2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

20 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Don't know about his pants button, but as for his jacket button ... 

user generated

One of my fraternity brothers died my freshman year.  I owned one suit at the time, which was purchased for me to wear to homecoming my junior year of high school.  I put on a little good weight and a little bad weight in that time frame, and when I got that suit out of the closet to go to that funeral, it was

chris farley funny movie GIF

That was because I was a poor college student.  Elko doesn’t have the poor excuse.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Getafix said:

user generated

Jesus. I get that Duke isn't exactly a premier job, but I'm pretty sure their head coach makes more than enough money for a decent suit. 

I don't get as caught up on superficial shit as most of the fashionistas on this board; but when you're that size you've got to help yourself SOME.

1 hour ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Jesus. I get that Duke isn't exactly a premier job, but I'm pretty sure their head coach makes more than enough money for a decent suit. 

I don't get as caught up on superficial shit as most of the fashionistas on this board; but when you're that size you've got to help yourself SOME.

You think the problem with that scenario is that Elko didn’t have the money to buy a hideous maroon suit that no one outside of CS or accepting a job at aTm would wear?

in guessing the problem is that they fucking insisted he wear that piece of shit to that press conference as part of his contract stipulation and college station is an Off the Rack Big & Tall type town. That used tent from a surplus store wasn’t just hanging in his closet prior to this week waiting for the magical day. 

also he’s just a fat drunken slob. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Getafix said:

user generated

spacer.png

Dressin' like a millionaire. If that's a bespoke suit, it's saying, "Save me!"

My build is closer to his than to Brad Pitt's, and I don't have need for a suit much. With his money, I'd have a perfectly fitted one. He's running and is the face of a big operation. It's his job to project and inspire confidence.

Plus, I imagine tailored clothing feels great. 

ETA: I see that I'm on the cutting edge of responding to this.

Edited by RomaVicta

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

Dressin' like a millionaire. If that's a bespoke suit, it's saying, "Save me!"

My build is closer to his than to Brad Pitt's, and I don't have need for a suit much. With his money, I'd have a perfectly fitted one. He's running and is the face of a big operation. It's his job to project and inspire confidence.

Plus, I imagine tailored clothing feels great. 

ETA: I see that I'm on the cutting edge of responding to this.

His problem is that he doesn’t know how many handles of vodka he’s going to drink or how many XL Meat Lovers pizzas he’s going to eat in a week. I bet his weight fluctuates a lot. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Not really....he wasn't even on Ohio State's travel roster

I think I’ve heard this story.

He got in trouble the evening before they were set to travel, and his punishment was sleeping in the attic by himself. That night, the power went out and nobody’s alarm went off. The buses arrived in the morning and everyone was panicking, trying to make the flight, and no one thought to go wake him. Some vacuum cleaner salesman from Michigan just happened to arrive as they were loading the buses and this salesman was mistakenly counted as a member of the team. They left poor Abor behind in the attic and he struggled to survive in his own.

No wonder he’s transferring. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.