The official 2024 GOP Presidential Candidate Clown Car thread!

horn4life

7 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Nikki Haley was on CNBC this morning for a solid 30 minutes.  Just her and the three anchors.  Covered a wide range of topics from foreign policy, the markets, domestic issues, etc.  Very impressive, actually.  She gave informed, detailed answers to everything and didn't just default to "BUT BIDEN!!!!"  She also looks the part.  She's the only one in the field, including Biden, that would be believable as a senior executive at a Fortune 50 company.

Sadly, she's not nearly crazy enough for the average primary voter.  They're deranged and want to be entertained.

This.  When she's not a pandering piece of shit (so, when she's not being a modern Republican), she's a credible, reasonably intelligent candidate.

But, like all the rest of them, she long ago realized that no GQP candidate can win anything without embracing the crazy/shitty, so there she is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  When she's not a pandering piece of shit (so, when she's not being a modern Republican), she's a credible, reasonably intelligent candidate.

But, like all the rest of them, she long ago realized that no GQP candidate can win anything without embracing the crazy/shitty, so there she is.

Her doubling down on stating she'd force Americans to reveal their names online with their social media handles is pretty fucking stupid, illegal/unconstitutional, and it pissed off MAGA.

Maybe, just maybe, she's not that bright either.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

Her doubling down on stating she'd force Americans to reveal their names online with their social media handles is pretty fucking stupid, illegal/unconstitutional, and it pissed off MAGA.

Maybe, just maybe, she's not that bright either.

Pandering to the mob is usually a bad idea, because you inevitably end up pissing off some faction of said mob, who have already demonstrated that they are unreasonable idiots.  So...yeah.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Pandering to the mob is usually a bad idea, because you inevitably end up pissing off some faction of said mob, who have already demonstrated that they are unreasonable idiots.  So...yeah.

Who was she pandering to?  Other Republican candidates (including Trump and DeSantis) don't want their bot farms/contractors or overseas supporters revealed. MAGA doesn't want their real names revealed - enough have already fucked around and been identified online or at rallies, etc., with the finding out part being fired, kicked out of school, losing business/income, etc.

Don't get me wrong - she would love for MAGA to see how many Russian bots are supporting Trump or DeSantis or whoever through social media (whether MAGA would care...) but as a whole, it would cripple the GOP if something like that happened, and the social media platforms were forced to ban foreign bots.

It's just a very odd hill for her to take a stand on.  

My wife’s parents, god love em, finally found FoxNews on wife’s sister’s streaming deal yesterday.  Just in time for the Niagara Falls incident.  I swear Vivek was on every fucking time I walked through the room.  And they said they’d never vote for him but he got them so riled up.  It was amazing and horrifying all at once.  Nobody will call him out today but I like Christie’s methodology here.  call out every fuckstain in his party as they run out of the burning building they all knew Trump would ignite with them still in it. 

That awkward moment though, when Charles Koch asks "To whom do I make out this massive check, Governor?"  

And she has to answer, "Nimarata Randhawa."  Or you can make it to cash, my Sikh bank isn't open on the Guru's birthday.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You're assuming it won't be the dotard.  Not a safe assumption.

I hope he is alive and that he is the nominee then, because he's sucking up a whole lot of resources as well as the air in the room, with all of this legal and civil problems, and he's not bothering trying to really campaign anymore - just fundraise for his legal woes.  And he'll be still bitching about Hillary, Obama, and Biden in 2028, which won't do him much go.

And given the amount of fighting that's starting to really ramp up between the pro-Trump and anybody-but-Trump Republicans, that will be great as well.

Oops..

Brian Swensen formally resigned from his role as national political director for the Ramaswamy campaign over the weekend and has joined the Trump campaign, a source familiar with his departure told CNN. Swensen is expected to be working on the campaign’s political operation in the early-voting states, specifically in Nevada, two Trump campaign sources told CNN.

Swensen’s departure is the latest indicator of Ramaswamy’s stagnating campaign, which has struggled to gain momentum even as the candidate closely aligns himself with Trump, the front-runner for the 2024 GOP nomination. Earlier this month, Brandon Goodyear, the Ramaswamy team’s director of content, stepped away from the campaign, a source familiar with the departure told CNN.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that was weird.  He's a sharp dude.  Saw him speak at UT a few weeks ago, and much as I deplore his agenda, found him at least engaging and intelligent.  But that shit on CNN about just doubling down on J6/Inside Job was just fucking bizarre.  I mean, we hear people talk about it falsely as a grift, then there's the people that talk about it falsely as a grift but they know we know it's a bit, and then there's just the stupids who talk about it falsely because they lack purpose in life.  But it was really weird to tell which was he was going.  I mean, he had me stumped.  He's smart enough to know it's complete bullshit but, and maybe he's using it to curry favor with MAGA nation, but at the same time he spoke with the ferocity and conviction of an honest believer.  But yet, he didn't give fuck one when it actually went down three years ago.  I don't know if this is some kinda Rubicon moment for what he may represent as a future leader of the GOP or just soundbite bullshit heading into Iowa.  100% certain though it was fucking weird as shit.

On 12/14/2023 at 9:51 AM, YGIFS said:

Yeah, that was weird.  He's a sharp dude.  Saw him speak at UT a few weeks ago, and much as I deplore his agenda, found him at least engaging and intelligent.  But that shit on CNN about just doubling down on J6/Inside Job was just fucking bizarre.  I mean, we hear people talk about it falsely as a grift, then there's the people that talk about it falsely as a grift but they know we know it's a bit, and then there's just the stupids who talk about it falsely because they lack purpose in life.  But it was really weird to tell which was he was going.  I mean, he had me stumped.  He's smart enough to know it's complete bullshit but, and maybe he's using it to curry favor with MAGA nation, but at the same time he spoke with the ferocity and conviction of an honest believer.  But yet, he didn't give fuck one when it actually went down three years ago.  I don't know if this is some kinda Rubicon moment for what he may represent as a future leader of the GOP or just soundbite bullshit heading into Iowa.  100% certain though it was fucking weird as shit.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm sure the Supremes will deny to hear the case because of states rights to run their own elections...

They may not give two shits since Trump was easily beaten by Biden in Colorado, so it's the perfect out for them to do the states rights thing.

The interesting thing is that this would open up the Republican primary in Colorado to anybody but Trump.  Not going to help them beat Trump overall, but it's going to send Trump into another rage, both that he wasn't in the primary, but also in the general.

Trump is giong to go scorched-earth on a lot of Republicans next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Conservative former Judge Luttig, who served on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit for 15 years, on today's ruling in Colorado:

"The individual justices of the Colorado supreme court brought honor to their court and as well to the state and federal judiciaries with their opinion tonight in this historic case...Their opinion is unassailable under the objective law of the federal Constitution and Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. The Supreme Court of the United States ought to affirm this decision today."

MAGA: LUTTIG IS A RINO BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY GEORGE SOROS AND FAUCI AND GEORGE W BUSH!

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm sure the Supremes will deny to hear the case because of states rights to run their own elections...

I wonder what the down stream implications of this would be and how the GOP will weaponize this type of thing. Could we conceivably see all red states remove Biden from their ballots based on some crime conspiracy? 

1 hour ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

I wonder what the down stream implications of this would be and how the GOP will weaponize this type of thing. Could we conceivably see all red states remove Biden from their ballots based on some crime conspiracy? 

In terms of Colorado, people like Boebert would probably lose.

As far as other states fucking with Biden (and Dan Patrick has raised that issue in Texas), that would be some serious fucking around and finding out on their part, given that Colorado is using the Constitution to do it. Patrick raised the case, but there's nothing that Biden is doing in the Constitution that makes him ineligible.

Edit: It's a fantastic way to completely fuck up the government and if the Rs tried to do something like that, it becomes a FAFO moment for them.

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

The government interfering with people’s freedoms…TO OWN SLAVES you vapid sock puppet 

Now let’s not be too hasty and put words in the mouths of those in charge of South Carolina in 1860.  Let’s see what they had to say. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Carolina_Declaration_of_Secession

The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution

A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery.

https://constitutioncenter.org/the-constitution/historic-document-library/detail/south-carolina-declaration-of-secession-1860

beautiful happy endings GIF

34 minutes ago, Pancho said:

And now Desactinis and trump have both pounced on Haley not mentioning slavery when neither one of them would have mentioned slavery if they were answering the question themselves. 

The party of hypocrisy. 

let them fight fighting GIF

17 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’ll tell you what is stunning. That we are still having this discussion over 150 years later. Should have rid ourselves of these people when we had the chance. 

It is.  All of the Confederate states either mentioned directly or indirectly that it was about their right to maintain slavery and a quick 30-seconds on Google shows what the secession leaders were saying.  People like Haley try to play up the states rights things, but they leave out what rights the states wanted to maintain.

Either i or @TreatyOak have mentioned this guy in the past - he does an amusing, but very thorough takedown of the whole states rights thing.

• Hook 'Em 2