Texas Basketball 2023-24

MuellerHorn

Just now, dcar00 said:

I think the narrative was "even if he loses everyone we can still rebuild through the portal" but I can't be positive.

If you take away the continuity argument, then there are hundreds of better coaches out there. That was the point we were trying to make. If he was going rebuild most of the team, then we might as well hired a coach with a better resume.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lolololol this is just great. it's like god is up in heaven just taking a huge dump on all of the loud mouth shit talkers who've been beating their chests and starting shit with fellow UT hoops fans who've had the audacity to react appropriately to bad news. the part that sucks is that those of us who've been reacting appropriately to said bad news are standing right next to all of these idiotic shit talkers and getting the diarrhea storm in top of our heads as well. are we allowed to be upset yet??????? 

Go outside 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Your sanctimonious posts look like really bad takes now, given yet another major piece of bad news. After such a long string of bad news, there is nothing wrong with people questioning whether Terry was a bad hire. There was a lot of bad news. And I say this as someone who was supportive of Strong, Herman, Mackovic, and Kaiser Bob for far too long. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d75gbkmb83tvou4o8qvg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

The Derka circle of talking shit while being incredulous about others shit talking is always something to observe 

I was thinking the same thing

Hes talking shit about fellow Texas fans because they talked shit about fellow Texas fans

Its like a snake eating its own tail 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

I don’t like being a roller coaster of emotion, it’s a long offseason and season. It’s silly to be reactionary to every single thing.

But it’s hard to expect others to be even keel with this one, especially when it’s less than a day after the good Abmas news. This is some Jekyll and Hyde shit.

not silly: reacting appropriately to bad news

incredibly silly: getting good news and immediately talking a bunch of shit to your fellow fans about they had been previously responding appropriately to all of the bad news.

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

The Derka circle of talking shit while being incredulous about others shit talking is always something to observe 

well let's see: Texas got a bunch of bad news over the last month, i was vocally bummed about said bad news, and i had a bunch of shit talked to me because of it. now here we are with yet even MORE bad news about the program, and suddenly the Great Fan Brigade who've been talking all that shit find themselves *gasp* bummed about the bad news. "something to observe" indeed.

27 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lolololol this is just great. it's like god is up in heaven just taking a huge dump on all of the loud mouth shit talkers who've been beating their chests and starting shit with fellow UT hoops fans who've had the audacity to react appropriately to bad news. the part that sucks is that those of us who've been reacting appropriately to said bad news are standing right next to all of these idiotic shit talkers and getting the diarrhea storm in top of our heads as well. are we allowed to be upset yet??????? 

Lol does this look like “just reacting appropriately to the bad news” to you????

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

A portal guy who has played well in college a couple years or more and grown up is a better one year rental than an aloof 5 star who gives you one year of pouting, attends zero classes, and already thinks he’s league ready

Maybe true, but the issue is that this head coach is failing at the strategy he has decided to pursue. So, if you are right, there are two failures: wrong strategy and failure to implement that strategy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Lol does this look like “just reacting appropriately to the bad news” to you????

am i responding to the ron holland news, or am i responding to the sanctimonious shit talking from so many if you over the last month (particularly last night)? it's extremely nuanced, i know, but marinate on it, im sure you'll figure it out. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

am i responding to the ron holland news, or am i responding to the sanctimonious shit talking from so many if you over the last month (particularly last night)? it's extremely nuanced, i know, but marinate on it, im sure you'll figure it out. 

So you’re just shit talking then. Agreed.

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Maybe true, but the issue is that this head coach is failing at the strategy he has decided to pursue. So, if you are right, there are two failures: wrong strategy and failure to implement that strategy. 

Yeah anyone who can't admit that RT is struggling mightily has their head in the sand. Abmas was an awesome get but a competent program builder wouldn't be suffering Ls left and right like this. NIL has supposedly been a strength before now and we're coming off a great year with tons of minutes available. No reason we should be losing on all these guys we want.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Weird that hank Hill didn’t have a problem with ut fans shit talking other ut fans till derka called them out today. Now it’s “go outside derka” and “he’s crazy”. Totally sane yesterday though when the same shit was happening. 

I’m calling him out on calling people out on it and then turning around and talking shit. I’m all for shit talking in general, it’s literally all I do on this board. Just own it.

18 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

NIL cannot be an excuse btw. how many of our millionaire former players publicly backed RT, and quite vocally at that? if those guys all demanded that RT be the coach then there's no way we can be losing out on players because of NIL. 

I mean I’ve asked on here to multiple big mouth posters to tell me what the identity of RT is. What is he telling recruits his philosophy is on offense or defense? I feel like he ran beards offense that donewald tweaked but he’s supposedly gone so now what? What offense did he run before? Coach K has run the 1-4 low set with shooters in the corners for years and all the big name guys have offense and defensive identities. I’d love to know because I have no clue.

28 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

What the fuck are you talking about? AJ and Holland were both committed before Terry was even named HC. And he's already landed a player easily better than both of them.

15 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Sigh. One month and two days since Texas basketball was in the Elite Eight.

Hope you miserables had at least a ray of sunshine hit your ass for a moment.

•reilly leaves

•donewald leaves

•brumbaugh leaves for gtown

•aj johnson decommits to go play in australia 

•dillon mitchell declared for the draft with no intentions of returning

•arterio morris announces he's transferring

that was the news dude. that's what's been going on with this program. people who love and support Texas Hoops and want Texas Hoops to do well having unhappy reactions to this news is totally and completely 100% natural. and yet there's this gang of you who want incessantly to talk shit to us over this, and refer to us as "the miserables".

for a month yall have talked shit, hitting your crescendo last night when, at the dawn of the first good news to hit the program since the season ended, Y'ALL once again decided to run your mouths and talk a bunch of shit and start fights with people. again, this was y'all's immediate reaction to good news! and we are the miserable ones? how do you figure?

and then today, the pièce de résistance- ron holland decommits, and all of a sudden the "good fans" are like, "ok well now it's ok to be upset." LOL. get fucked, all of you. you guys start ALL of the shit and then you whine about the shit being started. remind me, who's miserable again? 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, MotownHorn said:

I was thinking the same thing

Hes talking shit about fellow Texas fans because they talked shit about fellow Texas fans

Its like a snake eating its own tail 

go back to Detroit.

8 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I'm just naive enough to think my reaction to these negative events has no effect on them or any to come. So I'll wait to see who walks onto the court for the season's opening tip. 

Good Texas Fan has entered the chat

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Exactly. Freshmen aren't going to get you to final 4s. We've seen it over and over here how they aren't ready unless they're a generational freak like Durant. Rice was a huge part of the reason we almost got to the final 4. Guys who have learned how to play at this level from other schools are the better bet to fill out the roster. 

KD got us to a Final 4?

15 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I'm just naive enough to think my reaction to these negative events has no effect on them or any to come. So I'll wait to see who walks onto the court for the season's opening tip. 

Fuck it I'll play. I'm 6'2" 230. I have a pretty good shot, not much on running or jumping and get winded pretty quick but I bought a rowing machine and have been using it for 3 weeks. I never played in school but I was the leading scorer on my Little Dribblers team one year, of course that year was 1973 but beggars can't be choosers.

There is no place for that sort of pragmatism here. Please pick one end of the spectrum or the other, and then proceed with flinging shit at the end you don’t pick.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm certain that a band of sunshine pumpers with their heads up their own asses will be in here shortly to inform you that your memory is 100% wrong and that everything is going according to plan and that you're just a bad fan for not being happy about what's happening with this program. 

Literally nobody worth listening to is saying that. You’re on an abnormally weird crusade right now

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

go back to Detroit.

Bro, Motown means Morgantown, WV. How fucking STUPID are you to think it means Detroit??!?!? What an absolute MORON you are. I've never seen someone so dumb!

(How I never reacted to anyone thinking Motown = Detroit. Yet how others act like I reacted)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Obviously the retention issue is a problem, but are we not pursuing and landing transfers?