Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

7 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I think we should invite Nellie to throw out the first pitch of opening day next year when we drop the banner.  Welcome him home with open arms.   That evil has been exercised 

I said something about Nellie the other day....and made a funny one,  I said something like "speaking for most Rangers fans, we sure don't want Nellie to catch the first pitch." 

6 hours ago, BeardIP said:

R.I.P. Johnny Oates. Smiling down on us all.

Bochy seemed to have a similar overall presence. Let the veterans do their thing, but trust the young guys as well without having to scream in their face.

A lot of the country doesn't realize how many legit baseball fans have followed the Rangers for decades. Dallas folks played a part, but there are so many families from mid-cities, FW and even further who have been paying customers since Arlington Stadium. They didn't demand fancy stadiums with suites, they just wanted a winner. Congrats to all of you who finally get to enjoy it.

And I don't think the Phillies would have beaten TEX. Presumably some better games, but the Rangers lineup was relentless.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So many thoughts this morning…

my parents, now of blessed memory, would be so very happy for all Rangers fans. 

my Boy Scout troop worked concession at the old old Arlington Stadium 

my son and I were at the ballpark the night the poor guy fell over the railing and lost his life (his young son was at game with him too)

Like us all I almost never thought I’d hear the phrase “WS Champs Texas Rangers.” Cue Dick Risenhoover

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Constant said:

Sborz pitched 12 innings in the postseason. He gave up 1 run, 4 hits, and had 13 strikeouts to 4 walks. 

Pure dominance. What a performance and there are several other stories just like his. 

I didn’t realize what a stud he was in college until last night.  Helped UVA win a national title on something like 27 straight scoreless innings. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• immamac unlocked this topic

I still vividly remember the day, 45 years ago, when I checked the mail and received the manilla envelope containing my Dr. Pepper Junior Texas Rangers membership - a certificate, iron on patches with Rangers and Dr. Pepper logos, two white sweat bands with Rangers logo, and signed pictures of Jim Sundberg and Toby Harrah. Then the crush of 2010 and 2011. I thought the window for a title in my lifetime was likely closed. What an incredible team, and so thrilled to see it finally happen for the Texas Rangers! Our World Series Champions. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Congrats to the Rangers! Bizarre game. Wolf at the door for six innings - six no hit innings, then POW, multiple hit turnaround. Shut the door. Successful season over.

Pretty much been our M.O. all season.  Having a bad game for 4-5 innings and next time you look up we’ve scored 5,7,9 runs in rapid fashion.   Team.   They worked together, never quit, never gave away at bats collectively, and ground out the fucking championship.  Just incredible. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

When I was in my early 20's, we lived just across the highway from the old Rangers stadium. Used to sit in the outfield seats for all home games for pocket change. Camped out on the sidewalk outside the Ballpark in Arlington for playoff tickets, and sat in RF to watch the Rangers lose. This win completes the championship seasons for "my teams", as I had seen the Cowboys, Mavericks and Longhorns all win one before. So thankful that I was around to see this one with my son on his 28th birthday. Happy Times!!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

You could see the offense chipping away at Gallen's confidence in the 5th and 6th. Making contact, taking some balls deep into the outfield. Then the dam broke and he was done. This team just never panicked. It's truly remarkable how they battled back each time they faced adversity...after limping into the postseason. Never seen a team turn it on like that. I'm still on a high this morning.

Post your championship merch. I'm not a huge fan of the championship hats so I think I'll just get this one to replace my old ass Puma hat.

mens-new-era-royal-texas-rangers-2023-wo

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Pretty much been our M.O. all season.  Having a bad game for 4-5 innings and next time you look up we’ve scored 5,7,9 runs in rapid fashion.   Team.   They worked together, never quit, never gave away at bats collectively, and ground out the fucking championship.  Just incredible. 

Undefeated on the road to boot. That will probably never happen again. 

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You could see the offense chipping away at Gallen's confidence in the 5th and 6th. Making contact, taking some balls deep into the outfield. Then the dam broke and he was done. This team just never panicked. It's truly remarkable how they battled back each time they faced diversity...after limping into the postseason. Never seen a team turn it on like that. I'm still on a high this morning.

Post your championship merch. I'm not a huge fan of the championship hats so I think I'll just get this one to replace my old ass Puma hat.

I got the low profile version of this. I also did not like the championship hat. 

I was a huge Rangers fan as a kid, the Juan Gonzales and Reuben Sierra era when Nolan Ryan was still throwing smoke. Lost touch about the time Pudge, my second favorite player after Nolan, went to Detroit. I was in college and headed towards my unfortunate demise of OSU fandom. Watched the nonsense of 2011 and was happy to watch most of this year’s run. Awesome playoffs, pretty much every game. Congrats to the lifers, you all deserve it!

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You could see the offense chipping away at Gallen's confidence in the 5th and 6th. Making contact, taking some balls deep into the outfield. Then the dam broke and he was done. This team just never panicked. It's truly remarkable how they battled back each time they faced diversity...after limping into the postseason. Never seen a team turn it on like that. I'm still on a high this morning.

I got these as more commemorative hats, not to be worn, but probably one for my son to put on a shelf and one for the office:

Men's Texas Rangers  New Era White 2023 World Series Champions Parade 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable Hat

Men's Texas Rangers  New Era Black 2023 World Series Champions Locker Room 9FORTY Adjustable Hat

And then this will be my Rangers shirt for every occasion that necessitates a Rangers shirt, from now until I die of old age, God willing.

Men's Texas Rangers Corey Seager Nike Royal 2023 World Series Champions Name & Number T-Shirt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Oh we're allowed back in the Rangers thread now, how nice. Lord.

This may have been posted already but how fitting Sborz locked it down and closed it out. 

2023 Postseason
G 10
ERA 0.75
IP 12
SO 13
WHIP 0.67

Fucking nails.

Insane post season for him. And excellent management of him from Boch. 

1 minute ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Parade route should go from downtown Ft Worth, I-30 to Arlington, then downtown Dallas, then I-45 to Houston just to fuck with them. 

Nah, man. It's Arlington's parade. They took a chance on baseball, lived through some lean times, gave the team 3 stadiums. They should route it through Six Flags though.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1