and our guy got the penalty.' He was like: 'Yeah, I know.'"

What a joke the big12 is

1672281558034363-sp.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2