2023 Rangers/Astros thread of hate

ztejas

52 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Now if you want to bash the HEB commercials I’m all for it. 

Also the game on Saturday was at night, and on Fox. 

If you were watching the Friday night replay on Saturday at lunch on ATTSW of course they’re gonna show Astros promotions. Kind of their job. 

This was yesterday, Sunday, which is also part of the weekend.  First pitch was at 110pm according to the TV schedule.  We were hungover so lunch was later than it usually would be.  We sat down maybe around the third inning.  My fries has the most delightful hint of rosemary; not overwhelming but just right to really brighten up the dish.  

1 hour ago, hornmpa96 said:

It’s telling that you think this is a victory for your fan base. As an Astros fan, you’re dam right I’m disappointed about being only 17 games over 500 and in second place at this point. However, I’ve also seen this team come alive in October when it matters.

Does Arlington throw parades for being in first place in August?

I never once said this was a victory for the fan base, I only mentioned that having a season that most folks think is worse than projected and using gambling website projections to make yourself feel better about it is pathetic.

And to my original point,  thanks for being honest about your disappointment. Some of that undoubtedly comes from the high expectations from previous successful seasons, so it’s natural. It’s just weird to lie or try and pretend like you aren’t disappointed in this season, especially compared to the TEXAS Rangers season thus far, when it’s obvious you are and should be. You ain’t gotta lie to kick it, Craig.

Texas is playing with house money, we are a year ahead of the plan so if we get to the ALDS that’s a win. ALCS is an absolute success. 

Houston getting a wild card and scraping for life at this point in the season is just a glorious bingo card. Actually fans like David D trying to gas light how sad they are is actually the best part.

• Fuck You 2

40 minutes ago, AnimalTobacco said:

I never once said this was a victory for the fan base, I only mentioned that having a season that most folks think is worse than projected and using gambling website projections to make yourself feel better about it is pathetic.

And to my original point,  thanks for being honest about your disappointment. Some of that undoubtedly comes from the high expectations from previous successful seasons, so it’s natural. It’s just weird to lie or try and pretend like you aren’t disappointed in this season, especially compared to the TEXAS Rangers season thus far, when it’s obvious you are and should be. You ain’t gotta lie to kick it, Craig.

Texas is playing with house money, we are a year ahead of the plan so if we get to the ALDS that’s a win. ALCS is an absolute success. 

Houston getting a wild card and scraping for life at this point in the season is just a glorious bingo card. Actually fans like David D trying to gas light how sad they are is actually the best part.

I realize you are trolling (and doing it in the right thread for sure!) but you first said this season has to be "very disappointing". I don't know any Astros fan that would call this very disappointing. The injuries suck. Losing Aluve and Yordan for so long, losing Garcia and McCullers for the season - that sucks and is absolutely disappointing. I am sure you are disappointed that DeGrom is out for the season. Injuries always suck and can change a season. Sure I'd be happier if the Astros were up 10 more games but I think the result is pretty reasonable given the roster impact of the injuries. 

It has absolutely fuck all to do with the Rangers, Angels, Mariners, etc., though. I don't give a shit about those teams.

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

It’s time for animaltobacco to get crowdsourced for the umpteenth time and join the others in his crowded sock drawer. 

AnimalTobacco2 is geared up for when you are ready to try and censor someone for talking about how hilariously big of babies the Astro fans are.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I realize you are trolling (and doing it in the right thread for sure!) but you first said this season has to be "very disappointing". I don't know any Astros fan that would call this very disappointing. The injuries suck. Losing Aluve and Yordan for so long, losing Garcia and McCullers for the season - that sucks and is absolutely disappointing. I am sure you are disappointed that DeGrom is out for the season. Injuries always suck and can change a season. Sure I'd be happier if the Astros were up 10 more games but I think the result is pretty reasonable given the roster impact of the injuries. 

It has absolutely fuck all to do with the Rangers, Angels, Mariners, etc., though. I don't give a shit about those teams.

All very fair and reasonable except for the fact that Astro fans are disappointed to have this team (and especially this manager). As a victim of the success, expectations rightly or wrongly are set very high every year now and this season is a decidedly disappointing one, for a variety of reasons which we are naming.

It’s glorious and hilarious and life-giving to watch the Astros tread water in the AL West and it’s especially funny to make fun of David D when he thought the Astros were making their move to take the #1 spot, but then fail.

And it’s even funny that the Astros who have sort of beat up on the Rangers this year aren’t gaining ground because they can’t win a series against teams the Rangers have swept. Go Miami lol

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Telling people how they feel or how they should feel is idiotic. 

Yes. I'm not sure why but I really expected better from Donkey. Claiming that Astros fan are especially disappointed that Dusty is the manager is just so out of touch, it's too obvious of a bait. It's like the 12th time my youngest has told me he's feeling updawg with a goofy grin on his face. No son, I'm not gonna ask "what's updawg?"

Sometimes you gotta be just a bit more subtle.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Telling people how they feel or how they should feel is idiotic. 

Normally I'd 100% agree, but this is kind of the thread for it.

Astro fans being the "This is fine" dog with the flames everywhere on this thread in order to not have to admit to Rangers fans that this season has been disappointing, is an interesting play. We are all impressed with the machismo.

• Fuck You 2

21 hours ago, AnimalTobacco said:

Normally I'd 100% agree, but this is kind of the thread for it.

Astro fans being the "This is fine" dog with the flames everywhere on this thread in order to not have to admit to Rangers fans that this season has been disappointing, is an interesting play. We are all impressed with the machismo.

Why don’t you fuck off and be a Cardinals fan. 

Be nice, guys.  The strohs, remember, have singlehandedly helped bring the economy back from the brink by stimulating an entire high tech industry.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PitchCom is a wireless communication system used in baseball that lets a player request pitches without using visible signals. Major League Baseball (MLB) approved the use of PitchCom before the start of the 2022 season with the intentions of deterring sign stealing and quickening the pace of play.[1]

History
Traditionally, catchers have requested pitches using visible signals, typically by sequences of finger gestures. This has been prone to sign stealing, where a member of the batting team recognizes the signals and relays them to the batter. When a runner is on second base, or playing against the Houston Astros, the catcher commonly visits the pitcher to change signs, delaying the game.

Edited by beer

1 hour ago, animaltobacco11 said:

Astros have, by a far and wide margin, the easiest schedule remaining of the 3 teams, and will still somehow choke. Like Walter said, I've never been more certain of anything in my life.

Astros have the 27th hardest SOS ROS. Rangers have the 15th, Seattle 8th. That’s by winning % of remaining opponents. All 3 teams are almost equal in number of home/away games.

Also, what about the recent history gives you the foggiest idea that the Astros will choke. Is it that, despite going to 6 straight ALCS, they’ve only been to 3 WS during that period?

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Astros have the 27th hardest SOS ROS. Rangers have the 15th, Seattle 8th. That’s by winning % of remaining opponents. All 3 teams are almost equal in number of home/away games.

Also, what about the recent history gives you the foggiest idea that the Astros will choke. Is it that, despite going to 6 straight ALCS, they’ve only been to 3 WS during that period?

If you've seen the referenced movie, you will understand that the guy who has never been more sure of anything in his life, was completely and humorously wrong. Similairly, I'm poking fun that, despite my spicy proclamation, there's a high chance I'm wrong.

But this is the thread of hate, so I'm not sorry for the spicy take and 100% rooting for the Astros to embarrassingly choke even if it's based purely on the emotion of my being an anti-fan than in any relevant data inputs or past patterns.

Capice, Antonio?

• Fuck You 1

On 6/6/2023 at 7:19 PM, TexArcher said:

When you look at the standings, make sure you understand that the Astros have had a staggering amount of injuries, and they're getting healthy, and the Rangers have a bunch of guys having career years at the same time, and regression is almost certainly coming for at least a couple of them.  

I mean, everything that could have gone your way has, and you're up a whopping 3.5 games with over 100 left to play.

Calm your tits.

Oh, hey.  What's new?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

4 world series. 2019 did actually happen.

• Hook 'Em 3

The Rangers are deservedly taking losses after their rank arrogance in constructing this team. Figures Arlington would be good at putting up a façade of a decent team.

They let Jon Daniels mortgage the future and then fired him. Clown franchise that will suffer for years as a result

Edited by Sal
  • Haha 1

Rangers were doing a pretty good job building until they invested way too much crazy money on the olds and risky injury prone guys. You do that stuff on the cheap, not with the future of your franchise. They have done really well with some reclamation projects and rejects that produced better than expected. Then they piss it all away on a pipe dream and piss away younger prospects that become All Stars with other teams.

Rangers were doing a pretty good job building until they invested way too much crazy money on the olds and risky injury prone guys. You do that stuff on the cheap, not with the future of your franchise. They have done really well with some reclamation projects and rejects that produced better than expected. Then they piss it all away on a pipe dream and piss away younger prospects that become All Stars with other teams.

A tale as old as time.
  • Like 1