2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Amazed we haven’t made a deal for a bat when this offense is the main reason we’re not in first by 5-6 games.

Not that I wouldn't like to see a lefty bat added, but:

We haven't had Yordan and Altuve in a lineup together for like 70% of our games.

Dusty refuses to routinely use our far superior hitting catcher.

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Amazed we haven’t made a deal for a bat when this offense is the main reason we’re not in first by 5-6 games.

Maybe we could trade for a catcher who is good defensively with an OPS of 800 to replace our 545 OPS catcher who sucks defensively now?

Or trade for an every day CF with a 900 OPS we could just pencil in the lineup every day?

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

With the apparent loss of Loperfido and Gilbert, Tucker's asking price just went through the roof. Astros have to pay it. We still need another bullpen arm and a bat, but good trade deadline so far for the Astros.

You forget we're also trading Meyers and Montero for Soto. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Mets want both Drew Gilbert and Hunter Brown.  Astros have offered Gilbert (and maybe another lesser prospect).  I would be ok with Houston trading Gilbert if the Mets eat quite a bit of JV's salary, but giving up both Brown and Gilbert is a non-starter for just Verlander.

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Where did you get this nonsense?

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Mets better be paying a bunch of salary (like more than 50%) or this is a really tough pill to swallow when we could have just signed him. I bet they are. 
I had Gilbert like the 8th best trade chip in the organization and loperfido in the mid 20’s. 

Not only his entire salary, but send us money to trade for another bat. Holy fuck.