45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, on the one hand it sounds damming to Trump to say you've got 1mm pages of documents for discovery.  But it also sounds like perfect ammo for continued delays, "We can't possibly be expected to go through all of this, your honor, in just 15-18 months.  

1 hour ago, Brandywine said:

That Cannon woman is playing the Trump game. Don’t move it to after the election - yet. Just move those decisions to January/Feb and then we’ll decide. Step by step. She should be removed, period. And now, before all of this gets totally out of hand. 

The Trump faction plans to delay until close enough to the election that they can flood the zone with shit, win the election by any means necessary even if the trial is under way, and then to fire as many people as it takes at DOJ and issue pardons.
My guess is that they will succeed with the first part of the plan and the legal system will let them. Either way, the voters are going to have to solve the problem and  there's a strong possibility political violence that will follow.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

The Trump faction plans to delay until close enough to the election that they can flood the zone with shit, win the election by any means necessary even if the trial is under way, and then to fire as many people as it takes at DOJ and issue pardons.
My guess is that they will succeed with the first part of the plan and the legal system will let them. Either way, the voters are going to have to solve the problem and  there's a strong possibility political violence that will follow.

Brisket has taken over Bozo's account...and I like it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Either way, the voters are going to have to solve the problem and  there's a strong possibility political violence that will follow.

On a completely unrelated note, punching 30 holes in a paper target with your semi automatic rifle - or 17 holes with your 9mm handgun - is a fun recreational activity for the whole family.  I urge those on the left to purchase weapons and ammunition and get in on the range fun that many on the right now enjoy. Just don’t talk politics. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

On a completely unrelated note, punching 30 holes in a paper target with your semi automatic rifle - or 17 holes with your 9mm handgun - is a fun recreational activity for the whole family.  I urge those on the left to purchase weapons and ammunition and get in on the range fun that many on the right now enjoy. Just don’t talk politics. 

I've said this to Brisket a few times: I hope for the best and I'm buying green tips*. 

*to be clear, this is a joke. I also buy M193s. Don't want overpenetration

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I've said this to Brisket a few times: I hope for the best and I'm buying green tips*. 

*to be clear, this is a joke. I also buy M193s. Don't want overpenetration

And you know I don’t bother with hope. But I HAVE advised several liberals and Jewish people on their first firearm purchase in the past several years. Because the MAGAs make it clear they can’t wait to use their weapons against the rest of us…I’m almost looking forward to the surprised look on the face of an armed MAGA terrorist, right beneath the bullet hole put there by someone they ambushed in a car with a “visualize world peace” bumper sticker.

6CE366BE-6F22-48DA-9A0F-011FFDE39243.thumb.jpeg.755988b31b1e8e5aa2f6d685c93c4765.jpeg

Keshawn Maddock, Kathy Berden, Marian Sheridan, Kent Vanderwood, Stanely Grot, Amy Facchinello, Michele Lundgren, Clifford Frost, Rose Rook and Hank Choate.

CNN — 

State prosecutors in Michigan announced criminal charges Tuesday against the 16 Republicans who served as fake electors in 2020, a watershed moment in the still-ongoing federal and state investigations into the 2020 election aftermath. 

Some of the GOP electors in Michigan were local activists who were recruited to serve as “fake electors,” all while inaccurately believing there was still a chance that then-President Donald Trump might secure a second consecutive term. Others were well-connected GOP operatives. The group of 16 fake electors includes current and former state GOP officials, a Republican National Committee member, a sitting mayor, a school board member and Trump supporters who were the plaintiffs in a frivolous lawsuit that tried to overturn the 2020 results.

After the 2020 election wrapped up, some of these individuals publicly said they didn’t realize they were potentially breaking the law by signing the fake certificates. Others are still peddling the lie that the election was stolen. CNN has reached out to the 16 fake electors for comment about the criminal charges.

Here’s what we know about the 16 fake electors facing state charges.

Meshawn Maddock, 55, was co-chair of the Michigan Republican Party during the 2020 campaign and is married to a GOP member of the Michigan House of Representatives. CNN previously reported that she publicly bragged about the Trump campaign’s involvement in the fake elector scheme. The Maddocks spoke at a pro-Trump event in Washington, DC, one day before the insurrection on January 6, 2021, and Meshawn Maddock was in DC on the day of the attack, though she wasn’t at the US Capitol. 

Kathy Berden, 70, is one of the Republican National Committee members representing Michigan. She was previously one of the pro-Trump delegates at the Republican National Convention in summer 2016. 

Marian Sheridan, 69, is the grassroots vice chairwoman of the Michigan Republican Party. She was also one of the plaintiffs in a frivolous lawsuit that tried to overturn the results of the 2020 election in Michigan.

Kent Vanderwood, 69, is the current mayorof Wyoming, Michigan, a small city near Grand Rapids. He was previously a longtime member of the Wyoming City Council and won the mayor’s race last year. During the 2020 campaign, he was chair of the 2nd District Republican Party, according to local press reports.

Stanley Grot, 71, is the Shelby Township clerk, in a small western Michigan town. He was appointed in 2012. 

Amy Facchinello, 55, was elected in 2020 as a member of the school board in Grand Blanc, which is a suburb of Flint, Michigan. She was previously vice chairwoman of the Genesee County Republican Party. CNN previously reported that she has repeatedly promoted QAnon-related material on her social media accounts. 

Mary-Ann Henry, 65, is the treasurer of the 7th Congressional District Republican Committee, according to its website. The district includes Michigan’s capital city of Lansing and several surrounding counties. 

Michele Lundgren, 73, was the Republican nominee in 2022 for a Detroit-based seat in the Michigan House of Representatives, but lost the heavily Democratic district in a landslide. Regarding the fake electors plot, she told CNN last year, “We were called on the phone, asked if we’d come and support President Trump and sign something, and we all went to Lansing. … We were just told to show up and sign this paper. If we had any information about it being untoward or illegal, we would not have done it.” 

Clifford Frost, 75, is a realtor who unsuccessfully ran for the Macomb County Board of Commissioners last year. He was a GOP poll-watcher in Detroit during the 2020 primary, according to the Detroit Free Press. In recent days, he has shared pro-Trump conspiracy theories about alleged voter fraud on social media.

John Haggard, 82, was one of the plaintiffs in a frivolous lawsuit that tried to overturn the 2020 results in Michigan. The lawsuit was dismissed and the lawyers who brought it were sanctioned by a judge. He served as a legitimate Trump elector from Michigan in 2016, when Trump narrowly won the state. 

Timothy King, 56, was also one of the plaintiffs in a frivolous lawsuit that tried to overturn the 2020 results in Michigan. The lawsuit was dismissed and the lawyers who brought it were sanctioned by a judge. 

Rose Rook, 81, is a member of the executive committee of the Van Buren County Republicans, according to its website. 

Mayra Rodriguez, 64, is a lawyer who is facing potential disciplinary proceedings with the Attorney Discipline Board, stemming from her participation in the fake electors plot, according to the Detroit Free Press. 

Hank Choate, 72, is a dairy farmer who met with Trump during a White House event about agriculture in April 2017. The event was also attended by then-Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue. 

Ken Thompson, 68 was brought in to replace one of the original GOP electors that was recruited to serve before the 2020 election. A Michigan GOP official testified to the House select committee that investigated January 6, 2021, that Thompson replaced an original elector who was “uncomfortable with the whole thing” and refused to participate. 

James Renner, 76, was also brought in later in the process to replace one of the original GOP electors. He is from Lansing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ms. Maddock, 55 - “she publicly bragged about the Trump campaign’s involvement in the fake elector scheme. The Maddocks spoke at a pro-Trump event in Washington, DC, one day before the insurrection on January 6, 2021”

55 year old Karen with good info.  14 years in prison to an 81 year old is a short death sentence, but 14 years to her is her hubs divorcing her for the younger staff member - with a future leaving prison fat, broke and old.   

She is my flip first guess. 

Edit: I take it back.  She is too delusional and stupid to flip.

In June 2021, Maddock called for Michigan to secede from the United States, saying the secession is "to escape Michigan Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's tyrannical rule."

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Michele Lundgren, 73, was the Republican nominee in 2022 for a Detroit-based seat in the Michigan House of Representatives, but lost the heavily Democratic district in a landslide. Regarding the fake electors plot, she told CNN last year, Michele Lundgren, 73, was the Republican nominee in 2022 for a Detroit-based seat in the Michigan House of Representatives, but lost the heavily Democratic district in a landslide. Regarding the fake electors plot, she told CNN last year, “We were called on the phone, asked if we’d come and support President Trump and sign something, and we all went to Lansing. … We were just told to show up and sign this paper. If we had any information about it being untoward or illegal, we would not have done it.” 

if you sign documents and don’t know who prepared them, what they’re going to be used for, what they say, and you’re 73 years old…you are probably a Trump supporter

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Some of y'all still think there's a chance that he sees justice.  You've got faith that the Titanic will reach NY after it's been ripped open by an iceberg.  

But I too am infuriated that we aren't going to get what we want, and what real justice would be.  I want just one thing.  Just one.  For Trump to end up playing the role of the Colonel in Boogie Nights...

MV5BNjUxMDgxNTMtYzNlOS00NmEyLTg1MTQtNzVl

this one needs to meet the same fate and here he is admitting to executing fraud ....

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 7
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

If true, that's kind of disappointing to me.  Those would seem to be "process crimes," although there could be a ton of juiciness in the witness tampering stuff.  

Again,  if true, I'm going to guess they don't think they can convict on the obstruction of an official proceeding because of the ambiguity of the intent evidence.  That doesn't mean it's super ambiguous, before people freak the fuck out.  That just means it is ambiguous enough to throw a reasonable doubt in there.

Correct, the feds pretty much never charge something they aren't near certain they have evidence that practically ensures a guilty verdict. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

6CE366BE-6F22-48DA-9A0F-011FFDE39243.thumb.jpeg.755988b31b1e8e5aa2f6d685c93c4765.jpeg

Keshawn Maddock, Kathy Berden, Marian Sheridan, Kent Vanderwood, Stanely Grot, Amy Facchinello, Michele Lundgren, Clifford Frost, Rose Rook and Hank Choate.

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Only one is a realtor? Color me shocked 

Look at the photo.  You know every one of those people has a real estate license, even if they aren't practicing.

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Average age 66.   

Nice way for them to wrap up their careers and enter their golden years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Average age 66.   

Fake Elector: "Hey, son, I've got a bit of a problem."

Son: "Another scam call about your computer having a problem and you gave that stranger remote access to your computer again? Give your SSN to the "bank" when they called to verify your account? Sent more funds to the Nigerian prince?"

Fake Elector: "No, just signed some papers trying to overthrow the government. Maybe stop by on your lunch hour and you can fix it."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is what happens when dumb people think they are smart.  Fuck.  Around.  And.  Find.  Out.

The bolded.  Times 10,000.  This is a cousin of all the "sovereign citizen" idiot types, who walk into a court room, and tell the judge that they are not a person, they are a man, and he does not create joinder with the admiralty court with gold fringe on the flag and whatnot.  They think they're uniquely clever, and have figured out a loophole that lets them opt out of 250 years of American law and history, because they are smarter than anyone who has ever lived.

But in the end, they're all just different versions of this....a video that warms my fucking heart every goddamned time I see it....

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The bolded.  Times 10,000.  This is a cousin of all the "sovereign citizen" idiot types, who walk into a court room, and tell the judge that they are not a person, they are a man, and he does not create joinder with the admiralty court with gold fringe on the flag and whatnot.  They think they're uniquely clever, and have figured out a loophole that lets them opt out of 250 years of American law and history, because they are smarter than anyone who has ever lived.

But in the end, they're all just different versions of this....a video that warms my fucking heart every goddamned time I see it....

Joinder? I just met her!

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, The Dog said:

All y’all say it with me:

Former President Trump is a rapist.

Twice impeached, soon to be thrice indicted, former one term President Trump is a rapist

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Holy shit I have never seen that.  That was wonderful.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

His own fascist supporters and judges are attacking his lawyers? 

I do love how he just throws out mutually exclusive pejoratives.  His critics are both commies AND fascist.....it's like an aggy yelling about the awful opposing fans, "both Longhorns AND aggies!"

In short....he's one of the dumbest humans to ever walk the earth, he has no idea what any of those terms mean, and he just uses them to rile up his base.

Oh, and it works like a charm, because the reason they love him is because he's as dumb as they are.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated