45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, G650 said:

Most engineers I know aren't necessarily conservative, but rather have a very low social IQ

Yup.  I’m an engineer and don’t do great with people.  I am better than most other engineers at it though.  So I get to handle clients, public presentations, expert testimony, etc…

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Abigail Shry, of Alvin.

Conjures this:

b7018a3ce56c6b48efb24ea8602d1e105157895c

The complaint charges Shry with one count of transmitting a threat to injure another person – a felony that carries a maximum prison term of up to five years. According to the complaint, although Shry admitted to making the call she denied any plans to travel to D.C. or Houston to carry out anything she stated, “adding that if Sheila Jackson Lee comes to Alvin, then we need to worry.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/texas-woman-charged-with-threatening-to-kill-judge-overseeing-trump-case-democrat-congresswoman/ar-AA1fmMdu

The actual Abigail:

SHRY, ABIGAIL JO | 2022-09-10 Brazoria County, Texas Booking

She seems to have quite a record of being a drunken fuckup all along SE Texas.

When did Alvin move to Collin County?

• Haha 1

Well, I didn’t say or mean any such thing.  What started as a mild jest with Twice led me to wonder why most engineers are politically conservative.  You and I presumably being engineers, what is your take on engineers and conservatism?   Is it just the white male in us?   Or, is it your experience most engineers are libs?

giphy.gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

Yup.  I’m an engineer and don’t do great with people.  I am better than most other engineers at it though.  So I get to handle clients, public presentations, expert testimony, etc…

Do you use the word "Delta" instead of "change" or "difference" in ordinary conversation?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

11 minutes ago, Satchel said:

"“I’ve always believed it when God says he will make your name great, but this is not the way it was supposed to be,” Freeman said."

lol, this is exactly how it's supposed to be: you cheat and lie, and you get caught, and you get indicted

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

indict him 4 times or 10 or 45 times, he ALWAYS wiggles out of it.  Can't find 12-0 anywhere, sympathizer will exist anywhere.  Let's face reality -- Covid KO'd Trump in 2020 and the Inflation monster will KO Biden , not to mention the absolute idiocy of liberals to rarely defend him - in the manner they always defended Obama.  America survived 2017-20 and will survive 2025-2028. 

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Abigail Shry, of Alvin.

Conjures this:

b7018a3ce56c6b48efb24ea8602d1e105157895c

The complaint charges Shry with one count of transmitting a threat to injure another person – a felony that carries a maximum prison term of up to five years. According to the complaint, although Shry admitted to making the call she denied any plans to travel to D.C. or Houston to carry out anything she stated, “adding that if Sheila Jackson Lee comes to Alvin, then we need to worry.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/texas-woman-charged-with-threatening-to-kill-judge-overseeing-trump-case-democrat-congresswoman/ar-AA1fmMdu

The actual Abigail:

SHRY, ABIGAIL JO | 2022-09-10 Brazoria County, Texas Booking

She seems to have quite a record of being a drunken fuckup all along SE Texas.

Funniest (not funniest) part of that article.

According to the complaint, although Shry admitted to making the call she denied any plans to travel to D.C. or Houston to carry out anything she stated, “adding that if Sheila Jackson Lee comes to Alvin, then we need to worry.”

Apparently she’s gonna try that in a small town.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

indict him 4 times or 10 or 45 times, he ALWAYS wiggles out of it.  Can't find 12-0 anywhere, sympathizer will exist anywhere.  Let's face reality -- Covid KO'd Trump in 2020 and the Inflation monster will KO Biden , not to mention the absolute idiocy of liberals to rarely defend him - in the manner they always defended Obama.  America survived 2017-20 and will survive 2025-2028. 

Paging @Rimbo please pick up the white courtesy phone….

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e471vpat8mpqrm9k9dgm5

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

Go get some Taco bell and let the adults continue the discussion.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Bc that’s what what they are. 1/3
Next person who says “half” is getting a neg 

Counterpoint: when he WON in 2016, he had an approval rating of 34%.

Today…his approval rating is 1% HIGHER, at 35%. It ain’t about who likes him. It’s about who shows up and votes, and who doesn’t.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Written like someone who doesn't ever ask their family if they want him to pick up hamberders on the way home.

"Sir, would you like to super size your covfefe hamberder?"

Edited by TeeDubya

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Today…his approval rating is 1% HIGHER, at 35%. It ain’t about who likes him. It’s about who shows up and votes, and who doesn’t.

That’s not what I said. When people say “50% of the country supports him” they don’t. It’s 30%. It’s always been. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes but his opponent in 2016 had an approval rating of 33%

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nbmishoid said:

Well, thinking back to pre retirement gets harder, but I conjecture that many engineers are taught an exclusively instrumental mind set.  Manipulate the physical world for “benefit”.   Benefit that equals dollars and the math gets easy.  Leave people and the world at large out of your mindset. What do you get?

Sure, I wish we could stuff an ethics course in there.  But advisory committees get told the undergrads are maxed on required hours (128 or 130, can’t recall).   No one can agree on what to take away.  

Our pedagogy and our commercial culture manufacture the engineers we get.  We could do better.

So, are you telling me the engineers don't really believe in religion, but pretend to because it's measurably beneficial to do so? 

Edited by Slacks
Typo

31 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:
57 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Go get some Taco bell and let the adults continue the discussion.

you know he's gonna win right?

• Fuck You 9

47 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Paging @Rimbo please pick up the white courtesy phone….

Ah, thanks, I just kinda ... skimmed right on past it. You know how when you pass a cockroach on your evening walk, you don't even see it, most of the time? You just keep on walkin' by...

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

you know he's gonna win right?

happy show GIF

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Yes but his opponent in 2016 had an approval rating of 33%

And between the two of them, a 20-year low turnout.

You have to think that while these indictments are keeping Trump's base energized, they're also keeping us energized to reproduce the 2020 turnout.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, Satchel said:

Side note. The question asked on this morning’s Washington Journal on C-SPAN was should we look to the POTUS for moral leadership. The answers by and large were disappointing, if not surprising. The MAGAs didn’t think much of the idea.

I don't think we should look to the President for moral leadership. I think the President (and all elected officials) should support, and to an extent, reflect the morals (and ideas and whatever other personal beliefs) of the constituency, with a lean to the voting constiuency

We should look AT the morals of elected officials and decide if we want to be represented by them (including their morals) or not. 

Homeboy was there for a reason. Enough people in enough states looked and said, "Yes," or "Whatever" for him to get there and then feel like he can get enough people behind him to the point where he has a shot at becoming whatever it is he wants to become. 

And he might... Because enough people are looking at him and saying "Yes" to his morals. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Only 18,586 people voted for Trump in DC, good luck finding them

As for inflation it is definitely trending down enough to be forgotten 16 months from now.

image.png.72f1a6a123772cce838dafe21e7e8cb5.png

Edited by linux
  • Hook 'Em 1

Still a fascinating statistic after all these decades.  Last time a Democratic Presidential nominee won a general election and took office for a previous Democratic President who left office of their own volition (left before 2-term limit deal was an issue or just decided not to run again, does not include death in office or assassination) was Buchanan after Pierce.  Curiously, both one-term presidents.  And that occurred, by the time of the next inauguration, 164 years ago.  

I honestly don't know if Trump will be dead, or unavailable to run, if another GOP nominee will win, if y'all's party will somebody else forward over an aging Biden, or if Biden himself will win a well-deserved second term.

But our history of Presidents is much more curious than most people realize.  But what I do know is that very, very soon...Donald Trump...the 45th President of the United States.  And perhaps the 47th (hopefully not, but history is a mad scientist).  He is going to die.  And for the first and only occurrence in every single lifetime of every poster on here...we will witness the celebration of a fallen President.  We all watched Presidents get voted out, impeached, even shot.  But we all rallied and wished them well because they were public servants, public leaders, public disciples.  But we get to watch Donald Trump die.  We get to celebrate it.  We get to watch the world embrace it.  We get to see his moronic followers weep over his casket in the Capitol while we wind them up to murder one another at the post-game tailgate.  We get to see, for the first time in the history of our Republic, the dead body of our former Head of State, literally get pissed on.  That is not nothing.  We have buried controversial presidents, mourned those that died in office, or went to the other side after passing in old age despite controversy and tumult.  But this guy is going out soon and we get to watch 24/7 coverage of the world celebrating his death and his confused acolytes seeking meaning in a time of great despair.  I get to laugh at tens of millions of stupid people in real time and show my children what true evil looks like with visual aids.  Enjoy it folks, because god willing-it will never, ever happen again in our lifetime.

Many of the world's worst despots have had their graves unmarked, moved, or destroyed so that they would not serve as rallying points for extremist movements.  We may actually get to shit on America's shittiest President.  Yeah, few of us gonna get arrested.  But think about that.  We get to debase the grave of our worst American, who somehow led us.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Still a fascinating statistic after all these decades.  Last time a Democratic Presidential nominee won a general election and took office for a previous Democratic President who left office of their own volition (left before 2-term limit deal was an issue or just decided not to run again, does not include death in office or assassination) was Buchanan after Pierce.  Curiously, both one-term presidents.  And that occurred, by the time of the next inauguration, 164 years ago.  

I honestly don't know if Trump will be dead, or unavailable to run, if another GOP nominee will win, if y'all's party will somebody else forward over an aging Biden, or if Biden himself will win a well-deserved second term.

But our history of Presidents is much more curious than most people realize.  But what I do know is that very, very soon...Donald Trump...the 45th President of the United States.  And perhaps the 47th (hopefully not, but history is a mad scientist).  He is going to die.  And for the first and only occurrence in every single lifetime of every poster on here...we will witness the celebration of a fallen President.  We all watched Presidents get voted out, impeached, even shot.  But we all rallied and wished them well because they were public servants, public leaders, public disciples.  But we get to watch Donald Trump die.  We get to celebrate it.  We get to watch the world embrace it.  We get to see his moronic followers weep over his casket in the Capitol while we wind them up to murder one another at the post-game tailgate.  We get to see, for the first time in the history of our Republic, the dead body of our former Head of State, literally get pissed on.  That is not nothing.  We have buried controversial presidents, mourned those that died in office, or went to the other side after passing in old age despite controversy and tumult.  But this guy is going out soon and we get to watch 24/7 coverage of the world celebrating his death and his confused acolytes seeking meaning in a time of great despair.  I get to laugh at tens of millions of stupid people in real time and show my children what true evil looks like with visual aids.  Enjoy it folks, because god willing-it will never, ever happen again in our lifetime.

Many of the world's worst despots have had their graves unmarked, moved, or destroyed so that they would not serve as rallying points for extremist movements.  We may actually get to shit on America's shittiest President.  Yeah, few of us gonna get arrested.  But think about that.  We get to debase the grave of our worst American, who somehow led us.  

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that all of us will make it. 

Damnit @YGIFS you've got to be more succinct.
  • Haha 3

99.5% of this board will make it to his death and the celebration.  The only thing you need concern yourself with is that, yes...we will probably lose a few hundred posters (myself included) to the debauchery of celebration that will ensue.  I don't know how to do that Keith Richards thing where you pack your own blood to have on hand in case you party too hard.  But I would suggest we all familiarize ourselves with the platform.  

I remember my father remarking that Jimmy Carter leaving office in 1981 when I was a small boy was honorable and that he was a good man.  He told me about despite not liking him, weeping on a U.S. Navy ship after Kennedy was murdered in '63.  Our whole household was in shock and prayer mode when Reagan was shot.  My grand-uncle was an assistant secretary in the cabinet of Nixon & Ford and accompanied both of their motorcades when they left office out of patriotic pride.  

When Trump goes from this Earth...none of that decorum or tradition will matter.  I will snort lightning and inject thunder.  We will all make it because it's what God wants.  This miserable piece of shit isn't sent by the Lord our God to redeem us.  He was sent here to remind us we need to be better.  He's a Messianic test alright, but not the one his disciples think.  He exists as a harbinger. A reminder not to be a walking glob of immoral shit.  And he'll be gone.  We all will be.  But his will the most celebrated decay of flesh.  We'll write poems and songs and movies about how we enjoyed his demise.   Only challenge isn't the artistry, but how many followers we can get to go out with him.  Let us astonish Jim Jones and Charles Darwin alike.  My grandchildren will toast to what we do in this country in the next couple of years.  Let's make it a noble one...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

99.5% of this board will make it to his death and the celebration.  The only thing you need concern yourself with is that, yes...we will probably lose a few hundred posters (myself included) to the debauchery of celebration that will ensue.  I don't know how to do that Keith Richards thing where you pack your own blood to have on hand in case you party too hard.  But I would suggest we all familiarize ourselves with the platform.  
I remember my father remarking that Jimmy Carter leaving office in 1981 when I was a small boy was honorable and that he was a good man.  He told me about despite not liking him, weeping on a U.S. Navy ship after Kennedy was murdered in '63.  Our whole household was in shock and prayer mode when Reagan was shot.  My grand-uncle was an assistant secretary in the cabinet of Nixon & Ford and accompanied both of their motorcades when they left office out of patriotic pride.  
When Trump goes from this Earth...none of that decorum or tradition will matter.  I will snort lightning and inject thunder.  We will all make it because it's what God wants.  This miserable piece of shit isn't sent by the Lord our God to redeem us.  He was sent here to remind us we need to be better.  He's a Messianic test alright, but not the one his disciples think.  He exists as a harbinger. A reminder not to be a walking glob of immoral shit.  And he'll be gone.  We all will be.  But his will the most celebrated decay of flesh.  We'll write poems and songs and movies about how we enjoyed his demise.   Only challenge isn't the artistry, but how many followers we can get to go out with him.  Let us astonish Jim Jones and Charles Darwin alike.  My grandchildren will toast to what we do in this country in the next couple of years.  Let's make it a noble one...
Damnit @YGIFS you've got to paraphrase.

• Haha 5