45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Interesting take - this could be more about logistics than anything else.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

So many trials, so little time. 

Bingo. His schedule is packed with all the crimes he has to defend himself against.

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Not including Georgia and J6

🤣

59 minutes ago, kevwun said:

There's gonna be some absolutely vile text messages and emails that come out during that trial.

43 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

Half the country won't care.

Half? Oh, the number of people who still legitimately support him is far, far less than that, now. He never had half the country's support to begin with. And a good portion of the country who voted for him the first time regrets it now. Maybe y'all don't see it so much, since a lot of y'all live in a red state.

The problem is that the GOP knows this, too, which is why they are attacking democracy directly and openly now, doing everything possible to win the presidency with Trump now, and then ensure he never, every steps down. It's a horrifying deal with the devil they've made as a last desperate gasp to keep a dying party alive.

5 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

who gives a shit if half the country cares or not. this is about justice not anything else.

i cant think of anyone who has ever walked through life without any consequence. life is brutal. and generally, karma is a bitch. it may not happen when you or i want it to but very rarely does it miss someone who deserves it. i cant think of any truly horrible person that didnt end up getting fucked 15 different ways by Karma. he will get his and it will be glorious to watch. he aint special. he doesnt have any magic. hell, the dude has had karma shit all over him in just about every endeavor he has ever been involved in. he just covers it up and pretends like the shit sandwiches he has been forced to eat over and over again were really caviar. but nah, he isnt a unicorn. he is just a rich white dude who has been afforded every advantage thus far. well that all stopped when he got indicted in NY and then in FL and now he is about to find out in GA and DC. the dude is fucked and he is going to fucking pay for all the absolutely stupid shit he has done. and im going to be laughing the entire time. he is responsible for millions of deaths worldwide (including my brother and my mother-in-law) and i will be cheering at his.

Welcome to the joys of being born rich.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Restless Native said:

Your lips to karma's ears. George W caused the deaths of a massive amount of people, and he seems to be doing just fine.

Wrong thread, but this is mostly a nonsense take. If Gore had been elected, he would've had to do the same thing.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Does it, tho?

Even a video showing Trump raping a 10-year-old boy while whispering the nuclear codes into Putin's ear wouldn't change their minds.  They'd all say that's nothing compared to what's on Hunter's laptop and Hillary's email server.

true. i dont give a shit if that third of the population ever changes their mind. they are beyond saving. but they know they are wrong. they know they are racist pieces of shit. and they bemoan that they have to apologize for it but their shame always shines through in a frustrated way that they have to apologize for being racist and sexist and for not caring about those who are most at risk. i mean how can you expect them to when they first have to worry about taxes, and govt spending on programs that help the vulnerable, and dont get me started on focusing on battling Disney for the hearts and souls of the children that Disney is trying to infect with the gay. I just shame them with Jesus's words until they finally give in or walk away... my point is we just need to force those people back into their holes and shame them into shutting the fuck up. its not ok to have any of those views and its certainly not ok for you to voice them or act on them or vote for them.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Half? Oh, the number of people who still legitimately support him is far, far less than that, now. He never had half the country's support to begin with. And a good portion of the country who voted for him the first time regrets it now. Maybe y'all don't see it so much, since a lot of y'all live in a red state.

This.  He has never gotten 50% of the vote or had 50% support.

2016: 231m eligible VAP, 63m voted for Trump (28% of eligible VAP, so almost 2 out of 3 voting age adults did not support him)
2020: 239m eligible VAP, 74m voted for Trump (31% of eligible VAP, so still almost 2 out of 3 voting age adults did not support him)

He averaged 41% approval during his time in office.  Far from 50%.  He left office at 34%.  

Half the country does not support him.  Half of eligible voting age adults do not support him.  He's never even gotten 50% of the vote, so half of Americans who voted do not support him either. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 7

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This.  He has never gotten 50% of the vote or had 50% support.

2016: 231m eligible VAP, 63m voted for Trump (28% of eligible VAP, so almost 2 out of 3 voting age adults did not support him)
2020: 239m eligible VAP, 74m voted for Trump (31% of eligible VAP, so still almost 2 out of 3 voting age adults did not support him)

He averaged 41% approval during his time in office.  Far from 50%.  He left office at 34%.  

Bingo.

And like I said above, the biggest problem with repeating "half the country supports him" is that it masks the direct, multi-front assault on democracy that the GOP is waging right now.

Those words -- "half the country supports him" -- are a lie created by the GOP to justify their election interference, ballot stuffing, gerrymandering, and voter disenfranchisement: You can't say we're attacking democracy if half the country supports this outcome!

BUT THEY DON'T SO STOP REPEATING A REPUBLICAN LIE

• Hook 'Em 7

my favorite is after i have shamed them with Jesus's words, they mostly fall back on "well i really just support his economic policies" and then its on like Donkey Kong... TELL ME ONE OF TRUMP's ECONOMIC POLICIES THAT YOU AGREE WITH AND ACTUALLY WORKED!!!

that fucker took a brilliant and hot economy and ran it into the fucking ditch over and over and over again with the stupidest economic policies in the history of ever. his one consistent economic policy was to do the opposite of whatever the black man in the tan suit did. agree with his economic policies my ass. you supported him because he made you feel good about your hatred of brown people. its just that fucking simple.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

It's what you look for when electing a President of the United States. 

No shit….

These are headlines that used to come out of places like Cambodia and Bolivia…

Every accusation is a confession…Dotard literally did his best to turn us into a shit hole country.
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

that is a whole different 100+ page conversation. Im not sure how to rectify Texas Governor Bush with Prez W but I would lay most of the above on Dick Cheney and his merry band of dipshits. and then down the rabbit hole we go....

Didn't mean to derail. I actually hope you are right about karma biting Trump's fat orange ass. It's just, this last decade or so has turned me into an elite-level pessimist.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Why does Maga believe that if trump drops out of the race, all these charges get dropped ?

DoJ doesn’t care he’s running for president 

A) they’re dumb, b) they’re fucking morons and c) it’s a “witch hunt bc he’s running” so if he’s not running, there’s no case. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

That seems long enough to help Trump but not egregious enough to get bench slapped by the 11th. 

And while I hate to give her credit for any move other than pure protect Trump, at some level she has to realize if she agreed with a date close to what Jack Smith wanted Trump and his goons would be after her and her staff. So she is in a pickle.

She also knows nothing about the issues, has no experience, and so likely needs a bunch of time to figure stuff out.  She needs her assisting Trump to pass appellate muster and not get her recused, and has to do a better job figuring out how to help him than her last efforts. 

Well, because of CIPA it's a pretty complicated case.  So, a trial date in just under a year is pretty well within expectations.  A lot of these bog down pretty bad on that shit, it seems.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Emotion Reaction GIF

Who is Andrew Wortman?

I mean, what more do you need to know?
Andrew Wortman 🟧
@AmoneyResists
Pro-Democracy. Gay AF. GOP hates 🇺🇸/democracy. Newsletter coming to Substack AUGUST 15th (Free to all Twitter subscribers) #BlackLivesMatter #ExpandTheCourt
Warwick, RIwhygriefmatters.orgJoined June 2016
99K Following
225.8K Followers

Good god, that dude follows almost 100k accounts. 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

31% of eligible votes, 35% of Americans 18 and older.  That's it.  Whenever even we, his most ardent dissenters, spew "Half the Country", that falsely bloats his support base and lets his MAGA nation thump their bloated chests with pride.  

65 out of every 100 adult Americans don't like him enough to vote for him.  And I'd say about 50% of us in total, want him dead.  Now.

Also, there's actual poll results we can look at. These are from the first week of this month, before any news of the 1/6 indictment:

Screenshot_20230721_111414_Firefox.thumb.jpg.03f10ca2ded887462bfdeb07f53e6715.jpgScreenshot_20230721_111409_Firefox.thumb.jpg.a411dfb01015014e9980dc3a268ec35f.jpg

The big takeaways for me:

More than 25% of the people who support him now will support him less if convicted. So his popularity hasn't even hit bottom yet.

The number of people who want to see Trump in jail is double the number who want him to get away with it scot free.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Wrong thread, but this is mostly a nonsense take. If Gore had been elected, he would've had to do the same thing.

Ana is super proud of this both siderism. Gore would have had a response but it is utter foolishness to suggest our next two decades of FAFO in the Middle East, set in motion with 7 years of fuckery by the Bush admin, would have played out the same with Gore admin.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, because of CIPA it's a pretty complicated case.  So, a trial date in just under a year is pretty well within expectations.  A lot of these bog down pretty bad on that shit, it seems.

She also knows nothing about the issues, has no experience, and so likely needs a bunch of time to figure stuff 

I should have been clearer, but yeah. 

30 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Minor nit:  more died in 9/11 than died at Pearl Harbor.

17 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Another minor nit: Hawaii wasn't "in our country" in 1941.  A horrific event nonetheless.

Another minor nit:  Some of the victims died at the hospital so not technically "at" Pearl Harbor.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

Was it considered a territory or a protectorate or what?

Technically, a major nit, the term "the United States"---which is the real name of our country ("America" is just shorthand and there is no such country on Earth with that name, technically), refers to all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, Midway, Wake, Virgin Islands (not the British ones), American Samoa, Mariana Islands, and a bunch of random atolls out that way.  At the time of December 7th, 1941...the term also included Hawaii and Alaska.  The Axis Powers may have referred to the people they were attacking as "(the) Americans", but they were fighting the U.S. Army, the U.S. Navy, the U.S. Marine Corps, and U.S. Coast Guard.  It's the U.S. Military or U.S. Armed Forces, not the American Armed Forces.  

Having said that, we all need to make a concerted effort in talking/writing to stop referring to "Half the Country."  I know it's convenient shorthand and speaks to the volume of stupidity saturating these 50 states (and others).  But it's 75mm, 35%.  And as shown above, it's actually dwindling.  Not as much as it should be, not as much as we'd like, but there is now a visible dent in that 75mm as they scurry away in shame to find another hole to hide in.  Can you imagine if it were actually half the adult population?  260 million people in the U.S. 18 and over.  That would be 130 million.  A nearly 75% increase over his current base.  We'd be fucked.  We wouldn't be on this thread because we'd have been rounded up and put in camps earlier this year.  

The only things saving us aren't political or sociological.  It's not Biden or the Justice System, or the Constitution.  It's three simple immutable laws of time and space.

1.  185mm out of 260mm American adults didn't vote for Donald Trump.  That's over 70%.  

2.  No matter what the myriad judicial outcomes and its effect/lack of effect on Trump and his base...the sheer volume of court dates, primary appearances, debates, and grift rallies, will take a serious serious toll on Trump and his supporters.

3.  There were only 75mm of them.  That's still a lot to cause serious harm to the nation, and it did, and will continue to do so.  But there weren't as many as they say, and thankfully-they were far, far more stupid and lazy than any of us thought possible.  That's what saved us, that most of them could fuck up a cup of coffee and only talk shit from their basement or cosplaying an AR-15.  They want a civil war, but thankfully-they're too fucking stupid to know who to actually fight.  

2 hours ago, Longhorn94 said:

i cant think of any truly horrible person that didnt end up getting fucked 15 different ways by Karma. 

Henry Kissinger is doing just fine.

Pat Robertson died rich and at a fine old age.

W/Cheney seem allright.  

Have you heard the aphorism "only the good die young?"

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Henry Kissinger is doing just fine.

Pat Robertson died rich and at a fine old age.

W/Cheney seem allright.  

Have you heard the aphorism "only the good die young?"

My horrible grandmother lived until just shy of 95. The other awesome 3 grandparents all died in their early 80s. Hate sustains 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

This is the wrong thread for you to post these very wrong ideas.

Everthing WhatTheBuck wrote was correct and that was just the tip of the iceberg.  How many members of PNAC would have been in the Gore administration?  There is no right thread for you to continue this nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, ohchaucer said:

As if there is anything - literally and truly anything at all - that will change a mind that has already been made up for a Trump voter.

Maybe there are still a few dozen people that are looking to be persuaded. The other tens of millions might as well vote tomorrow for as much as anything matters.

Just as with the previous election this isn't about changing the mind of any trump voter. It's about disgusting the people that don't usually vote enough to actually go vote. Enough were swayed last time to vote Biden to avoid Trump for 2021. We need enough to be swayed again and this time there's way worse info out there on Trump than there was last time. Get it all out through trial and hope it's enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Just as with the previous election this isn't about changing the mind of any trump voter. It's about disgusting the people that don't usually vote enough to actually go vote. Enough were swayed last time to vote Biden to avoid Trump for 2021. We need enough to be swayed again and this time there's way worse info out there on Trump than there was last time. Get it all out through trial and hope it's enough. 

Persuasion. It matters and works. 

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Huh.  Maybe I've just had the misfortune of knowing a lot of awful human beings.  And I have.  And I'm guessing you'd be surprised by how many of them never really had to face any significant consequences.  They were born assholes, lived as assholes, and died as assholes, and life never dealt them any unusually bad consequences.  They still had their money, social standing, etc.  I've just seen too many people get through this life being shitty with minimal consequences to count on karma settling the score.

Kind of like I've also known some really good and decent people who just can't seem to catch a break.  Plenty of good people get shit on by the universe, as right next to them, a shitty person skates on by.

Yes. Unless you live in a Hollywood movie, this is obvious. That is, it's obvious if a person opens their eyes to actual reality. Somehow, that's becoming maddeningly less common.

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

The problem is that the GOP knows this, too, which is why they are attacking democracy directly and openly now, doing everything possible to win the presidency with Trump now, and then ensure he never, every steps down. It's a horrifying deal with the devil they've made as a last desperate gasp to keep a dying party alive their criminal organization alive and themselves out of jail.

Very good post Rimbo. I hope you do not mind the edit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Wrong thread, but I couldn't disagree more. Nobody was pushing for that war before the Bush campaign to suggest Iraq was involved in the 9/11 attack and gathering long range WMDs to attack again. 

Gore wouldn't tell that lie. Gore would've seized the moment of universal support for America for something better than neo-conservative vicarious badassery and theft on a scale maybe never seen before in history.

I'll write no more, but I strongly disagree, my friend.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But what if the intelligence reports had been presented in the form of naughty song lyrics?

daniel-snider-tipper-gore-pmrc-1985-nume

Weren't those hearings from around 1990?  How is she looks, dresses, and photographs like a cookbook author from the early 1970's?  

Al, for as stiff as he was, was a pleasant enough looking fella.  Why did he marry that frigid catalog model from Jo-Ann Fabrics?  She already looked like his mother's age when they met.  WTG?  I wouldn't fuck her with Dee Snider's dick.

Anyway, back to Trump.  Trial dates being set for Docs., J6 target letter/incoming indictment, GA going full RiCO/Felony on Trump, Manhattan moving ahead swiftly, and Trump organization outbid on another CRE acquisition.  All in all, a rough fucking week for the Greatest President of All Time!  And oh yeah, he found out Rudy and Meadows flipped on him this week, and Ivanka still won't let him finger her

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated