2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Zero clutch

Zero patience at the plate tonight 

Bregs ball was to the deepest pat od the field. 
Dude almost tied the game there.

a completely different game if that’s say 10 feet to the left or maybe 5 ft longer.

Outside of managerial ineptitude this was a close game and those hurt to lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pimphand said:

Unfortunately the canyon between Bochy & Baker came to bite us bad....

Last year we had the pitching to cope with Baker's ineptitude this year not so much.

Yesterday we did too. 2 runs in 9 innings against that lineup is top notch. It’s the fucking jackassery in the lineup that we lost. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I don’t doubt Altuve missed the bag on the DP because his base running blunders speak for themselves.  But why did they only show the camera shot from home plate?  Every close play on a steal of second has views from all around the base zoomed in where you can see every speck of dirt.  Yet this one only one view from a different area code.

Because every camera is focused on where the action is on a stolen base (at 2nd).

you aren’t going to get 8 cameras focused in on Altuve running around the bases 

Yesterday was raisin balls offense.

Nut cuttin time. Lose today and we got some major issues.

Need big swingin dick Yordan to show up. Need Tucker to wake the fuck up.

Need July 5th to fucking do something he hasn't done in 3 months.

Need Chas to stop looking like Jake Meyers.

Need Machete to pull a hamstring

hoping that the 2023 rangers are the 2018 astros.  when we won game 1 at fenway, i thought we would never lose again.  i know i've said that about 35x on this board, but it's true.

the bad news is yesterday was very common.  our offense falls asleep at some inopportune times against a worthy pitcher who's on the best streak of his career  (i said the same about montgomery before their game with tampa, he's on one right now).  for whatever reason, these games often happen at home. 

the good news is that this team has a very short memory.  we don't have momentum games (where 1 big win snowballs into a streak), but we also don't have hangover games (where 1 tough loss lingers and creates more losses).  it's happened all throughout the past several seasons, and it definitely happened after g3 of the world series last year.  shit, it happened against sonny gray a week ago.

just really sucks that we have a good defensive catcher who's also a great hitter, but has shown to be a shitty hitter when he's the dh or especially when he's a ph.  he needs to start at c or just not play, because having him come in cold is not the solution.  if maldonado is in, we need to be clicking on all cylinders offensively and i think we've seen this is not the case the past month or so with bregs, tucker, chas, and others.

• Hook 'Em 5