2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

If you don’t like the name change for 2023 I’ve got some bad news for you.  
This is next year’s…

The Allstate Flag Football Nobody Gets Hurt Everybody Wins A Trophy Red River Gathering 2024. 

In 2025 the word Red will be removed for obvious reasons.  I don’t know about you but I feel safer with each name change.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Does anyone actually use any of these phrases? I've probably typed out RRS for short before, but I've never in my life said the words Red River Rivalry or Showdown or whatever. 

Well now I have I guess. 

I just call it the Red River Shootout.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Good lord, they can't just call it "the OU game" or "the Texas game" for obvious reasons. The Red River who-gives-a-fuck is a fine compromise, and no one actually says the sponsor's name outside of a broadcast anyway.

Also, that's a big account, the "pencil dick intern" is probably a creative director making $500-750,000 a year whose main job is getting all of the corporate big dicks to agree on something, the actual name is entirely secondary to the process.

Joke over head.png

22 hours ago, Rimbo said:

image.gif.aca26e4ac43800370d4ce7b2a088ee40.gif

Like 1988 or so. At the very latest.

I know some really, really hardcore Longhorns fans. And exactly zero of them are more of a Longhorn fan than Bobby. Zero point zero.

I totally agree.  I just thought him going off was donut of character for him that his horns were shining bright.   

I can watch his shit and enjoy his content.  That isn't something I can say about a couple of others who's voice annoys me so much that I can't make it 2 mins into their show before shutting it off no matter how interested I am in the title. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

2015 poll across the country on Reddit - “who is UT”?

Don’t forget to express your condolences to Tennessee fans and send them thoughts and prayers

image.png.f6af3663f78ce8028c84205d65f1b065.png

How is this even a debate? I mean their team name wouldn’t even exist without Texas and Davey Crockett himself needed to be re-elected in their shitty state or they “could all go to hell and he was going to Texas.”

Good lord, they can't just call it "the OU game" or "the Texas game" for obvious reasons. The Red River who-gives-a-fuck is a fine compromise, and no one actually says the sponsor's name outside of a broadcast anyway.

Also, that's a big account, the "pencil dick intern" is probably a creative director making $500-750,000 a year whose main job is getting all of the corporate big dicks to agree on something, the actual name is entirely secondary to the process.
Tsrh. I understand why the corporate sponsors need to give it some sort of grandiose name, but in my best north Texas urban drawl, "it don't make a shit"
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

I, for one, am in the vast majority of long-time fans of one of the greatest rivalries in all of CFB--probably the greatest--who are fed up with some corporate marketing department telling some pencil-dick intern who doesn't know sheep shit from wild honey when it comes to real football, because he probably identifies as a girl anyway, that the pure and unadulterated sobriquet of "The OU Game," which stood for, oh, 100 years or so (and is 63-50-5 in favor of UT), is woefully insufficient as a title, and that what we need is a catchy corporate branding moniker that'll help us sell more Lite Beer, or Chevrolet pickups, or cut-rate auto insurance, or some such, totally without regard to the value of history and  tradition, and without offending any self-styled protected class in the process, and while you're at it, make it the longest run-on sentence in the history of marketing and promotion, and by the way, we need it tomorrow. That's where I am on this "Red River Whatever-The-fuck" bullshit, and I refuse to compromise. 

Personally, I don't care what they call it.  Just give me blow u in Dallas every year and I'm set.   I can tell a fellow longhorn if I just say the rivalry (game), just like I can tell aggy with the same phrase. One knows it and the other, well... 

Edited by Gaffords

19 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

2015 poll across the country on Reddit - “who is UT”?

Don’t forget to express your condolences to Tennessee fans and send them thoughts and prayers

image.png.f6af3663f78ce8028c84205d65f1b065.png

Electorally, this would be a Texas landslide--492-43.

(I gave one of Maine's electoral votes to fake UT.)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Does anyone actually use any of these phrases? I've probably typed out RRS for short before, but I've never in my life said the words Red River Rivalry or Showdown or whatever. 
Well now I have I guess. 

True. It’s always just been the OU game or Texas-OU when speaking about it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, texasdago said:

All this SEC-related talk... I'm just going to point out my stance here and now...

I never gave two farts about having the Big XII logo on our stuff or being associated with the Big XII.  I am a Texas fan.  I'm not a conference fan. I care about us winning... the rest of the teams can go F themselves.  Once we're in the SEC, I'm not being SEC-branded garbage, I'm not going to chant SEC SEC SEC (although possibly ironically after beating another SEC team like aggy).  I really don't care.  If all the other SEC teams lose, that's fine.  So long as Texas wins, I don't care.  

I must concur wholeheartedly with the Italian fellow.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, texasdago said:

All this SEC-related talk... I'm just going to point out my stance here and now...

I never gave two farts about having the Big XII logo on our stuff or being associated with the Big XII.  I am a Texas fan.  I'm not a conference fan. I care about us winning... the rest of the teams can go F themselves.  Once we're in the SEC, I'm not being SEC-branded garbage, I'm not going to chant SEC SEC SEC (although possibly ironically after beating another SEC team like aggy).  I really don't care.  If all the other SEC teams lose, that's fine.  So long as Texas wins, I don't care.  

You post all of this as though it is new and controversial. This is our collective view. Always has been. Always will be. Stated by numerous posters in numerous threads all over this site. 

A really good Saturday in the fall will be watching 15 SEC teams losing embarrassingly while Texas puts up a W. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You post all of this as though it is new and controversial. This is our collective view. Always has been. Always will be. Stated by numerous posters in numerous threads all over this site. 

A really good Saturday in the fall will be watching 15 SEC teams losing embarrassingly while Texas puts up a W. 

Just feels necessary to state this as more blah blah SEC talk heats up... because we also know a lot of the mouthbreather Texas fans will be all SECed out.

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I will be cheering for every SEC who is playing the Aggies, Sooners, and Pigs

tumblr_nzxx5yEr621sl21koo1_540.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

As I'm in the upper Midwest, I rarely interact with aggy so I genuinely thought the SEC worship I had read about on this board was typical hyperbole.  

Then, a few years ago, my son ended up playing on a team with the son of one.  Holy shit, it's exactly like this board described.  It's really incredible.

18 hours ago, Royale with cheese said:

I, for one, am in the vast majority of long-time fans of one of the greatest rivalries in all of CFB--probably the greatest--who are fed up with some corporate marketing department telling some pencil-dick intern who doesn't know sheep shit from wild honey when it comes to real football, because he probably identifies as a girl anyway, that the pure and unadulterated sobriquet of "The OU Game," which stood for, oh, 100 years or so (and is 63-50-5 in favor of UT), is woefully insufficient as a title, and that what we need is a catchy corporate branding moniker that'll help us sell more Lite Beer, or Chevrolet pickups, or cut-rate auto insurance, or some such, totally without regard to the value of history and  tradition, and without offending any self-styled protected class in the process, and while you're at it, make it the longest run-on sentence in the history of marketing and promotion, and by the way, we need it tomorrow. That's where I am on this "Red River Whatever-The-fuck" bullshit, and I refuse to compromise. 

Phlegm?  Is that you?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

He is easily my most highly anticipated player this year.  More than Ewers even.

I look forward to seeing Maalik play in the 2nd half of games after Quinn and the first unit push in our opponents shit by halftime. 

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

I can’t wait for the Bama ga— I mean the Allstate Crossbar Classic

New Big 12 fans are so salty about this. It’s quite delicious. Sounds like it will be Allstate picking a big non-conf game every season as long as it’s not a neutral site game. We just happened to get the first one. BOMC

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

New Big 12 fans are so salty about this. It’s quite delicious. Sounds like it will be Allstate picking a big non-conf game every season as long as it’s not a neutral site game. We just happened to get the first one. BOMC

I mean, it’s likely to be a top 5 matchup. Not sure who else they would choose. 

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, it’s likely to be a top 5 matchup. Not sure who else they would choose. 

With the caveat that it has to be a home game for the home team, not neutral site. So FSU/LSU is out.  Ohio State/ND isn’t until September 23. They found a very early matchup of two likely top 5/10 teams at Bama. Sounds juicy for the first matchup of this Crossbar Classic 

Plus it’s being hyped as the top non-conf game of the season. Natural pick. New Big 12 fans are such whiny babies 

Just now, Js1 said:

With the caveat that it has to be a home game for the home team, not neutral site. So FSU/LSU is out.  Ohio State/ND isn’t until September 23. They found a very early matchup of two likely top 5/10 teams at Bama. Sounds juicy for the first matchup of this Crossbar Classic 

Plus it’s being hyped as the top non-conf game of the season. Natural pick. New Big 12 fans are such whiny babies 

And it was a 1 point game last year

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

True. It’s always just been the OU game or Texas-OU when speaking about it.

Obviously but the game can't be called that because it's entirely from the prospective of the Texas fan. Wouldn't exactly sound right to the national audience. 

Since for whatever dumb reason we can't call it a Red River Shootout they need to just eliminate the Red River part and change the name entirely. 

Battle for the Golden Hat

Fuck Jerry Jones Game

Burnt Orange Red Game

Longhorn vs. a fucking mobile home Game

Texas Oklahoma Game

I suck at this but you get the idea

38 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Ok now this is fucking stupid. What an annoying way to shoehorn in a sponsor.

Actually it's awesome. 

Did aggy get a special name for their big move to the SEC to play Bama? 

Nope, nobody fucking cares except them. 

When Texas decides to come over and play Bama it's a big fucking deal.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

well, since they're either playing each other or a Southeast Little Sisters of the Blind Tech, that'll never happen

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Obviously but the game can't be called that because it's entirely from the prospective of the Texas fan. Wouldn't exactly sound right to the national audience. 

Since for whatever dumb reason we can't call it a Red River Shootout they need to just eliminate the Red River part and change the name entirely. 

Fuck Jerry Jones Game

Burnt Orange Red Game

Texas Oklahoma Game

That's easy,  "Fuck Jerry Jones Game". 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Fuck Jerry Jones Game

Burnt Orange Red Game

Texas Oklahoma Game

How about The Greatest Rivalry Game in college Football … brought to you by the tears of Texaggy.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 1