Texas Basketball 2023-24

MuellerHorn

31 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Lol. Gerry said that Arterio Morris wanted to go to DePaul but the president of the university stepped in and told the coach he couldn't take him.

Is he saying Morris wanted to pick DePaul over KU? 

Edited by Burt Macklin

2 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

The indignity of being "forced" to play at Kansas.  

Such a generous president they have. Kansas basketball is the model citizen of college athletics and seeing them extend a helping hand to a player like Morris is heart-warming. 

57 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Such a generous president they have. Kansas basketball is the model citizen of college athletics and seeing them extend a helping hand to a player like Morris is heart-warming. 

We didn't have a problem letting him play at Texas, so perhaps we shouldn't be trash talking about other programs letting him play there. I don't understand this angle.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

We didn't have a problem letting him play at Texas, so perhaps we shouldn't be trash talking about other programs letting him play there. I don't understand this angle.

Many of us did, in fact, have a problem. 

Very hesitant to bang too hard on a 19 year old, but fuck that kid for badmouthing UT. He was lucky he got to play at all. Hope Self enjoys the trial in June. 

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Ze'Rik Onyema apparently canceled his Ole Miss visit?

Tech site is also saying he is unlikely to visit Lubbock.

Vandy vs Texas battle, with Vandy pitching him as a starter.

Edited by Hookem2147

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So canceled both remaining visits while on OV to us? Sounds promising, can't wait for the disappointment!

Would rather be the last visit than the first visit 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, PilotsError said:

god i'm so sick of hearing the word unicorn in basketball.  Was it Bill Simmons that started this shit?

The only Unicorns that exist are from New Braunfels. I should know. I'm one of them. 

Edited by DToro

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Dillon has a ton of stuff retweeted and posted about Arterio. I’m not taking his recent post to mean anything. 

Dillon has a tweet that I can’t see but seems neutral to positive. I’m not taking his ton of stuff retweeted and posted about Arterio to mean anything. 

31 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Dillon has a tweet that I can’t see but seems neutral to positive. I’m not taking his ton of stuff retweeted and posted about Arterio to mean anything. 

it's certainly weird and unprecedented, and there's no way i can sit here and take it as nothing. Texas and Kansas have a basketball rivalry. we have been their toughest foe throughout the history of this league, not that that's actually saying much. still, we have been the top two programs since the dawn of this league, and for dillon mitchell, a guy who spent the last year playing for UT and openly "loving his teammates/coaches/the program", to make like 15 goddamn retweets about one of our players defecting to the enemy, the program that has been our biggest competition for titles, well that seems like a bunch of bullshit to me.

i do not fucking understand these kids these days, but the entire spirit of that is so completely foreign to me that i absolutely take offense to it. anyone who doesn't can't possibly care all that much about UT hoops. much like Pop Pop, dillon mitchell is "guilty of some light treason", at minimum. you don't celebrate YOUR program losing a great player to the enemy. not that enthusiastically. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

it's certainly weird and unprecedented, and there's no way i can sit here and take it as nothing. Texas and Kansas have a basketball rivalry. we have been their toughest foe throughout the history of this league, not that that's actually saying much. still, we have been the top two programs since the dawn of this league, and for dillon mitchell, a guy who spent the last year playing for UT and openly "loving his teammates/coaches/the program", to make like 15 goddamn retweets about one of our players defecting to the enemy, the program that has been our biggest competition for titles, well that seems like a bunch of bullshit to me.

i do not fucking understand these kids these days, but the entire spirit of that is so completely foreign to me that i absolutely take offense to it. anyone who doesn't can't possibly care all that much about UT hoops. much like Pop Pop, dillon mitchell is "guilty of some light treason", at minimum. you don't celebrate YOUR program losing a great player to the enemy. not that enthusiastically. 

He’s one year removed from being a child. He’s simply supporting his friend. You’re reading WAY too much into it. Dillon Mitchell doesn’t give a flying fuck about the history of the Texas-Kansas basketball rivalry.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

He’s one year removed from being a child. He’s simply supporting his friend. You’re reading WAY too much into it. Dillon Mitchell doesn’t give a flying fuck about the history of the Texas-Kansas basketball rivalry.

he's a Texas Basketball letterman who is celebrating Texas Basketball and his beloved Rodney Terry losing one of its best players to a rival school in a transition year. it would be one thing if it was one congratulatory/well wishing tweet; it's double digit tweets. he literally did not make this many tweets about Texas reaching the elite 8. for him to celebrate Texas losing an important player to a key rival in such an over-the-top manner is a giant middle finger to Texas Basketball, to his his former teammates, and to Rodney Terry. we have fans holding out hope that he's coming back, meanwhile he is over the moon that we've lost arterio morris to a rival team. there's no way to spin that that that's positive, or even neutral. that's a "fuck you" to Texas.  

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Horn80 said:

Wow, it appears RT recruitment turned into a dumpster fire and thought that was one of his strongest reasons for him getting the job.  WTF is going on?  Guess time will tell.

If he gets Weaver and the UTEP guy, that’s a pretty darn good portal class he got + Disu coming back. If Hunter does comes back too, I’d give the off-season a B- so far

A solid B if he also pulls Todd Wright from LAC to replace Reilly 

Gets Mitchell back somehow? B+

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Harry Waters said:

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

Not saying that. But considering the circumstances, it won’t be a disaster if we land those 2 guys we are hosting this week and Hunter returns. I’m as miffed by the Johnson/Holland thing as anyone. Morris, meh. He has a bad circle giving him bad advice and he clearly didn’t mesh with RT.  Notwithstanding his legal troubles.