Why won't Nikki Haley be the first female POTUS?

tantric superman

11 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Lol, she can continue to run, but they ain't gonna give her the nom either way

The fact that the resolution doesn't just declare him Emperor tells you that the RNC is too pussified to say what they really believe.  Fucking do it, you gutless, spineless cowards.  Do it.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Lol, she can continue to run, but they ain't gonna give her the nom either way

This is actually an incredible show of weakness on Trumps part.  The fact that he doesn't want to bother with primaries and what not points to a couple of things.

1.  He, or his handlers want to limit his appearances because Dementia Don is gaining steam

2.  He doesn't want to spend the money to campaign because he's broke/stealing it (most likely both)

3.  He's tried to bully Haley out, and it hasn't worked.  

4.  Every time he doesn't get incumbent style results in a primary (think 80ish percent), he looks weak politically.  

There is no way this is binding, his people just leaked this as an attempt at a strong man play.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

This is actually an incredible show of weakness on Trumps part.  The fact that he doesn't want to bother with primaries and what not points to a couple of things.

1.  He, or his handlers want to limit his appearances because Dementia Don is gaining steam

2.  He doesn't want to spend the money to campaign because he's broke/stealing it (most likely both)

3.  He's tried to bully Haley out, and it hasn't worked.  

4.  Every time he doesn't get incumbent style results in a primary (think 80ish percent), he looks weak politically.  

There is no way this is binding, his people just leaked this as an attempt at a strong man play.  

#4. I realize that he convincingly beat Haley in NH but it was just the GOP and independents voting, and he didn’t even get 60%!  Sure some Haley voters will eventually vote for Trump in the general but they think he’s 2nd best.

On 1/23/2024 at 11:37 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Nikki can keep the money flowing after today she needs to name her VP candidate ASAP. If someone worthwhile is popular enough and can't withstand the wrath of Trump.

A running mate could pump some life into donations as well as double her ability to campaign in more locations.

Lol that never works 

GIF by Univision Noticias

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't believe that Nikki showed up but she should be hitting Trump on this lawsuit award. Remind the voters that about the sexual assault and jab him that he doesn't have the money to pay the damages.  Having Trump go unhinged even more might be the only way she can move up. At a minimum it increases the changes of Trump having a stroke.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't believe that Nikki showed up but she should be hitting Trump on this lawsuit award. Remind the voters that about the sexual assault and jab him that he doesn't have the money to pay the damages.  Having Trump go unhinged even more might be the only way she can move up. At a minimum it increases the changes of Trump having a stroke.

She needs to go around saying that if Trump doesn’t watch what he says about her, he’ll end up owing her $83.5 million.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

She needs to go around saying that if Trump doesn’t watch what he says about her, he’ll end up owing her $83.5 million.

That’s one of the biggest surprises of the Trump era, that no viable riser in the GOP has treated Trump like he treats everyone else.  There is SO much to clown about Trump that he would clearly not be able to handle.  But no one who matters has gone after him.

Haley should let 1 minute of camera time lapse without mentioning Trump and the word “loser” together.  And talking about how he has been found guilty of sexual assault.  And mentioning how many times he’s gone bankrupt.  And on and on.  But mostly talking about what a loser he is.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

That’s one of the biggest surprises of the Trump era, that no viable riser in the GOP has treated Trump like he treats everyone else.  There is SO much to clown about Trump that he would clearly not be able to handle.  But no one who matters has gone after him.

Haley should let 1 minute of camera time lapse without mentioning Trump and the word “loser” together.  And talking about how he has been found guilty of sexual assault.  And mentioning how many times he’s gone bankrupt.  And on and on.  But mostly talking about what a loser he is.  

His GOP competitors are all so scared of pissing off his base so they constantly kissing his and their ass in hopes of their future in politics. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

His GOP competitors are all so scared of pissing off his base so they constantly kissing his and their ass in hopes of their future in politics. 

This is true, and it's also why absolutely none of them stand out.  If they had all picked up Christie's mantra and attacked, it might given someone a chance.  The fact that pretty much all of them cowered pretty much doomed them all.  It might not have mattered, but in all honesty, all of their political careers are now dead anyway.  

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

She hasn’t been following it and she’s not a lawyer. 

• Rage+1 1

If you’re looking for a spine in the entire GQP…you might as well be looking for the Treasure of the Sierra Madre in Shangri-La under a yeti pelt.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 1/26/2024 at 8:08 PM, BamaATL said:

This is true, and it's also why absolutely none of them stand out.  If they had all picked up Christie's mantra and attacked, it might given someone a chance.  The fact that pretty much all of them cowered pretty much doomed them all.  It might not have mattered, but in all honesty, all of their political careers are now dead anyway.  

With the backing and popularity that he started with, Desantis would have already locked up the nomination (and likely the presidency) if he  came out of the gate attacking Trump.

(To be fair, I don't think this is a realistic scenario as Ron is a giant coward.)

• Hook 'Em 1

Giant?  Have you not been paying attention?  He's a Munchkin Coward.  A 'Munchward', if you will.  

It really is remarkable how much tailwind he had and how fantastically flamed out.  I'd prefer a Biden 2nd over a Haley 1st, but you gotta give her some credit.  She's got some fight in her.  She's the literal embodiment of every fucking person who Trump appoints/endorses who actually executes on her job, realizes what a fuckstick he is, and then leaves...only to have him throw her under the bus despite his moronic worshippers think, "Oh, he only surrounds himself with the best people!"  Well, here she is.  An actual intelligent person he once appointed to a very important position.  And now she's calling him out on his shit, and he can't fucking handle it.  Okay Donald, if she's so crappy, why'd you appoint her in the first place Commander Dipshit?  It can't go both ways like your wife does.  Nikki is doing the yeoman's work here.  What Biden is above doing because he's actually real shit to do. 

My biggest worry, and it's a legit one, is that Nikki will be threatened behind the scenes to drop out after Super Tuesday, far earlier than she should...which will derail her efforts to truly bash Trump and his followers before the convention.  But I wouldn't blame her, they are going to come for her kids if she's not careful.  There's a 50/50 chance she and her family have to live with a security detail for the rest of their lives.  Which sucks, but is the political reality of challenging a cult.  Fucking hot damn though, she's mixing it up and I for one respect her for it.  

50 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

With the backing and popularity that he started with, Desantis would have already locked up the nomination (and likely the presidency) if he  came out of the gate attacking Trump.

(To be fair, I don't think this is a realistic scenario as Ron is a giant coward.)

I'd have to disagree.  DeSantis is a pissant, same as he was at the beginning.  

11 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Giant?  Have you not been paying attention?  He's a Munchkin Coward.  A 'Munchward', if you will.  

It really is remarkable how much tailwind he had and how fantastically flamed out.  I'd prefer a Biden 2nd over a Haley 1st, but you gotta give her some credit.  She's got some fight in her.  She's the literal embodiment of every fucking person who Trump appoints/endorses who actually executes on her job, realizes what a fuckstick he is, and then leaves...only to have him throw her under the bus despite his moronic worshippers think, "Oh, he only surrounds himself with the best people!"  Well, here she is.  An actual intelligent person he once appointed to a very important position.  And now she's calling him out on his shit, and he can't fucking handle it.  Okay Donald, if she's so crappy, why'd you appoint her in the first place Commander Dipshit?  It can't go both ways like your wife does.  Nikki is doing the yeoman's work here.  What Biden is above doing because he's actually real shit to do. 

My biggest worry, and it's a legit one, is that Nikki will be threatened behind the scenes to drop out after Super Tuesday, far earlier than she should...which will derail her efforts to truly bash Trump and his followers before the convention.  But I wouldn't blame her, they are going to come for her kids if she's not careful.  There's a 50/50 chance she and her family have to live with a security detail for the rest of their lives.  Which sucks, but is the political reality of challenging a cult.  Fucking hot damn though, she's mixing it up and I for one respect her for it.  

It already feels like the primary is over.  If she can last until Super Tuesday and actually force trump to play ball in a bunch of those states and focus on her until then,  we might’ve got more than we expected coming into this thing.

• Hook 'Em 2

Another quality politician from SC with plenty of backbone.

In 2021, Nancy Mace, GOP Congress member from SC, criticized Trump for his role in Jan 6th. Trump didn’t like that so he endorsed her GOP primary rival in 2022. Nikki Haley was the main supporter of Mace and even traveled with her in Mace’s campaign. Mace won her primary 53-45. Haley may have been the reason.

fast forward to today. Mace has done a 180 and is a full on Trumpist and goes on about how Nikki is basically a Chinese agent.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2024/02/03/nancy-mace-nikki-haley-south-carolina-republicans-nn-vpx.cnn

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

fast forward to today. Mace has done a 180 and is a full on Trumpist and goes on about how Nikki is basically a Chinese agent.

These people turn on each other at the drop of a hat, another reason not to fear them too much.  

Nikki walking back her comments on Texas seceding,what a clown show

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/04/politics/nikki-haley-texas-secede-us/index.html

Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley on Sunday walked back her previous comment that Texas could secede from the US if it decided to do so.

“No. According to the Constitution, they can’t,” Haley told CNN’s Dana Bash on “State of the Union” when asked whether she thought the Lone Star State had a right to secede.

“What I do think they have the right to do is have the power to protect themselves and do all that. Texas has talked about seceding for a long time. The Constitution doesn’t allow for that,” she said. “But what I will say is  …  Where’s that coming from? That’s coming from the fact that people don’t think that government is listening to them.”

Her comments mark a turnaround from remarks she made last week, when Haley told radio host Charlemagne tha God that “if Texas decides they want to do that, they can do that.” “If that whole state says ‘We don’t want to be part of America anymore,’ I mean that’s their decision to make,” Haley said on “The Breakfast Club.”

Haley’s comments last week echoed the stance she articulated in a 2013 interview in which she said she believed that, under the Constitution, states have the right to secede from the rest of the country.

The Supreme Court ruled in 1869 that states do not have a constitutional right to unilaterally secede.

Just got home from Church.  Read that people for banning history books don't quite understand our history and people are shocked about it.  We live inside of a computer simulation.  Sorry Jesus.  Thank you for providing me with a path to peace, but there's no fucking way this is real anymore...

Nikki Haley would likely beat Joe Biden in a head to head run but it doesn’t matter because the cult will not be denied their Orange God….the guy that has already proven himself unelectable and has yet to win the popular vote in a general election. 

It’s funny/sad because the media only talks about “electability” when it’s a woman. 

Like, electability should objectively be the biggest red flag when it comes to nominating Trump but everyone in media has kind of accepted that narrative will not work because the Republicans party base is beyond rational thought or strategic thinking.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Nikki Haley would likely beat Joe Biden in a head to head run but it doesn’t matter because the cult will not be denied their Orange God….the guy that has already proven himself unelectable and has yet to win the popular vote in a general election. 

No, I don't believe this to be true.

I think the MAGA freaks who would go into a hissy fit if Trump didn't win the nomination far outnumber the right-leaning independents and the legitimate Republican never Trumpers who are chomping at the bit to vote for literally anyone else with an R next to their name.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/2/2024 at 1:13 PM, Superhero said:

Im getting a lot of spam texts from her campaign asking for donation.

Should I throw her a few bucks just in the hope she has more time to piss on Trump and hopefully cause him to have an aneurysm?

Take that money to a scrip club.

• Drool 1

All I’m saying is Nikki Haley is objectively a massively more competitive and viable candidate than Trump, under normal circumstances. 

It is also very possible Trump and his base would intentionally sabotage Nikki’s general election candidacy

The Trump cult is poison to the GOP and the conservative movement 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Think about this, objectively.  I know y'all think every single Republican is an evil fuckwad trying to burn down America.  I will not vote for her, but she is intelligent and has some modicum of decency...though somewhat jaded.  

But just realize this---there is a 50% chance she could be, under different circumstances, the first female President of the United States or a 50% chance she gets murdered by a MAGAt lunatic.  That's where her party is.

• Haha 2

Biden’s favorability numbers are somehow worse than or equal to Trump’s at the moment.  Why that is is beyond me but the 
data tells me many voters will be coming out to vote against Biden and not so much for a Republican.  Trump might be one of the few nominees Biden can beat.  I also believe the Democratic Party leadership understands this and they haven’t been as zealous as you’d expect to keep Trump from winning the GOP nomination.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

All I’m saying is Nikki Haley is objectively a massively more competitive and viable candidate than Trump, under normal circumstances. 

It is also very possible Trump and his base would intentionally sabotage Nikki’s general election candidacy

The Trump cult is poison to the GOP and the conservative movement 

What is this conservative movement you speak of?

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No, it’s very certain that they would sabotage her in the general election.  He would say the election was stolen by the GOP and Haley.  Enough of his followers would stay home or write him in to sink her bigly.

2 minutes ago, nbmishoid said:

What is this conservative movement you speak of?

Reagan killed the conservative movement by tripling the deficit. Oh, wait, did you mean the part about queers and blacks not having equal rights?

There are three people who could viably take the GOP nomination away from Trump if he is officially declared unable to appear on the ballot, or dies.  Now, how they sort themselves out with the 25mm MAGA base that is Trump-only, I dunno yet.  I'm not that smart.  

Haley is taking the direct tack.  She is in to outlast him through the primaries and convention.  And sadly her fate is totally binary.  She's either the first female GOP nominee or dead by his hand.  Kinda sucks, but also kinda admirable.  But she is summoning more and more support behind the scenes that I could have possibly realized.  We'll know more in one month's time obviously.

I am starting to firmly believe more and more that there are two others who are remaining in one case-dead silent.  And in one case-overly ball sucking to MAGA nation.  The quiet one may very well decide to jump in at the last moment when Trump is ineligible or dead, and he'll win the general election.  Glenn Youngkin.  The one who has been busy sucking Trump's taint without Trump even noticing is Greg Abbott.  Abbott thinks that by embracing MAGA nation, that if Trump can't run, he can slide in at the last minute.  They're both quietly counting on Trump not being around on the ballot in November.  Youngkin's only reservation is he can still win this thing down the road someday in 2028/2032, Abbott is nearly done for overall.  

But Haley has very discretely marshaled resources in the last few weeks that I didn't think possible.  and she's showing more fight than I thought possible.