2023 Dallas Cowboys "We Suck Again" Off-Season Thread

LTtxfan

13 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Nice post bro. 

Does Howie give you a heads up before he cums in your mouth or does he just surprise you?

5 years is a pretty standard length of time to go back. Good for them winning that Super Bowl 6 years ago. I could have gone back 4 and we are 5-3 head to head

I agree with you about Vaughn though, and the tight end was a typical dumbass 2nd round waste. But Cowboy fams acting like the Eagles shit doesnt stink is embarrassing. Imagine if aggy sucked Sarks dick at every opportunity I would somehow respect them even less

1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

Does Howie give you a heads up before he cums in your mouth or does he just surprise you?

5 years is a pretty standard length of time to go back. Good for them winning that Super Bowl 6 years ago. I could have gone back 4 and we are 5-3 head to head

I agree with you about Vaughn though, and the tight end was a typical dumbass 2nd round waste. But Cowboy fams acting like the Eagles shit doesnt stink is embarrassing. Imagine if aggy sucked Sarks dick at every opportunity I would somehow respect them even less

Dude the Eagles are running circles around us. But, keep making bravado-filled asinine posts. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

not unusual to see yearbook entries like that from watching the glory days of the triplets and our 3 superbowls.  how bout dem cowboys?  but man we're getting old.  demarvion said this in 2008-  this was the romo led team which didn't make the playoffs.  

59 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

not unusual to see yearbook entries like that from watching the glory days of the triplets and our 3 superbowls.  how bout dem cowboys?  but man we're getting old.  demarvion said this in 2008-  this was the romo led team which didn't make the playoffs.  

I was going to say he wasn’t born yet for all the 90s dominance 

There is a lot of eagles dick sucking going on the radio right now. Everyone they drafted is amazing and they will definitely win the Super Bowl. I’m just sayin let’s wait and see. I think the cowboys found a bunch of guys that will play and improve the team. Calling my shot now: Schoonfield (or whatever), mazi, and deuce will make big impacts on the team. And we’ll all be glad that they are on the team.

46 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

There is a lot of eagles dick sucking going on the radio right now. Everyone they drafted is amazing and they will definitely win the Super Bowl. I’m just sayin let’s wait and see. I think the cowboys found a bunch of guys that will play and improve the team. Calling my shot now: Schoonfield (or whatever), mazi, and deuce will make big impacts on the team. And we’ll all be glad that they are on the team.

The Eagles have a dream team!

Seriously though i think Roseman is a great GM but not due to his drafts. They got a lot of names that fell to them, let's see how it works out.

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Only 8 nfl teams ever have returned to the Super Bowl after losing the prior year. Everyone can chill about the Eagles for a bit 

“only 8”?  that’s pretty meaningless.  if it were only 1 or 2, maybe. 

Dude the Eagles are running circles around us. But, keep making bravado-filled asinine posts. 

Eagles had a good draft of potential. It would be interesting to know why Ringo dropped from a late R1 early R2 down to R4. And if Jalen Carter can play hard every down and stays away from the PA State Police he might be DRoY. But they will be shedding talent soon to cover that Hurts contract. Some of that will likely be in the O line.

Howie has good years and bad. Same as every team.

It’s an in exact science because absolutely ZERO of these rookies have ever faced NFL levels of talent, speed, complexity, and power. And many won’t make it same reason some can’t hit a mlb curve ball. Or get on a tee and hit a ball in front of a big pga gallery. Etc.

5 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Eagles had a good draft of potential. It would be interesting to know why Ringo dropped from a late R1 early R2 down to R4. 

Ringo got abused by ohio state WRs.  Also:

NFL Draft 2023: Why Georgia star defensive back Kelee Ringo is still available in Rd 4

I think it really comes down to two things with Ringo: Medicals and positional projectivity. You have to remember that he missed all of his true freshman season with a torn labrum. Although he bounced back from this devastating injury triumphantly, we have seen NFL teams poke and prod with Georgia players’ medicals more than they should (Nakobe Dean, Darnell Washington, etc.).

So yes, there may be some component having to do with Ringo’s surgically repaired labrum. However, I think it is the fact he is mostly a positionless defensive back out there.

He played corner mostly at Georgia, but we would often see him get burnt like toast and draw more yellow laundry than anyone in the Dawgs’ defensive backfield. He can run, but he does not exactly fly

Where Ringo has tremendous value at the next level is his ball skills and instinctive nature in that regard. If you want facsimiles to maybe what he can be, look no further than fellow SEC legends like Eddie Jackson and Tyrann Mathieu. Jackson and Mathieu are kind of safeties or slot corners more than anything. This may be the role Ringo has to play at the next level to sustain stardom.

Overall, I expect the intangibles will play a huge role in him having success at the professional. I have no clue how long or how productive Ringo’s career will be in the NFL, but you would rather have him on your team and in your defensive backfield than not. 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Ringo got abused by ohio state WRs.  Also:

NFL Draft 2023: Why Georgia star defensive back Kelee Ringo is still available in Rd 4

I think it really comes down to two things with Ringo: Medicals and positional projectivity. You have to remember that he missed all of his true freshman season with a torn labrum. Although he bounced back from this devastating injury triumphantly, we have seen NFL teams poke and prod with Georgia players’ medicals more than they should (Nakobe Dean, Darnell Washington, etc.).

So yes, there may be some component having to do with Ringo’s surgically repaired labrum. However, I think it is the fact he is mostly a positionless defensive back out there.

He played corner mostly at Georgia, but we would often see him get burnt like toast and draw more yellow laundry than anyone in the Dawgs’ defensive backfield. He can run, but he does not exactly fly

Where Ringo has tremendous value at the next level is his ball skills and instinctive nature in that regard. If you want facsimiles to maybe what he can be, look no further than fellow SEC legends like Eddie Jackson and Tyrann Mathieu. Jackson and Mathieu are kind of safeties or slot corners more than anything. This may be the role Ringo has to play at the next level to sustain stardom.

Overall, I expect the intangibles will play a huge role in him having success at the professional. I have no clue how long or how productive Ringo’s career will be in the NFL, but you would rather have him on your team and in your defensive backfield than not. 

Ringo may end up safety.  He has problems with his agility and turning in space.  

Look at his RAS.  His shuttle and 3-cone are awful for a CB.  He's big and runs well straight ahead.  I think he could probably be a nice safety though. of not, a boundary corner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Eagles had a good draft of potential. It would be interesting to know why Ringo dropped from a late R1 early R2 down to R4. And if Jalen Carter can play hard every down and stays away from the PA State Police he might be DRoY. But they will be shedding talent soon to cover that Hurts contract. Some of that will likely be in the O line.

Howie has good years and bad. Same as every team.

It’s an in exact science because absolutely ZERO of these rookies have ever faced NFL levels of talent, speed, complexity, and power. And many won’t make it same reason some can’t hit a mlb curve ball. Or get on a tee and hit a ball in front of a big pga gallery. Etc.

Georgia players had overwhelming talent advantages in most every situation they faced. Makes it easier to be good when the offense is stressed at every position.

I get the Cowboys tradition of shitting on our draft picks. But kissing Philly's ass? Get your shit together. We did fine, philly is philly shit. They had their moment, and they are still philly trash.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think Nolan Smith is going to be a tweeter edge guy that won’t be a 3 down player. A 238 LB edge guy with undeveloped handwork and rush tactics doesn’t appear to be the marvelous pick some seem to think he is.

yeah because gaining weight isn’t a thing, I guess.

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think Nolan Smith is going to be a tweeter edge guy that won’t be a 3 down player. A 238 LB edge guy with undeveloped handwork and rush tactics doesn’t appear to be the marvelous pick some seem to think he is.

Nolan has some similar traits to DMO but faster/quicker, and better edge technique since he's been playing the position longer.  DMO probably has better pass coverage skills because of his training at safety and off the ball LB.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nolan-smith/3200534d-4953-6848-fd4d-2f73557d06ca

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/demarvion-overshown/32004f56-4524-9174-45a2-1631b707074e

Nolan is a luxury pick for the eagles... he has good speed and quickness but he will have to develop more passing rushing skills than just a speed rush.  Some NFL scouts believe he will be suspect in handling the run as an Edge due to his size, so he's not expected to be an every down player.   

Also... Smith started the first eight games of the Bulldogs' 2022 title march (18 tackles, seven for loss with three sacks) before suffering a season-ending torn pectoral muscle.

You worry about him holding up for 17 games with his size. I’m not worried about the toughness, but I just don’t know if he can carry more weight without it slowing him down.” -- National scout for NFC team

4 hours ago, futureman said:

yeah because gaining weight isn’t a thing, I guess.

Depends on how much weight and what kind. A skeletally mature player who had spent 3-4 years at an elite program would have a hard time gaining a lot of lean mass without PED

eta unless of course they we’re purposely keeping him light

Edited by Sawbonz

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

They are here. Are they good elsewhere. Are at the one in Mansfield and it was the suck.

They're an upscale McDonalds. Kids play area to lure in parents who want to eat in peace for 30 minutes while they're snotbuckets run amok.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

They are here. Are they good elsewhere. Are at the one in Mansfield and it was the suck.

they've gotten a lot worse since they started expanding. very generic now. the original was alright, their food truck was the best imo.  

16 hours ago, futureman said:

the tweet says he's in austin

tweet said he's working out in austin but the tweet originated in lewisville.  i assume that's where clarence hill took the picture. 

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

tweet said he's working out in austin but the tweet originated in lewisville.  i assume that's where clarence hill took the picture. 

all that means is clarence hill was in lewisville.  

Edited by futureman

7 hours ago, DFW Horn said:

Yes, there's one in Keller.

It sucks unless you need a playground for your rambunctious rug-rats and kiddos.

They have a business model and it works.  My sister has 10 of their cups in her cabinet whenever I am at her house.  Her kids are 5 and 8.

On 5/5/2023 at 9:24 AM, Porterhouse said:

Hat Creek doesn’t suck. The problem is, you all suck. 

Really? No, hat creek is terrible. I've only eaten there twice.  First my burger was cold, second I got food poisoning. 

The appeal is the playscapes not the food.

In contrast, I've never had a bad P Terry's burger. 

9 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Really? No, hat creek is terrible. I've only eaten there twice.  First my burger was cold, second I got food poisoning. 

The appeal is the playscapes not the food.

In contrast, I've never had a bad P Terry's burger. 

P Terry’s alright. I’ve only gone to HC on Bee Caves and 360 and the food was good. Been to one in Dallas across from Presby for breakfast tacos only. Maybe the quality is poor amongst franchisees but the original was really good. That the consensus thinks it’s bad is a revelation and tells me you’re all fucked in the head.