Offseason thread- what is your favorite college football blowout?

qwertyu1234

2005 KU beats Nebraska 40-15 for the first time in a million years. Picked this game instead of the other blowout in 2007 (76-39) because the defense played better and the 07 game just made it 2 out of 3 games against the bugeaters, the 05 game broke the streak. This is the best video i could find. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

70-3 could have easily been 105-3.

That 2005 KU game was 52-0 at half and was the most dominating game ive ever seen us play. Not sure we didnt score every first half drive

‘05 CCG was more dominating because it was ostensibly a better opponent. It was 70-3 in the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I recall 10 minutes left in the quarter and we totally let the foot off the gas. 

14 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

‘05 CCG was more dominating because it was ostensibly a better opponent. It was 70-3 in the beginning of the 3rd quarter. I recall 10 minutes left in the quarter and we totally let the foot off the gas. 

I think that game is what sent the Buffs program in a tailspin, as after that the rest of the time in the XII, no one thought much of CU being a threat to win the league title...

6 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

70-3 could have easily been 105-3.

That 2005 KU game was 52-0 at half and was the most dominating game ive ever seen us play. Not sure we didnt score every first half drive

I was at that game. The guy behind me was complaining about our offense all through the first quarter. Finally, we turned around and called him out on it. He shut up. 

TCU 42- Ole Miss 3.  Those smug SEC fans walked into the Georgia Dome thinking all they had to do was show up, and that's apparently all they did.  When it became 42-0 with 13 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, all the Rebels or Black Bears, or whatever they call themselves now went home.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

TCU 42- Ole Miss 3.  Those smug SEC fans walked into the Georgia Dome thinking all they had to do was show up, and that's apparently all they did.  When it became 42-0 with 13 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, all the Rebels or Black Bears, or whatever they call themselves now went home.

That was a righteous ass kicking.

There have been better blowouts in Longhorn history, but I loved the 31-7 drubbing of Nebraska in 2003.  Most of our wins in the history of Horns' ownership of that program have been close, and it was glorious watching Texas on a beautiful Fall Saturday morning rush for over 350 yards against the Huskers. 

• Like 1

That 77-0 game is all the more amazing when you look at the box score. Ou did that with only one defensive score (I think), 10 of first 11 possessions went for TD, went entire 4th without scoring, white was 16-18 with 15-15 to start.... and anm never crossed their own 40 yard line. 

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMPimrsMEKQg8sFtLihe-

2005 UT 45 OU 12, what a cathartic way to end the 5 game losing streak.

The best Texas/OU game I've seen in person.  (I wasn't there for the 2008 game, which ranks pretty high for some folks.)  As I said above, I think Mack took his foot off the gas in the second half.  I really think we could've easily topped 50.

15 minutes ago, South Austin said:

The best Texas/OU game I've seen in person.  (I wasn't there for the 2008 game, which ranks pretty high for some folks.)  As I said above, I think Mack took his foot off the gas in the second half.  I really think we could've easily topped 50.

2006 was not really a blowout.  But I enjoyed it immensely.  Our defense knocked the shit out of OU all game long.  They made OU quit.  And it was the first Colt to Shipley TD in that series.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

2006 was not really a blowout.  But I enjoyed it immensely.  Our defense knocked the shit out of OU all game long.  They made OU quit.  And it was the first Colt to Shipley TD in that series.

Yes, great game as well.  We had defenders like Aaron Lewis chasing down Adrian Peterson in the backfield for a loss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluto said:

That 77-0 game is all the more amazing when you look at the box score. Ou did that with only one defensive score (I think), 10 of first 11 possessions went for TD, went entire 4th without scoring, white was 16-18 with 15-15 to start.... and anm never crossed their own 40 yard line. 

Don't forget the running clock in the 4th quarter.

8 hours ago, TrojanPrincess said:

55-19

I'll agree with the Princess here.  Now don't get me wrong I love me some Longhorn stomping the $ooners in the Cotton Bowl games but not sure we ever made them literally beg for the game to be over ala Dan Cody begging Matt Leinart in that 2005 Orange Bowl.  Dan Cody embarrassed his entire family with that one.

For me, besides the Texas/Navy Cotton Bowl National Championship game (Jan. 1964 - UT 28, Roger Staubach 6), it was the OU Game earlier that 1963 season.:

#2 Texas 28 - #1 OU 7.  That was a clear ass-stomping in those days. especially satisfying to mudhole those cheaters.

Check the passing stats in the box score (this was still in the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" era):

https://stats.texassports.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/stats/63/ut-ou.htm

Texas held the 1962 OU all American running back (Crazy Joe Don Looney) to 4 yards. Google up Wikipedia about Looney's totally discombobulated  life & career, which included a failed semester at UT. RIP.

Here's another article with interviews of his pro teammates illustrating how nuts he was:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/3/joe-don-looneys-place-history/

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1

I remember this game. That land shark defense got absolutely demolished. Best defense in SEC. A forever glorious data point on why big 12 offenses are unstoppable when functioning at high level.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My favorite non-Texas blowout was when Colorado walked all over Nebraska in 2001. Buffs backfield was fucking amazing, Chris Brown went for 200 and Bobby Purify went for 150. Nebraska was #1... they got fucking murdered 62-36 and the score doesn’t tell how bad it really was. Like a Mike Tyson fight, they rung the bell and Colorado started throwing knockout punches. 

I rather enjoyed the 70-3 game. I saw Barnett at a clinic the summer before the season and he couldn't have been more of a smug prick. 

That season started with talk of an extension for him https://www.denverpost.com/2005/06/27/cu-willing-to-talk-deal-for-barnett/

and ended with him getting fired after the CCG. he got a million for each point they scored in the game!  https://www.denverpost.com/2005/12/08/3-million-ticket-out/

I bet he was really pissed about Robison blocking that field goal...      

8 hours ago, Scholz said:

I'll agree with the Princess here.  Now don't get me wrong I love me some Longhorn stomping the $ooners in the Cotton Bowl games but not sure we ever made them literally beg for the game to be over ala Dan Cody begging Matt Leinart in that 2005 Orange Bowl.  Dan Cody embarrassed his entire family with that one.

It wasn't just Cody, Matt said there were several defensive players shouting out to "just end it now",  and Jason White said in an interview that "number 58" (Lofa Tatupu) was calling out the offensive plays before he could, the Trojan defense knew exactly the next play call.

Although my avatar is of a USC player, I felt it was fitting on this site, that it be a flexing Lofa over the body of Jason White.  Lol.

Edited by TrojanPrincess
  • Like 1

Two fun ones:

1990 against Houston. Enuff said.

1996 against aggy. It had been a disappointing season, with a bad loss to Virginia and close losses to Notre Dame, Colorado, and a bad OU team. A win against aggy would clinch the Big 12 South, but a loss would put us in a three way tie with Tech and aggy. We kicked their ass 51-15.

On 6/24/2018 at 2:53 PM, Assman said:

OU77AM0.jpg

This right here.  It was actually so much worse than the score.  Could easily have been 106-0.  

Also Jolly celebrating, while tackling the OU runner who was instructed to lay down, epitomizes everything Aggy, all in one play.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc