2023 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Just hook it to my veins!

BurntOrange&White

On 7/8/2023 at 7:35 PM, ousux said:
On 7/8/2023 at 5:30 PM, billfromlaketravis said:
I think the Big 12 refs will be careful this year. They'll wait until they can afflict the most pain. I fully expect them to "accidentally" screw up a call against Bama. God willing, if we make the championship game, they'll get us there too. 
See you in hell zebras. 

Pretty sure SEC refs will be doing the Bama game, and tbh I'm fine with that.

Yes thank God

These rig 12 fuckers were on their normal bullshit...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BBc0p7oXbhk

https://youtube.com/shorts/vGGMzjU6bJw?feature=share8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nNexONyvA0w&feature=share8

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Agree... pretty funny that Weiser used k-state and iowa state as his examples.  Texas beat both k-state and iowa state in 2022. 😋

IMG_20230713_192508_kindlephoto-6143119.thumb.jpg.054cc327b75f62a16ece389b5d83511f.jpg

Longhorn Livestream | Big 12 Deputy Commissioner Puts Foot in Mouth

What a hilarious quote from the leader of this clown conference. 

Adobe_20230713_210221.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

I don't see anything that is not even remotely out of character for this clown or this sham of a conference.  He misrepresented the Horn's down/taunting and ramped up the blatant officiating fuckery under his watch.   I disagree with Bobby Burton, the officials will be fucking around again this year, they are not jockeying for jobs, they are in for one last Vegas payday.

His K-State Grift

I found this link in the youtube comments.  So this guy was basically using the K-State funds as his personal bank and lost the documents of his employment, and then sued the KSU to settle for something he claimed (annuity) to which there we no records.    The Big 12 hired this crook.   HAHA HAHA HAHA HAHA  

Now I am absolutely convinced he fixes/bets on the games.  

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

I disagree with Bobby Burton, the officials will be fucking around again this year, they are not jockeying for jobs, they are in for one last Vegas payday.

I’ve always found it funny when people say officials won’t be biased because they are “graded” and want to “move up the ranks”.

Who do you think grades them? Who do you think gives them postseason assignments? Scott Campbell and Alan Eck had two of the worst officiated games I’ve seen in my life and both got promoted to the NFL the same year (!!!)

It’s all politics. The officiating world is its own bubble and god forbid anyone be held accountable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

All I can say is I hope BlowU sucks as badly as they did last year. There's a chance they will allow one of us to play in the CCG, but the "new Big12" would be dead in the water right out of the gate if both teams manage to overcome ref fuckery (and any created ourselves) and set up RRS 2.0 just a few miles west of the real one.

The Big 12 would love nothing more than to have one of the longtime members (K-state, Okie Lite etc) that arent leaving play one of the noobs in the CCG, and you can be damn sure the Rig12 refs will play a role in attempting to make that happen.

• Hook 'Em 2

Goddam, I fucking hate the Holier-than-thou be the bigger person bullshit that the Texas admin loves to jerk itself to. I already know that we are going to get so much shit and be mercilessly fucked with by this poverty club this season and our Admin is just going to sit there and take it because they think there is a single motherfucker in all of college football who will respect Texas for taking the high road.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’ve always found it funny when people say officials won’t be biased because they are “graded” and want to “move up the ranks”.

Who do you think grades them? Who do you think gives them postseason assignments? Scott Campbell and Alan Eck had two of the worst officiated games I’ve seen in my life and both got promoted to the NFL the same year (!!!)

It’s all politics. The officiating world is its own bubble and god forbid anyone be held accountable.

No joke.  This should be obvious by now.  Folks who try to make the screw jobs we have been getting "a conspiracy" need to pull their head of of the ass.  😡😡😡

Edited by cochamps
  • Like 1

Good stuff, so cross-posting  🤘

Screenshot_20230715-075112_kindlephoto-3721812.thumb.png.91beca315fa7880014e53747f83f4bd6.png

With Texas Longhorns head coach Steve Sarkisian and five player representatives at Big 12 Media Days in Arlington on Wednesday, the school released the roster for the 2023 season, the final campaign for the Longhorns before moving to the SEC.

Here are notable numbers, heights, and weights from the roster:

• Freshman linebacker Anthony Hill is listed at 234 pounds, up five pounds from his listed spring weight.
  • Junior wide receiver Xavier Worthy is listed at 172 pound, up eight pounds from last season.
  • Freshman safety Derek Williams will wear No. 2 and is listed at 6’2, 191 pounds.
  • Redshirt sophomore quarterback Quinn Ewers is listed at 195 pounds, down 12 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman running back CJ Baxter is listed at 218 pounds, up eight pounds from the spring.
  • Redshirt freshman quarterback Maalik Murphy is listed at 238 pounds, up 13 pounds from last season.
  • Senior cornerback Ryan Watts is listed at 213 pounds, up seven pounds from last season.
  • Sophomore cornerback Austin Jordan is now wearing No. 4 after wearing No. 9 last season.
  • Sophomore wide receiver Casey Cain is now wearing No. 8 after wearing No. 88 last season.
  • Junior transfer cornerback Gavin Holmes is listed at 177 pounds, up nine pounds from the spring.
  • Senior safety Jalen Catalon is listed at 202 pounds, up eight pounds from the spring.
  • Redshirt freshman defensive back X’Avion Brice is listed at 183 pounds, up nine pounds from last season.
  • Freshman linebacker S’Maje Burrell will wear No. 15 and is listed at 6’0, 219 pounds.
  • Sophomore defensive back Michael Taaffe is now wearing No. 16.
  • Redshirt freshman edge J’Mond Tapp is now listed at 266 pounds, up 25 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman wide receiver Ryan Niblett is wearing No. 18 and is listed at 5’10, 183 pounds.
  • Freshman safety Warren Roberson will wear No. 24 and is listed at 6’0, 193 pounds.
  • Running back Tre Wisner will wear No. 26 and is listed at 6’0, 175 pounds.
  • Stanford graduate transfer punter Ryan Sanborn will wear No. 27 and is listed at 6’3, 211 pounds.
  • Freshman edge Billy Walton will wear No. 31 and is listed at 6’3, 225 pounds.
  • Junior linebacker Morice Blackwell is listed at 208 pounds, up 12 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman defensive back Jelani McDonald will wear No. 44 and is listed at 6’2, 198 pounds.
  • Freshman edge Tausaili Akana will wear No. 46 and is listed at 6’4, 209 pounds.
  • Sophomore guard DJ Campbell is listed at 343 pounds, up 18 pounds from last season.
  • Sophomore guard Cole Hutson is listed at 318 pounds, up 13 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman offensive lineman Connor Robertson is listed at 319 pounds, up 12 pounds from last season.
  • Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Malik Agbo is listed at at 294 pounds, down 45 pounds from last season.
  • Senior right tackle Christian Jones is listed at 321 pounds, down 12 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman tackle Peyton Kirkland is listed at 250 pounds, presumably a typo meant to be 350 pounds, which would be down 17 pounds from the spring.
  • Freshman tackle Trevor Goosby will wear No. 74 and is listed at 6’7, 285 pounds.
  • Freshman offensive lineman Jaydon Chatman is listed at 308 pounds, up nine pounds from the spring.
  • Freshman tight end Spencer Shannon will wear No. 83 and is listed at 6’7, 241 pounds.
  • Freshman tight end Will Randle will wear No. 87 and is listed at 6’4, 235 pounds.
  • Sophomore edge Ethan Burke is listed at 257 pounds, up 12 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman edge Colton Vasek is listed at 242 pounds, up 12 pounds from the spring.
  • Senior defensive tackle T’Vondre Sweat is listed at 362 pounds, up 16 pounds from last season.
  • Redshirt freshman defensive lineman Jaray Bledsoe is listed at 274 pounds, up 14 pounds from last season.
  • Senior defensive lineman Alfred Collins is listed at 317 pounds, up 26 pounds from last season.
  • Redshirt freshman defensive lineman Zac Swanson is now wearing No. 96 and is listed at 270 pounds, up 13 pounds from last season.
  • Minnesota transfer defensive lineman Trill Carter will wear No. 98 and is listed at 6’2, 300 pounds.
  • Freshman defensive tackle Sydir Mitchell is listed at 335 pounds, down 25 pounds since the spring.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

• Freshman running back CJ Baxter is listed at 218 pounds, up eight pounds from the spring.
  • Junior transfer cornerback Gavin Holmes is listed at 177 pounds, up nine pounds from the spring.
  • Redshirt freshman edge J’Mond Tapp is now listed at 266 pounds, up 25 pounds from last season.
  • Sophomore guard DJ Campbell is listed at 343 pounds, up 18 pounds from last season.
  • Sophomore guard Cole Hutson is listed at 318 pounds, up 13 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman offensive lineman Connor Robertson is listed at 319 pounds, up 12 pounds from last season.
  • Redshirt freshman offensive lineman Malik Agbo is listed at at 294 pounds, down 45 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman tackle Peyton Kirkland is listed at 250 pounds, presumably a typo meant to be 350 pounds, which would be down 17 pounds from the spring.
  • Sophomore edge Ethan Burke is listed at 257 pounds, up 12 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman edge Colton Vasek is listed at 242 pounds, up 12 pounds from the spring.
  • Redshirt freshman defensive lineman Jaray Bledsoe is listed at 274 pounds, up 14 pounds from last season.
  • Senior defensive lineman Alfred Collins is listed at 317 pounds, up 26 pounds from last season.
  • Redshirt freshman defensive lineman Zac Swanson is now wearing No. 96 and is listed at 270 pounds, up 13 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman defensive tackle Sydir Mitchell is listed at 335 pounds, down 25 pounds since the spring.

Good to see Baxter gaining weight. Agbo lost a ton. Good to see Tapp gaining weight. Not so sure that Campbell gaining that much weight is a good idea. Good to see Peyton reshaping his body along with Sydir. Burke and Vasek on the right track.

Edited by Bevo

52 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Good to see Baxter gaining weight. Agbo lost a ton. Good to see Tapp gaining weight. Not so sure that Campbell gaining that much weight is a good idea. Good to see Peyton reshaping his body along with Sydir. Burke and Vasek on the right track.

I hope Baxter gets some good conditioning. He’s gonna be a beast but he looked super gassed in the UA game after a TD run from 20-30 yards out. When they interviewed him on TV about it afterwards, he was huffing and puffing a lot like he hadn’t run like that in a while. 

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Hasn't the B12 fired this assclown for shit-talking member institutions?  

"Hurr durr I guess Texas doesn't want to lose to Kansas St anymore hurr durr"

As Scipio Tex pointed out, no member of this Texas Longhorn football team knows what it's like to lose to Kansas State, even sixth-year senior Christian Jones. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 11:07 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Not only that but like the Church and all big money organizations they automatically want to cover up any issue that could be construed as wrongdoing by their people and will just pass it along and reshuffle the deck to avoid any scrutiny. So even if they aren't calling for it themselves they aren't going to do anything that would make it appear individual refs were fucking around on their own. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Good stuff, so cross-posting  🤘

Screenshot_20230715-075112_kindlephoto-3721812.thumb.png.91beca315fa7880014e53747f83f4bd6.png

With Texas Longhorns head coach Steve Sarkisian and five player representatives at Big 12 Media Days in Arlington on Wednesday, the school released the roster for the 2023 season, the final campaign for the Longhorns before moving to the SEC.

• Freshman linebacker Anthony Hill is listed at 234 pounds, up five pounds from his listed spring weight.
  • Junior wide receiver Xavier Worthy is listed at 172 pound, up eight pounds from last season.
  • Freshman safety Derek Williams will wear No. 2 and is listed at 6’2, 191 pounds.
  • Redshirt sophomore quarterback Quinn Ewers is listed at 195 pounds, down 12 pounds from last season.
  • Redshirt freshman quarterback Maalik Murphy is listed at 238 pounds, up 13 pounds from last season.
  • Senior cornerback Ryan Watts is listed at 213 pounds, up seven pounds from last season.
  • Sophomore cornerback Austin Jordan is now wearing No. 4 after wearing No. 9 last season.
  • Sophomore wide receiver Casey Cain is now wearing No. 8 after wearing No. 88 last season.
  • Senior safety Jalen Catalon is listed at 202 pounds, up eight pounds from the spring.
  • Redshirt freshman defensive back X’Avion Brice is listed at 183 pounds, up nine pounds from last season.
  • Freshman linebacker S’Maje Burrell will wear No. 15 and is listed at 6’0, 219 pounds.
  • Freshman wide receiver Ryan Niblett is wearing No. 18 and is listed at 5’10, 183 pounds.
  • Freshman safety Warren Roberson will wear No. 24 and is listed at 6’0, 193 pounds.
  • Stanford graduate transfer punter Ryan Sanborn will wear No. 27 and is listed at 6’3, 211 pounds.
  • Junior linebacker Morice Blackwell is listed at 208 pounds, up 12 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman defensive back Jelani McDonald will wear No. 44 and is listed at 6’2, 198 pounds.
  • Freshman edge Tausaili Akana will wear No. 46 and is listed at 6’4, 209 pounds.
  • Senior right tackle Christian Jones is listed at 321 pounds, down 12 pounds from last season.
  • Freshman tackle Trevor Goosby will wear No. 74 and is listed at 6’7, 285 pounds.
  • Freshman offensive lineman Jaydon Chatman is listed at 308 pounds, up nine pounds from the spring.
  • Freshman tight end Spencer Shannon will wear No. 83 and is listed at 6’7, 241 pounds.
  • Freshman tight end Will Randle will wear No. 87 and is listed at 6’4, 235 pounds.
  • Senior defensive tackle T’Vondre Sweat is listed at 362 pounds, up 16 pounds from last season.
  • Minnesota transfer defensive lineman Trill Carter will wear No. 98 and is listed at 6’2, 300 pounds.

Akana is such an interesting prospect. He's so light for an edge, especially an older guy for his class, but he also looks like a really good football player.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

Hasn't the B12 fired this assclown for shit-talking member institutions?  

I'm pretty sure this wasn't just some random stupidity from some asshat.  This was an official statement from the Big 12s front office... 

Keep up the good work Big 12. Just one more incentive for our team to kick the living shit out of anyone standing between us and the door. 

Edited by Gaffords
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

Sweat at 362 seems less than ideal. I hope he can keep chasing down Heisman QBs. 

Yeah, I don’t get it. He wrecked shop in HS at 280 and played really well as a freshman in the low 300s. Seems like he’d want to be 325-335 going into the contract year. But what do I know?

4 hours ago, Gaffords said:

I'm pretty sure this wasn't just some random stupidity from some asshat. This was an official statement from the Big 12s front office...  

Keep up the good work Big 12. Just one more incentive for our team to kick the living shit out of anyone standing between us and the door. 

Yeah it is the narrative that "B12 Left Behinds" wanted to get out there... it was no accident.

Screenshot_20230713-202115_kindlephoto-9019448.png.a635eddbd2b4ed1fc348211f6cf2784d.png

FUCK THE BIG 12 !!! 🤘

EMBRACE THE HATE 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Not if we leave holding the hardware.

B12 officiating going to do everything in its power to keep this from happening.  It’s going to be ridiculous. We can’t play anyone close enough to where the officials will be allowed to make a difference in the outcome. 

Edited by EZ$
  • Hook 'Em 7

B12 officiating going to do everything in its power to keep this from happening.  It’s going to be ridiculous. We can’t play anyone close enough to where the officials will be allowed to make a difference in the outcome. 
Tsrh ^^ Any close game will be 11 vs 18...or 21 if you include the replay yokels.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Good stuff, so cross-posting 

It’s great that Quinn is getting fit, but 195 lbs seems pretty light… Hope he still has enough on his frame to absorb hits and a few cheap shots from Bama (they will 100% try to pull that shit again).
  • Hook 'Em 1

Texas did not have a holding call called against their opponent in big 12 play all season last year.  In two big 12 games, officials did not call a single penalty against our opponent.  Not a single holding call… let that soak in. 
"well now, that's just proof the coaching staffs of our other member schools are just that much better than Texas!"- *Tim Weiser

*probably

12 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

William Walton tackles Sooners by the hundreds! Aye, and he consumes crimson tide with  fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse!

There once was a man from Madras

Whose bollocks were both made of brass

When they clanged together

They played "Stormy Weather"

And lightning bolts shot from his ass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Good to see Mitchell knocking the bay fat off. He needs to stay ready.   I don’t love Sweat’s weight. For reference, he’d be the heaviest DT in the NFL right now. 

I wonder what Sweat's fall camp history of losing weight is like??  Maybe he typically loses 20+ lbs in the extreme heat of August...

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Cracks me up how so many $9.95ers criticize Texas for underperforming over the last decade or so, and yet many $9.95ers continue to build the Longhorns up every preseason...

I've recently seen Joel Klatt say in one of his videos that he won't climb on the Longhorn hype train this year -- he refuses to build up Texas again until they finally Win 😋

• Hook 'Em 2