2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

New Big 12 fans are so salty about this. It’s quite delicious. Sounds like it will be Allstate picking a big non-conf game every season as long as it’s not a neutral site game. We just happened to get the first one. BOMC

They're going to be more pissed when Michigan Texas is the game they pick in 2024.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Gotta love all the aggy hurt.  It’s so damn funny. 

Those fucks left the big 12 on a high horse, talking of the great future, talking of all the hatred of big brother and how much better life was gonna be.  Then to turn around, go a combined 48-41 with 0 conference wins, while having a head coach currently corroding the program, right before big brother comes back into the conference they have tattooed on their sheep asses.  Not to mention the arrival of big brother being in a celebrated and highlighted way they never got.   God damn. You almost feel for those fucking bastards. 

Not even a little bit

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

You're thinking too small.

Allstate Crossbar Classics:

2023 - Texas at Alabama

2024 - Texas at Michigan

2025 - Texas at Ohio State

2026 - Ohio State at Texas

2027 - Michigan at Texas

we smile and giggle at surreal possibility that this will happen

our current and future enemies see this as arrogance that we created for ourselves

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zeus said:

Obviously but the game can't be called that because it's entirely from the prospective of the Texas fan. Wouldn't exactly sound right to the national audience. 

Since for whatever dumb reason we can't call it a Red River Shootout they need to just eliminate the Red River part and change the name entirely. 

Battle for the Golden Hat

Fuck Jerry Jones Game

Burnt Orange Red Game

Longhorn vs. a fucking mobile home Game

Texas Oklahoma Game

I suck at this but you get the idea

the REAL Cotton Bowl game

I had one of those very vivid summer football dreams last night. Sadly, we were losing 14-7 to Bama at halftime. Ewers was 26-51. Yes we threw the ball 51 times in the first half. 

Also, we had VY available, due to some new rule. Sark said something about getting him some work in the second half, but he was very rusty. 

No Country For Old Men GIF - No Country For Old Men - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I had one of those very vivid summer football dreams last night. Sadly, we were losing 14-7 to Bama at halftime. Ewers was 26-51. Yes we threw the ball 51 times in the first half. 

Also, we had VY available, due to some new rule. Sark said something about getting him some work in the second half, but he was very rusty. 

No Country For Old Men GIF - No Country For Old Men - Discover & Share GIFs

to be fair, i think that Quinn Ewers will be better than a 40 year old Vince Young who last played football 6 full years ago. 51 attempts in the first half with 7 points would be not great.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

to be fair, i think that Quinn Ewers will be better than a 40 year old Vince Young who last played football 6 full years ago. 51 attempts in the first half with 7 points would be not great.

This is what I said to my friend, who was bitching that we had VY on the team and we weren't playing him. "Well he's 40 and out of shape man." 

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

Gotta love all the aggy hurt.  It’s so damn funny. 😂 Those fucks left the big 12 on a high horse, talking of the great future, talking of all the hatred of big brother and how much better life was gonna be.  Then to turn around, go a combined 48-41 with 0 conference titles , while having a head coach currently corroding the program, right before big brother comes back into the conference they have tattooed on their sheep asses.  Not to mention the arrival of big brother being in a celebrated and highlighted way they never got.   God damn. You almost feel for those fucking bastards. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Next time one of you fucking idiots cites PFF ratings, remember that they don’t have Kelvin Banks as a first team tackle.

At the expense of pushing Mr. James over the edge with more PFF, giphy.gif
……………..Banks missing was a little curious.

Overall, we were well represented on the 1st and 2nd teams.

PFF listed them as two Ts, two Gs and a C so it wasn’t best 5 guys. The BYU guy and a WVU guy were the Ts. WVUs Milam is a class ahead of Banks and was SIs #1 rated high school RT and an Army All American.

I scanned a PFF podcast on the 2024 Olinemen draft candidates. 3rd team selection Paul for Houston was mentioned in that podcast.

Ford, Jerrin and Barron were all 1st team on D. Six offensive Horns on the first two teams. Six on D. Then 3 3rd teamers. And 1st team K and P. No edge guys though.

For those that say Tom Herman can’t recruit Oline Tyler Johnson and C Jones come in at 3rd team. So there.

I’m curious about that WVU Oline. I’ll pay more attention than I otherwise would have. All upperclassmen with good experience. Also, the Big 12 media had Novitsky at 1st team OL. He’s not on any of the 3 PFF teams.

9 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

PFF listed them as two Ts, two Gs and a C so it wasn’t best 5 guys. The BYU guy and a WVU guy were the Ts. WVUs Milam is a class ahead of Banks and was SIs #1 rated high school RT and an Army All American.

I scanned a PFF podcast on the 2024 Olinemen draft candidates. 3rd team selection Paul for Houston was mentioned in that podcast.

Ford, Jerrin and Barron were all 1st team on D. Six offensive Horns on the first two teams. Six on D. Then 3 3rd teamers. And 1st team K and P. No edge guys though.

For those that say Tom Herman can’t recruit Oline Tyler Johnson and C Jones come in at 3rd team. So there.

I’m curious about that WVU Oline. I’ll pay more attention than I otherwise would have. All upperclassmen with good experience. Also, the Big 12 media had Novitsky at 1st team OL. He’s not on any of the 3 PFF teams.

The center is legit for WV. It just does not make sense the the team that was 9th in Total offense (7th in yard per play), has 3 pre-season All-Conference players on their OL. This is expected to be one of the worst teams in the league. PFF is saying they have one of the best OLs in the league, unless they are assuming  you and I are going to man the other 2 spots on the OL. 

Kingsley from BYU is a  legit player. I have seen him mocked in the first round for 2024 draft. We can argue 

Edited by Codaxx

10 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

This might be under the radar for some...

Scipio Tex has k-state O-line #1 in B12 because they return 5 OL starters including three 6yr players.  

• Hook 'Em 4

53 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

as a quick reminder, Tyler Johnson didn't play as a freshman at Texas (took a RS), started at RG vs Colorado in the Alalmo Bowl (this was his debut at Texas), then didn't play as a sophomore.

last year, he started 10 games at RG and was third team ACC.

Tyler Johnson historically hasn't given a good damn about playing college football. cared way way way more about music, which is fine. but typically those dudes don't stand up long term.

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Texas did not have a 2 deep on the OL for the Spring game. Herman did have some decent OL, but recruiting isnt just about grabbing a couple solid players over a 4 year period. Flood went out and grabbed 12 OL in the last 2 classes in attempt to clean up that mess. If you have to take numbers at a position, it is generally because you did not recruit well (poor evals and/or poor numbers)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:16 PM, Royale with cheese said:

I, for one, am in the vast majority of long-time fans of one of the greatest rivalries in all of CFB--probably the greatest--who are fed up with some corporate marketing department telling some pencil-dick intern who doesn't know sheep shit from wild honey when it comes to real football, because he probably identifies as a girl anyway, that the pure and unadulterated sobriquet of "The OU Game," which stood for, oh, 100 years or so (and is 63-50-5 in favor of UT), is woefully insufficient as a title, and that what we need is a catchy corporate branding moniker that'll help us sell more Lite Beer, or Chevrolet pickups, or cut-rate auto insurance, or some such, totally without regard to the value of history and  tradition, and without offending any self-styled protected class in the process, and while you're at it, make it the longest run-on sentence in the history of marketing and promotion, and by the way, we need it tomorrow. That's where I am on this "Red River Whatever-The-fuck" bullshit, and I refuse to compromise. 

Not all (former) dudes who identify as a girls are marketing hacks who think quippy bullshit is needed here. My momma taught me right. It’s Texas-OU and that’s it god dammit. 

and what in the ever loving shitfuck is a cross bar classic. sounds like Allstate needs to be protected from the mayhem of the marketing dept.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, troph said:

Not all (former) dudes who identify as a girls are marketing hacks who think quippy bullshit is needed here. My momma taught me right. It’s Texas-OU and that’s it god dammit. 

and what in the ever loving shitfuck is a cross bar classic. sounds like Allstate needs to be protected from the mayhem of the marketing dept.

It's Texas-OU to most people because it's Texas vs OU, and it's not OU-Texas to be alphabetical, it's Texas-OU because it's played in Texas.