2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m pretty sure we intentionally hit him. and I’m ok with it and I think the “makes it harder for us to win” thing is really overblown. Their win percentage went from 95.2 to 96.3. It was basically a list cause any way you look at it. Introducing an element of chaos to the thing was probably helpful. 

Just curious on what you base your view concerning Abreu's intent. Simply a hunch based on how Garcia showboated on the HR? Or are you privy to other info? I'll hang up and listen. 

16 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Just curious on what you base your view concerning Abreu's intent. Simply a hunch based on how Garcia showboated on the HR? Or are you privy to other info? I'll hang up and listen. 

Hunch from following baseball for 4 decades. Texted my buddy who pitched here for 4 years and he said- no doubt in his mind 100% intentional. 

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i'll say it.  we hit him on purpose.  fuck it.  will that make everybody shut the fuck up about it?  i'll take full responsibility.  enough already.

getting hit is a part of baseball and has been for 1.5 centuries.  take your base.  take advantage of 2 on/no out + wild pitcher.  score some insurance runs.  win the game. 

or don't, i don't care.

We 100000% hit him on purpose. This shouldn't even be a debate, Abreu hit 3 batters all season. We did it, and predictably Garcia lost his shit and it cost the team the win.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

We 100000% hit him on purpose. This shouldn't even be a debate, Abreu hit 3 batters all season. We did it, and predictably Garcia lost his shit and it cost the team the win.

I just don’t see dusty losing his shot the way he did if he knew abreu was gonna hit him on purpose but maybe we did.

Edited by Rockethorn1978

7 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Who gives a shit anyway if it was intentional.  You get one free bite.

Do we want anyone in their bullpen suspended?

To keep them from getting bombed in LF by Altuve?

Edited by slorch

51 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Third series of the season next year, in Arlington.

First pitch, Altuve is either on his back or circling the bases.

probably the former

I'm promising Jon Singleton a giant bag of Doritos if he takes out any mofo who touches Altuve.

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m pretty sure we intentionally hit him. and I’m ok with it and I think the “makes it harder for us to win” thing is really overblown. Their win percentage went from 95.2 to 96.3. It was basically a list cause any way you look at it. Introducing an element of chaos to the thing was probably helpful. 

Your numbers indicate that hitting him lowered Houston's win probability by 23% (went from .048 to .037). It wasn't nothing.

1 hour ago, Jshep34 said:

Here's is one thing getting over looked, why hasn't garcia been suspended for grabbing the umpire? He deliberately put his hands on a umpire. Add in he was trying to fight. He should be suspended also. But as yall have said Manfred and powers to be in NYC. ..

and he pushed Maldonado

Edited by dr99
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Your numbers indicate that hitting him lowered Houston's win probability by 23% (went from .048 to .037). It wasn't nothing.

If you decided to retaliate in such a situation every time your franchise faced it you’d likely lose an extra game over the course of 3 or 4 decades. It’s not a big deal dude. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

You lose one out of every four comeback wins. In game 5 of an LCS that's dumb. 

That’s assuming that introducing an element of chaos to the situation doesn’t have some extra benefit to your side that makes a comeback more likely.  
Its one percent in actual numbers man. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

9 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I just don’t see dusty losing his shot the way he did if he knew abreu was gonna hit him on purpose but maybe we did.

Dusty lost his shit because 1) there was absolutely plausible deniability,  2) his background says hitters don't do that horseshit without repercussions, and 3) the crew made assumptions and acted as if those assumptions were absolute.

And if he didn't get tossed then, the Leclerc pitch at Dubon would have sent him over the edge.

It's amazing how the Astros don't have trouble with other squads except shitbag Texas or the fucking Mariners.  Teams think they have to punch the bully and they assume the Astros are just gonna smile and take it.  Ooooops.   You grossly miscalculated bitches. 

Edited by slorch

9 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I always thought putting your hands on an ump was a guaranteed suspension.  This is some bullshit.

Not if it helps Houston...

One dude out there was looking to fight AND put his hands on the ump.

fucking crickets.  Protect the bitchass fucking losers.  Hey MLB, you get to keep enduring the Houston  era, motherfuckers.

Manfred:

giphy.gif

Edited by slorch

As has been said, the game/series situation makes it extremely unlikely , to anyone who knows baseball, that it was intentional. Unfortunately, the people making the decisions for MLB are not ex-players or ex-coaches but a bunch of fucking lawyers. 

Edited by TonyTexas

7 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

As has been said, the game/series situation makes it extremely unlikely , to anyone who knows baseball, that it was intentional. Unfortunately, the people making the decisions for MLB are not ex-players or ex-coaches but a bunch of fucking lawyers. 

By lawyers in this particular case, you mean a bunch of pricks meting out decisions based upon bias and massive inferiority complexes.