2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I'm gonna spend far more time than you deserve responding to this, but here goes...

There were plenty of us who felt shameful and embarrassed at first.  Nobody likes to see their team in the headlines for negative reasons, and in the beginning of 2020 it seemed like this was just another misstep for an organization that seemed to make many.  But it quickly became evident that this wasn't about the cheating, it was a Get out of Jail Free Card that allowed opposing fanbases to tap into their darkest selves to scream at the team that has been kicking their asses for a decade.

It's the complete lack of intellectual curiosity to investigate further or acknowledge the countless players who have said the Astros were not alone.  (Carlos Beltran goes from Rangers to Astros and tells his new team that they are behind the times when it comes to sign stealing, yet not a single Rangers fan has the ability to put two and two together.) It's the booing of players who were in the minor leagues in 2017.  It's the villainization of Altuve, who in a sane world would be one of the most cherished men in the sport.  It's the ever shifting rationalization that allows fanbases to celebrate acquiring ex-Astros players while still booing those who have not left.  It's the discussions around the trade deadline acknowledging the lack of talent in the Astros minor league systems, while in the same breath claiming that the Astros were not punished.

We could be on here every single day begging for your forgiveness, and none of it would matter.  Because this isn't about the cheating.

Your fanbase has had a (still ongoing!) 48 hour conniption fit because a beat writer playfully (and accurately) pointed out that the team that popped bottles got shut out the next day while the team that had a mild toast won big, yet you expect me to believe that Astros fans are unique in their unwavering support of their team?  Get the fuck out of here.

That said... best of luck today.  Surely the Rays won't have any pitchers as good as Prelander Berroa.  

Thanks for the response and for what it's worth, I think it reflects positively that you felt shame and embarrassment at the scandal. That's a well-adjusted, emotionally healthy response to something as dastardly as what the Astros were doing and did-- proven beyond a shadow of a doubt fact.

But because of the way others responded, you are still justifying Astro fans, such as yourself, minimizing the insidiousness of it all.

I do think that eventually the booing and the hate for the cheating will be dulled and it won't be acute, but I hope it is never forgotten.

Just now, BeardIP said:

Thanks for the response and for what it's worth, I think it reflects positively that you felt shame and embarrassment at the scandal. That's a well-adjusted, emotionally healthy response to something as dastardly as what the Astros were doing and did-- proven beyond a shadow of a doubt fact.

But because of the way others responded, you are still justifying Astro fans, such as yourself, minimizing the insidiousness of it all.

I do think that eventually the booing and the hate for the cheating will be dulled and it won't be acute, but I hope it is never forgotten.

I'm honestly just thankful that my team's transgressions were merely on the field, and not (hypothetically, of course) the systemic sexual abuse of minor leaguers.  I can't imagine the shame I would have felt had that been the case.  

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, BeardIP said:

restoration of the "it smell like bitch in here" meme : r/MemeRestoration

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Daytime Jeopardy gonna kick some ass.

Damn, rumor has it that this will be one of the categories today: "Fanbases that have trashed statues meant to honor firefighters who died in the stadium."  I hear Rangers fans are experts on this topic, but unfortunately they won't be watching today. 

53 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

This shit is so funny.  It's just baseball, man.  It's not like the Astros organization fostered a culture of sexual abuse of minors in its farm system or something.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Insidiousness? Really? We banged on trash can to tip pitches for a half season in 2017, a tactic that was dropped in the opening games of 2018 because it didn't work, proven by the fact the Astros had a better road record than home record that season. 

Chuckie is absolutely correct. People are pissed that the Astros have pushed in their stool for 8 years on the field. The media was especially concerned with the fact that St. Yankee kept repeatedly getting bitch slapped by Houston. Case and point is Ranger fan having Astro balls drug across their face once again this past Sunday and all of the sudden the cheating bullshit comes out again, 6 years after it happened. Had the Rangers won, we're not going to be crying about Pudge and Juan Gonzales doing roids. 

Its the use of the word insidiousness that discredits every point you were trying to make. Baylor's scandal was insidious, as was Penn States. The Astros was wrong, but they have apologized, been punished, and paid the price for what they did and then some. Insidious? GTFO

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, texashorne said:

Its the use of the word insidiousness that discredits every point you were trying to make. Baylor's scandal was insidious, as was Penn States. The Astros was wrong, but they have apologized, been punished, and paid the price for what they did and then some. Insidious? GTFO

The Angels organization LITERALLY killed one of their players, yet it receives 1% the coverage/vitriol as the sign stealing stuff - because the Angels suck.  

It isn't about the cheating.

• Hook 'Em 6

And we inherited the scheme from Carlos Beltran who lifted it from the Yankees then Alex Cora exported it to the Red Sox and parlayed it into the 2018 World Series title.

Who gives a shit? Let the trolls be pissed off the point is we piss all over them and move on.

Ranger GM on their premature celebration:  

“I find it ridiculous that that’s even a subject, honestly,” Young said when asked if he was concerned about how much his team celebrated. “This is the most professional, responsible group of players that I’ve ever been around. We had a very subdued champagne popping, but beyond that, there was no partying. There was nothing outlandish. These guys had earned the right to pop those champagne bottles and that was the extent of our celebration." 

I guess if being a baseball exec doesn't work out for Young, maybe he can become a politician. 

5 hours ago, texashorne said:

Insidiousness? Really? We banged on trash can to tip pitches for a half season in 2017, a tactic that was dropped in the opening games of 2018 because it didn't work, proven by the fact the Astros had a better road record than home record that season. 

Chuckie is absolutely correct. People are pissed that the Astros have pushed in their stool for 8 years on the field. The media was especially concerned with the fact that St. Yankee kept repeatedly getting bitch slapped by Houston. Case and point is Ranger fan having Astro balls drug across their face once again this past Sunday and all of the sudden the cheating bullshit comes out again, 6 years after it happened. Had the Rangers won, we're not going to be crying about Pudge and Juan Gonzales doing roids. 

He actually described it as dastardly first, which is even more egregious. 

It seems nobody circles the wagons faster than Astros fans defending their cheating with a "they are just jealous cuz they ain't us" defense, especially if the adjectives used to describe the cheating is too strong and hurt the fee fees of the big baby cheaters.

Regardless, what will be funny is when the Rangers go as far, if not further, than the Astros in the 2023 playoffs after the public orgasm they've gave themselves for backing into the AL West.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

It seems nobody circles the wagons faster than Astros fans defending their cheating with a "they are just jealous cuz they ain't us" defense, especially if the adjectives used to describe the cheating is too strong and hurt the fee fees of the big baby cheaters.

Regardless, what will be funny is when the Rangers go as far, if not further, than the Astros in the 2023 playoffs after the public orgasm they've gave themselves for backing into the AL West.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952acdt9x09ny6jzui3mm

20 hours ago, BeardIP said:

I love how I’m 2023 the Astros fans just embrace the moniker and role of cheaters extraordinaire. There was a time it was half-heartedly denied, and then there were the attempts to equate every other team as cheaters to try and make cheating seem acceptable, but now it’s just flat out “we are all pieces of crap and we sold our souls and dignity for hardware but at least we have the hardware!” level of just accepting the malady of the manhood that is being a flagrant cheater.

Hi, Helo!

You suck as this screen name, too.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, BeardIP said:

Stephen Curry Bae GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by Rimbo

Stealing signs isn't cheating.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, BeardIP said:

insidiousness of it all?  For doing something that basically has been documented for 120 years of baseball history and was being done simultaneously by every team in baseball at the time?  Yeah, uh, no.  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Macklemore said:

The Rangers have their very own Helob except this guy is blasting his stupidity worldwide for all to see on Twitter. This is pure aggy. Well done Arlington.

Oh aggy, never change.  next year the Astros (if Dusty and Maldonado are gone and they have any modicum of health in the rotation) are going to be a 105 game winning monster of a team. It's funny that Arlington thinks this is our come down.  Seriosuly, the 2024 roster, if they do anything to add a decent hitting LHH bat in LF, will be the most talented roster the Astros have ever fielded offensively, and if the pitching guys come back from injury we will be pretty good there too.  

I love the fact that next year he will do the charlie brown having the football pulled away by Lucy routine.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Oh aggy, never change.  next year the Astros (if Dusty and Maldonado are gone and they have any modicum of health in the rotation) are going to be a 105 game winning monster of a team. It's funny that Arlington thinks this is our come down.  Seriosuly, the 2024 roster, if they do anything to add a decent hitting LHH bat in LF, will be the most talented roster the Astros have ever fielded offensively, and if the pitching guys come back from injury we will be pretty good there too.  

I love the fact that next year he will do the charlie brown having the football pulled away by Lucy routine.

Just to pile onto @Wulaw Horn post, the Astros probably understand their window closes after 2025 or a least it's a real "come to Jesus" time with extensions due. 

Most likely anyone the Astros might want to add in the offseason is on two year or more deal, and it stands to reason they'll be going all in.  There's not the justification for the Rangers to do that yet. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

No way that’s Helo. Beard is somewhat articulate. 

whoever it is is little bitch who is too chicken shit to post this nonsense from their actual account, but whatever the mere fact that someone went through the trouble of getting a new email to make this account to post about something the most have moved on from just shows how much the Astros and Houston are living rent free in this persons head.

This makes all the sooners who go out and buy UT Longhorn stickers to place on upside down on their mobile homes seem sane

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Also man Miami is the Rodney Dangerfield of MLB....  Finally make the playoffs for the fourth time in franchise history and can't even beat out the team that draws less than 20k fans to their home playoff games....

Miami also has two more world championships than the Rangers. Not really relevant to your post, but I thought it was worth mentioning. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Miami also has two more world championships than the Rangers. Not really relevant to your post, but I thought it was worth mentioning. 

Miguel Cabrera the Cub killa crazy he only made the postseason 4 times after that of course Mike Trout is totally jealous of making the postseason that often....

21 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Miguel Cabrera the Cub killa crazy he only made the postseason 4 times after that of course Mike Trout is totally jealous of making the postseason that often....

Angels team/roster management with Mike Trout and Shohei been a war crime for a while, absolutely baffling they haven't put anything together playoff run wise to even make a run at a wildcard since 2014...but has allowed the Astros dynasty to emerge nearly uncontested so guess that war crime worked out pretty well for us...

On 10/3/2023 at 4:43 PM, BeardIP said:

Others tried being nice.  I'll be what you want:  Fuck you and your opinion (about baseball hope you have a great day and life otherwise). 

Not one person that is bitching about the Astros fans would do a damn thing different if it were there team.  And baseball teams have done infinitely worse things and gotten 5% of the hate out of it that the Astros have.  Like has been mentioned, Odor's little brother sexually assaulting 16 year old boys.  

You're jealous, that's the extent of it.  We all know you admit it to yourself, just not anyone else.  Frankly I don't really care, just think it's dumb as shit we are still talking about something that was 5 years ago like it had anything but a negative effect on the Astros.  Oh, and btw, they are still kicking ass despite that.

Also, only an absolute baseball moron doesn't know that most of the league was electronically stealing signs.  The Astros definitely did it more advanced and skilled.  But if anyone thinks for a second that it worked in the playoff is a real life moron.  The Dodgers had 5 different sign sets, the Astros weren't stealing them with any level of accuracy. 

• Hook 'Em 7

22 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Stephen Colbert No GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I don't understand the Arlington insult because it's not like we've ever been the Dallas Rangers. We've played in Arlington the entire time, we're called the Texas Rangers, we're the DFW baseball team... 

Yeah it would be cool if they played downtown but they don't. 

On 10/4/2023 at 11:59 AM, wildcat09 said:

Astros: Dress Like Dick Dastardly Costume | Halloween and Cosplay Guides

Rangers: Actually, can't show that because it's extremely illegal. 

We can figure out a internet safe way to show what the Rangers did:

image.png.9fa812291b3ec913c613bbb2dd9f0cf8.png

Exactly this, except it was down it the Dominican Republic at the Rangers academy and the white chick is one of the players who was a minor and the lads standing behind the couch are the other Rangers academy players...