2023 Houston Texans Offseason - A Huge #2

The Earl of Texas

So Levis will be available at 33. I think they screwed up at 2, and the trading up for 3. But there wasn’t much meat on the bone at 12.

I guess Stroud at 2, flipping seconds for Jalen Carter at 9 would have been be the best move. Atlanta much like Arizona, would have made us pay at 8 for Bijan. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

The biggest problem with this team the last few years has been the lack of stars. Whose jersey would you even buy? Now we’ve immediately injected excitement and marketability to a team that desperately needed some.

And to those of you freaking out about the first rounder next year, check the schedule. Even a tiny improvement likely has us hovering around .500.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So Levis will be available at 33. I think they screwed up at 2, and the trading up for 3. But there wasn’t much meat on the bone at 12.

I guess Stroud at 2, flipping seconds for Jalen Carter at 9 would have been be the best move. Atlanta much like Arizona, would have made us pay at 8 for Bijan. 

Levis should be available at 133

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What QB did y’all want them to take? Stroud was second best QB in this draft and the decline from 2nd to 3rd is very steep. 

I think people are worried he's too stupid to be a NFL QB

Edited by dr99
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What QB did y’all want them to take? Stroud was second best QB in this draft and the decline from 2nd to 3rd is very steep. 

Stroud has to be much better than Levis. If not, it’ll be an an all time screw up for the Texans. 

Boselli bad. Please God No. 

3 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Good lord, Texan fans are the world's largest wet blanket.

Zeus, Wu, and bill have been wearing the shit-colored glasses so long for the Texans that if it were 1978 they'd shit on the Oilers for trading their first and second rd picks to draft Earl Campbell with the #1 overall. 

JFC you fucksticks are a beating. Every Texans fan should be ecstatic over this draft.

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

but they bet entire farm on Anderson. I think they unwisely offered the best possible deal for Arizona, and  of course they accepted immediately. 

Uhhhh yeah man, we got it the first few times you said it. You ‘strenuously objected’ and its noted for the record.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

That video gets me so hyped that @Gourmand can eat a dick! Texans championship confirmed!

Stroud at 2 is fine, but they bet entire farm on Anderson. I think they unwisely offered the best possible deal for Arizona, and  of course they accepted immediately. 

The entire farm? 

What picks do they still have this year and next year?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

hey bet entire farm on Anderson

entire farm? how????

what the fuck man. they gave up their own #1 next year with one first rd pick still in their pocket (and my bet is Cleveland's 2024 #1 pick is more valuable), their second rd pick this year, their 3rd rd pick next year and received Arizona's 4th rd pick this year.

To get a stud DE who started as a freshman for Nick Saban at Alabama. 

Take off your shit-colored glasses and enjoy the evening. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Levis just got passed on by every team in the league. He’s a classic “well he sucks at the actual game but he took his shirt off and threw a ball with no defenders 69 yards so we drafted him” GM trap. You are free to leave your Levis Pro Bowl fantasies in the overhead compartment until that plane actually arrives at its terminal.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Levis just got passed on by every team in the league. He’s a classic “well he sucks at the actual game but he took his shirt off and threw a ball with no defenders 69 yards so we drafted him” GM trap. You are free to leave your Levis Pro Bowl fantasies in the overhead compartment until that plane actually arrives at its terminal.

Counter-point: Anthony Richardson

• Like 1

For all those claiming the Texans vastly overpaid for the trade up to 3. For the purposes of analysis, I’m using #5 as the Texans draft spot in 2024. Typically a future draft pick is pushed back a round for draft chart purposes. 

Texans get:
#3 2200 points

#105 84 pts

Detroit get:

#12 1200 pts

#33 580 pts

2024 1st 540 pts 

2024 3rd 82 pts

So Texans get 2284 points. Detroit gets 2402. 

So a slight overpay which can probably be justified as the Texans pick not just the 2 most valuable positions in the NFL. but also their 2 biggest needs

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

For all those claiming the Texans vastly overpaid for the trade up to 3. For the purposes of analysis, I’m using #5 as the Texans draft spot in 2024. Typically a future draft pick is pushed back a round for draft chart purposes. 

Texans get:
#3 2200 points

#105 84 pts

Detroit get:

#12 1200 pts

#33 580 pts

2024 1st 540 pts 

2024 3rd 82 pts

So Texans get 2284 points. Detroit gets 2402. 

So a slight overpay which can probably be justified as the Texans pick not just the 2 most valuable positions in the NFL. but also their 2 biggest needs

So they overpaid by 118 points, which equates to a supplemental pick at the end of the 3rd round….

43 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

#3 2200 points

2024 1st 540 points

That is so fucked up. I would trade my 23 pick for a team's 24, 25, 26, and 27 first in a heartbeat and that assumes that 25, 26, 27 are worth the same as a 24 which is very doubtful. It would probably require the 28 first as well for the numbers to match. As a GM, I would probably get fired but the franchise would start winning Superbowls after about 4 years of mediocrity.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Zeus, Wu, and bill have been wearing the shit-colored glasses so long for the Texans that if it were 1978 they'd shit on the Oilers for trading their first and second rd picks to draft Earl Campbell with the #1 overall. 

JFC you fucksticks are a beating. Every Texans fan should be ecstatic over this draft.

I think I’ve posted 3 different times in a Texans thread since VY, probably 20 times total. 
I have no idea what they have done to give you the benefit of the doubt. Drafting a borderline regard at QB is where you are going to stack your chips for the great turnaround?  That’s certainly a choice. I will take all bets on Stroud being a bust (reasonable ones-  not OMG he must be gone by the time mini camps start). 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

8 hours ago, Gourmand said:

entire farm? how????

what the fuck man. they gave up their own #1 next year with one first rd pick still in their pocket (and my bet is Cleveland's 2024 #1 pick is more valuable), their second rd pick this year, their 3rd rd pick next year and received Arizona's 4th rd pick this year.

To get a stud DE who started as a freshman for Nick Saban at Alabama. 

Take off your shit-colored glasses and enjoy the evening. 

Name your price on Cleveland’s 2024 being more valuable than the Texans. 

The biggest problem with this team the last few years has been the lack of stars. Whose jersey would you even buy? Now we’ve immediately injected excitement and marketability to a team that desperately needed some.

And to those of you freaking out about the first rounder next year, check the schedule. Even a tiny improvement likely has us hovering around .500.

Good point. Indy has AR-15(LULZ) and Tenn has Malik. Stroud is definitely better than both of those guys. Texans at least have some hope.

And they definitely needed some jersey sellers.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Good point. Indy has AR-15(LULZ) and Tenn has Malik. Stroud is definitely better than both of those guys. Texans at least have some hope.

And they definitely needed some jersey sellers.

Bryce Young/CJ Stroud would have both been the 1-2 QB's in 2022 and 2023. The QB class last year was so ass and outside of those two this year it's ass again. So Texans technically got the 2nd best QB in the past two drafts. A little perspective for the Texan fans.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I have no idea what they have done to give you the benefit of the doubt.

It's not so much about them as it is about Texans "fans" who post in the Texans threads. But to answer your question: JJ Watt, Andre Johnson, Steve Slaton, Arian Foster, Duane Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, and Deshaun Watson. They weren't wrong about Tunsil either. 

I've been wrong many times about the Texans, will be wrong many more times I'm sure, but I don't think anyone is wrong to be FUCKING PUMPED over this draft so far on the heels of the hiring of DeMeco Ryans.

The Texans traded up to take two selections in the top three, and Will Anderson is seen by many as the most can't miss prospect in the draft. They got a QB and a pass rusher, the most important positions of need, and you're pissing in the draft campfire.

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I think I’ve posted 3 different times in a Texans thread since VY, probably 20 times total. 
I have no idea what they have done to give you the benefit of the doubt. Drafting a borderline regard at QB is where you are going to stack your chips for the great turnaround?  That’s certainly a choice. I will take all bets on Stroud being a bust (reasonable ones-  not OMG he must be gone by the time mini camps start). 

Jesus, dude.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Jesus, dude.

He's buying into that S2 bullshit. 

The last time the Texans drafted a first rd qb who tested poorly turned out to be a pretty great football pick.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Has an Ohio St QB ever done good in the NFL before?

Justin Fields is looking pretty good right now

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Exactly.  Address the need with the best available player.  Everybody always tries to overthink these things.

• Hook 'Em 4