45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

35 minutes ago, Woland said:

Someone needs to start fundraising for the Trump Un-Presidential Library. The architect needs to plan ample room for the Legal Proceedings Wing… maybe name the wing after Giuliani.

the entire family is banned fund raising in the state of Ny ?

9 hours ago, Red Five said:

"Legally prohibited from running a charity because he has previously been caught stealing from them." 

There's just too much to fit in there. 

Wait. Waaaaait. Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait.

Trump... is Ketch?

It would explain so much, really.

Has anyone ever seen Ketch and Trump in the same room, at the same time?

I'm very suspicious.

image.gif.87ab772a764ec46d4e6c8284d2f67313.gif

On 7/19/2023 at 9:28 AM, Brisketexan said:

The bolded.  Times 10,000.  This is a cousin of all the "sovereign citizen" idiot types, who walk into a court room, and tell the judge that they are not a person, they are a man, and he does not create joinder with the admiralty court with gold fringe on the flag and whatnot.  They think they're uniquely clever, and have figured out a loophole that lets them opt out of 250 years of American law and history, because they are smarter than anyone who has ever lived.

But in the end, they're all just different versions of this....a video that warms my fucking heart every goddamned time I see it....

Took me a minute.

e07d8bcc-72d6-439c-9e88-170ec70c48b4_tex

Different but related clip:

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, miguelito said:

50% serious question:

How will they decide what jail to put him in?  Would it be a rotation between NY, FLA, DC, Gitmo?

I don't see him being imprisoned, unfortunately. But if it somehow happens, I would think he'd get a whole floor/wing/block to himself and his secret service detail. So whichever federal prison could accommodate that would get him. 

• Rage+1 2

47 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I don't see him being imprisoned, unfortunately. But if it somehow happens, I would think he'd get a whole floor/wing/block to himself and his secret service detail. So whichever federal prison could accommodate that would get him. 

With a special prison diet consisting solely of McDonald’s hamburders.  

IOW, a death sentence.

https://www.threads.net/t/Cu7duV0uL0o/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==
The target letter sent to Trump on Sunday contained a surprise: a likely indictment under Section 241, first enacted right after the Civil War. I unpack that law in today’s piece and show why Trump should be very concerned. open.substack.com/pub/s…

From the article:

“It is difficult for me to think of another president in modern time who has literally driven a national scheme to disenfranchise Black voters and other voters of color en masse, in the way that we see with these post-election lawsuits,” said Kristen Clarke, president and executive director of the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law during the aftermath of the November 2020 elections.

Happens to now be the head of civil rights for DOJ.

Maybe the orange shithead will get lynched.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 2

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

https://www.threads.net/t/Cu7duV0uL0o/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

The target letter sent to Trump on Sunday contained a surprise: a likely indictment under Section 241, first enacted right after the Civil War. I unpack that law in today’s piece and show why Trump should be very concerned. open.substack.com/pub/s…

I really don't see the point of a lawyer doing an analysis of precedents any because precedents seems to not matter much in the end any more.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I really don't see the point of a lawyer doing an analysis of precedents any because precedents seems to not matter much in the end any more.

Precedents don't matter, sometimes, at the Supreme Court.  Most everywhere else, they do.  Ninety-nine percent of cases don't make it to the Supreme Court.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, The Dog said:

NBC News confirms: Rudy Giuliani met with attorneys for Special Counsel Jack Smith's team for two mornings earlier this year at the Special Counsel's request in New York City. @MSNBC

Heeyy Donnie - yer lawyer is ratting on yer ass!

That's been a really odd thing about Trump - given how fast he'll sell out people close to him, how fast he'll trash them, how he's stiffed various people for bills over the years, and just how much he projects - you'd think he'd be suspicious of the people around him turning state's evidence on him, since he would do it on them.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

a1a2f00c-a45f-4bc0-bb20-942edd28c583_tex

Actually, one.  Speaking here of course where Trump is a party and/or it closely pertains to his personal affairs.  The Mazars case gave him a bit of wiggle room against Congressional subpoenas.  And, that's an issue that's important to the office of the president, regardless of who sits in it, so a bit unusual for a Trump case.

The rest are like everyone and everything else:  cert. denied.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Trial set for May per radio.

In Florida?  Kinda love that.  The primary will be over, and if they're smart, Christie/Rhonda/etc. will get to spend 6 months going after him for it, them the convention will be in July.  They'll be stuck with Trump at that point and it will cast a shadow over their convention 2 months later. 

Edited by Js1
  • Haha 1

That seems long enough to help Trump but not egregious enough to get bench slapped by the 11th. 

And while I hate to give her credit for any move other than pure protect Trump, at some level she has to realize if she agreed with a date close to what Jack Smith wanted Trump and his goons would be after her and her staff. So she is in a pickle.

She also knows nothing about the issues, has no experience, and so likely needs a bunch of time to figure stuff out.  She needs her assisting Trump to pass appellate muster and not get her recused, and has to do a better job figuring out how to help him than her last efforts. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I've said it for a year, just like Judge Kavenaugh at his Senate conformation hearings.  This whole thing will come down to calendars.  These big, beautiful calendars. 

They can begin in Georgia later this year into very early 2024.  Where they put January 6th though is anyone's guess.  Probably the last of the big 4.  I forget he's already had two just earlier this year.  But Georgia is the one that's probably the most "good-to-go" in that it doesn't require a lot of hurdles around classified materials and dozens of witnesses.  But he's got to navigate the three consecutive ones plus J6.  Georgia could conceivably run parallel to Manhattan's case as well.  But early debate season should be pretty quiet (August-November), but he'll fuck it up and not show up to any of them even though that's one of his few strong suits (I mean he's a joke of a fact based orator, but he does tend to mop the floor with the emotions of everyone else up there with him).  But then the four cases come along for all of 2024's campaign season.  Debates, primaries, grifts-I mean-rallies & fundraisers, and the convention.  Nobody, even with their own plane, can keep that up at his age and weight with all that stress looming over him.  He thinks he's invincible but his body won't be.  It's gonna take a serious toll on him basically from Nov 2023 to Nov 2024.  I think he dies.  Even if he doesn't, even with all the voter suppression they can muster, his ceiling is 75mm votes...more likely 65-70mm.  They're already focusing on voter obstacles in the wrong states.  

When the RNC reveals the final schedule of primaries.  We need a spreadsheet to lay on top of that with 4 columns with the key dates in the 4 trials.  Plus a column for the debates.  Then the Trump rallies/official MAGA events column.  And some others TBD.

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

J6 is the one where the most damaging info is going to come out of.  That one definitely needs to happen before the election.

I don’t think anything coming from that one will be particularly damaging short of incarceration.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

There's gonna be some absolutely vile text messages and emails that come out during that trial.

And a lot of people, particularly elected officials inside both the GOP Senate and House caucuses, are going to be named in those texts and emails.

Looking at you, Marge, Hawley, etc.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

He thinks he's invincible but his body won't be.  It's gonna take a serious toll on him basically from Nov 2023 to Nov 2024.  I think he dies. 

What physical derailment has Trump suffered in his entire life? Serious question. He's a fat tub of shit, but is there any record of him requiring a non-elective surgery or having any even remotely strenuous ailment? Him catching Covid-19 while POTUS may have been the sickest he's been in his entire life.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And a lot of people, particularly elected officials inside both the GOP Senate and House caucuses, are going to be named in those texts and emails.

Looking at you, Marge, Hawley, etc.

It's going to glorious watching them squirm and people need to reminded before November that it wasn't a peaceful rally and that team Trump was actively working to overthrow the government and it got people killed.

Edited by kevwun

9 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It's going to glorious watching them squirm and people need to reminded before November that it wasn't a peaceful rally and that team Trump was actively working to overthrow the government and it got people killed.

Half the country won't care.

• Rage+1 5

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Interesting take - this could be more about logistics than anything else.

As someone who regularly works with courts on scheduling matters, and dealing with conflicting scheduling obligations (my clients may not have multiple trial dates next year, but I, their lead counsel, sure do), that approach is not surprising.  Yes, we may have a preferred window...say, March.  But there's a hard conflict.  And January is going to be too early, based on the anticipated schedule.  And we have to allow cushion for the March trial to run long.  So, we set the next trial in May.

28 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

Half the country won't care.

Correct.

28 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

everyone thinks they are untouchable right up until the time they aren't. 

Also, sometimes the clock runs out so a person ends up never facing any consequences.  Karma does NOT always come through.  Some terrible people walk through their entire lives without ever having to face the music.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

J6 is the one where the most damaging info is going to come out of.  That one definitely needs to happen before the election.

As if there is anything - literally and truly anything at all - that will change a mind that has already been made up for a Trump voter.

Maybe there are still a few dozen people that are looking to be persuaded. The other tens of millions might as well vote tomorrow for as much as anything matters.
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As someone who regularly works with courts on scheduling matters, and dealing with conflicting scheduling obligations (my clients may not have multiple trial dates next year, but I, their lead counsel, sure do), that approach is not surprising.  Yes, we may have a preferred window...say, March.  But there's a hard conflict.  And January is going to be too early, based on the anticipated schedule.  And we have to allow cushion for the March trial to run long.  So, we set the next trial in May.

Correct.

Also, sometimes the clock runs out so a person ends up never facing any consequences.  Karma does NOT always come through.  Some terrible people walk through their entire lives without ever having to face the music.

who gives a shit if half the country cares or not. this is about justice not anything else.

i cant think of anyone who has ever walked through life without any consequence. life is brutal. and generally, karma is a bitch. it may not happen when you or i want it to but very rarely does it miss someone who deserves it. i cant think of any truly horrible person that didnt end up getting fucked 15 different ways by Karma. he will get his and it will be glorious to watch. he aint special. he doesnt have any magic. hell, the dude has had karma shit all over him in just about every endeavor he has ever been involved in. he just covers it up and pretends like the shit sandwiches he has been forced to eat over and over again were really caviar. but nah, he isnt a unicorn. he is just a rich white dude who has been afforded every advantage thus far. well that all stopped when he got indicted in NY and then in FL and now he is about to find out in GA and DC. the dude is fucked and he is going to fucking pay for all the absolutely stupid shit he has done. and im going to be laughing the entire time. he is responsible for millions of deaths worldwide (including my brother and my mother-in-law) and i will be cheering at his.

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

who gives a shit if half the country cares or not. this is about justice not anything else.

i cant think of anyone who has ever walked through life without any consequence. life is brutal. and generally, karma is a bitch. it may not happen when you or i want it to but very rarely does it miss someone who deserves it. i cant think of any truly horrible person that didnt end up getting fucked 15 different ways by Karma. he will get his and it will be glorious to watch. he aint special. he doesnt have any magic. hell, the dude has had karma shit all over him in just about every endeavor he has ever been involved in. he just covers it up and pretends like the shit sandwiches he has been forced to eat over and over again were really caviar. but nah, he isnt a unicorn. he is just a rich white dude who has been afforded every advantage thus far. well that all stopped when he got indicted in NY and then in FL and now he is about to find out in GA and DC. the dude is fucked and he is going to fucking pay for all the absolutely stupid shit he has done. and im going to be laughing the entire time. he is responsible for millions of deaths worldwide and i will be cheering at his.

Your lips to karma's ears. George W caused the deaths of a massive amount of people, and he seems to be doing just fine.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

i cant think of any truly horrible person that didnt end up getting fucked 15 different ways by Karma.

Huh.  Maybe I've just had the misfortune of knowing a lot of awful human beings.  And I have.  And I'm guessing you'd be surprised by how many of them never really had to face any significant consequences.  They were born assholes, lived as assholes, and died as assholes, and life never dealt them any unusually bad consequences.  They still had their money, social standing, etc.  I've just seen too many people get through this life being shitty with minimal consequences to count on karma settling the score.

Kind of like I've also known some really good and decent people who just can't seem to catch a break.  Plenty of good people get shit on by the universe, as right next to them, a shitty person skates on by.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Restless Native said:

Your lips to karma's ears. George W caused the deaths of a massive amount of people, and he seems to be doing just fine.

that is a whole different 100+ page conversation. Im not sure how to rectify Texas Governor Bush with Prez W but I would lay most of the above on Dick Cheney and his merry band of dipshits. and then down the rabbit hole we go....

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Huh.  Maybe I've just had the misfortune of knowing a lot of awful human beings.  And I have.  And I'm guessing you'd be surprised by how many of them never really had to face any significant consequences.  They were born assholes, lived as assholes, and died as assholes, and life never dealt them any unusually bad consequences.  They still had their money, social standing, etc.  I've just seen too many people get through this life being shitty with minimal consequences to count on karma settling the score.

Kind of like I've also known some really good and decent people who just can't seem to catch a break.  Plenty of good people get shit on by the universe, as right next to them, a shitty person skates on by.

i hear you and mostly agree with you as that applies to everyday people who are just shitty. life is often random and unkind. but i thought we were talking about truly horrific people like Trump.

12 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Every little bit helps when it comes to Trump voters.

Does it, tho?

Even a video showing Trump raping a 10-year-old boy while whispering the nuclear codes into Putin's ear wouldn't change their minds.  They'd all say that's nothing compared to what's on Hunter's laptop and Hillary's email server.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated