j-law in "no hard feelings"

henrygandorf

5 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

also, matthew broedrick's Lord Denethor makeup hairdo is disturbing.

I didn't even recognize him.  Of course, when I saw his wife, I thought "Courtney Cox looks a lot better than she normally does", so maybe I'm just not very good at this game.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I could understand trying to cash in on the Sandra Bullock / Reese Witherspoon big budget romcom genre, but this doesn’t even look like the type of movie where Lawrence is getting a fat check.  Is her husband the director or something?

when she left caa, she wanted to make more of her own decisions, so maybe this is that.  it looks like the type of movie cameron diaz would've said yes to about 5 years after her last hit.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I could understand trying to cash in on the Sandra Bullock / Reese Witherspoon big budget romcom genre, but this doesn’t even look like the type of movie where Lawrence is getting a fat check.  Is her husband the director or something?

She doesn’t need to cash in. She’s got X-men and hunger games money. Oh and that Oscar for best actress. This has to be something she genuinely likes

25 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Or maybe she just wanted to try something different. The part when she gets hit in the throat is pretty good physical comedy. I'll catch this when it comes out on streaming. 

it's also probably the funniest part of the entire movie. why do they always insist on putting the entire movie in the trailer?

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I remember when she used to be a movie star.  Can she please get back to doing that.  

Allison Brie can do this.  Go be a movie star.

Wood

Did she piss off David O. Russell or something? I agree she needs to chasing Oscars not starring in comedies that'll be on Peacock after a month. 

Also I don't understand the premise of the movie. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Also I don't understand the premise of the movie. 

She's an uber driver without a car.  She needs money.  Some rich parents want to pay her to fuck their 19 year-old virgin son.

More than one Surly poster has written fanfic with that same premise.

• Haha 4
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

She's an uber driver without a car.  She needs money.  Some rich parents want to pay her to fuck their 19 year-old virgin son.

More than one Surly poster has written fanfic with that same premise.

you can sell an elevator pitch if the development exec likes it enough.  some movies are sold on just a poster or a logline.  it's a mystery.

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

In a world where Onlyfans apparently doesn't exist...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I won’t bury the lede here. Full frontal J-Law nudity can be yours for the price of a matinee ticket. I’m still glowing.

Pretty funny movie. First half is great. Drags towards the end and then sticks the landing. 

I saw it today too.  Not a bad movie.  I got no problem with J Law deciding she wants to make raunchy comedies.  And the nekidness was definitely worth the price of admission.

1 hour ago, YChang said:

I for one am rooting for the return of R rated raunchy comedies back in theater. 

I listen to Variety’s The Town almost every day because I’m desperately bored at work. The host said the movie really needed to do $11 million + to keep the genre in theaters.  Currently projecting $14-15 million. That’ll do it. 

Palm Springs if not released during Covid, would have done $20 million easily. Great film. 

• Hook 'Em 3

people like that hot sauce guy's interview style.  i've seen several commentaries about it.  he evidently will really research some deep question topics and ask and people love it.  i think he sucks.  his interviews seem like they would be no different than it was a list of questions submitted to jlaw in written form.  there is no back and forth, where he uncovers something and follows up on it.  and his super deep questions are fine -- great, it isn't just surface level paparazzi level what dress are you wearing, who's your favorite co-star, shit -- but the deep questions seem like he's showing off that he knows some minutia that no one cares about.  here it is the cheetos question and stuff like that.  it's like he shows off he knows something little but it isn't interview worthy stuff. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Some are better than others. Sometimes those deep cut questions are really great and lead to some interesting stuff about the celeb involved. In Lawrence’s case there wasn’t too much of that, but watching her suffer through the wings was funny.

I remember liking Scarlett Johansson and Pedro Pascal’s episodes.

people like that hot sauce guy's interview style.  i've seen several commentaries about it.  he evidently will really research some deep question topics and ask and people love it.  i think he sucks.  his interviews seem like they would be no different than it was a list of questions submitted to jlaw in written form.  there is no back and forth, where he uncovers something and follows up on it.  and his super deep questions are fine -- great, it isn't just surface level paparazzi level what dress are you wearing, who's your favorite co-star, shit -- but the deep questions seem like he's showing off that he knows some minutia that no one cares about.  here it is the cheetos question and stuff like that.  it's like he shows off he knows something little but it isn't interview worthy stuff. 

I watched a couple. Not a fan either. I don’t get it.

I went to see this last night. I really enjoyed it. I had no expectations going in. It was funny, but also made some good points about people out on Montauk being forced out by wealthy vacationers. I would recommend this movie if you want something light-hearted, but funny and a little serious at times when it needs to be.

• Hook 'Em 1