2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

19 minutes ago, Marshall_Lucky said:

Nolen’s Eugene visit will coincide with the next “atmospheric river” event tomorrow. Will be raining sideways with temps in the low 40’s, pretty typical dreary December weather in the PNW. Uncle Phil’s checks will buy a ton of Gore-Tex, but gotdam it’s gonna be nasty here this weekend.

Atmospheric River > Brazos River

22 minutes ago, mannewers said:

advantage kiffen.  he named his dog juice.  😡

Edited by MontereyMXmuthafucka
idiot

47 minutes ago, Marshall_Lucky said:

Nolen’s Eugene visit will coincide with the next “atmospheric river” event tomorrow. Will be raining sideways with temps in the low 40’s, pretty typical dreary December weather in the PNW. Uncle Phil’s checks will buy a ton of Gore-Tex, but gotdam it’s gonna be nasty here this weekend.

Nothing but floods and shit up here.  Thank god for whiskey and weed. And mushrooms.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

He's about to get paid. Good player but I question if the ROI is worth what you to pay for him? I'm saying no. 

1 hour ago, Marshall_Lucky said:

Hey guys, welcome to your visit to Eugene!   We will first tour the locker rooms where you will find you standard issue Nike travel pillow and Subarctic parka.  You will need these for all away games in Big 10 country!   Nearly every other weekend for your fall semester, we will be leaving on Wed, flying 3 time zones away for 5-6 hours and land in some godforsaken frozen tundra (assuming we are not diverted several hours away).  There you will play the most boring, no excitement allowed  football ever in places like Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin in temperatures ranging from negative 30 to negative 10.   For home games, all out games will be night games since sunset will be at noon, and your parents will be able to stream them assuming they stay up pass midnight!  Go Ducks!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, tokamak said:

So if we ain't getting Korie Black, why has Kobe pushed back his commitment date like a dozen times while the $9.95ers all still act like he's locked in? That doesn't add up.

What if the family wanted it to be a surprise, but all the 9.95ers couldn't keep their traps shut, and ruined the surprise? So now they tell everybody that he's not coming, so that when he does announce he gets to have his surprise moment,

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, tokamak said:

So if we ain't getting Korie Black, why has Kobe pushed back his commitment date like a dozen times while the $9.95ers all still act like he's locked in? That doesn't add up.

image.png.ce632cf565a7f232c3157981a112b254.png

Waiting til after his brother played in the B12 Championship Game, and then the availability of his HS facilities for the ceremony.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I think we can do Trey Moore calculator. 

I don't think it's fully sunk in how different things are gonna be in the transfer portal era.

Before, a kid that grew up loving Texas but didn't get an offer would use that as fuel to prove that we missed out.  Now, kids will use it as fuel to get an opportunity to transfer.

Sucks for the feeder schools, but sure does feel great to be king.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

What's the story with Neyor?  

I was excited when we got him out of the portal, then he just disappeared.  Was his knee injury worse than initially thought?

Yes, Gerry and Bobby have reported for weeks that the reason Neyor hasn't been playing is because he's not explosive since his injury. This is far from surprising in the context of good wide receivers being in the portal. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

What's the story with Neyor?  

I was excited when we got him out of the portal, then he just disappeared.  Was his knee injury worse than initially thought?

The only thing I can think is that he was behind Cook and Moore (and Mitchell if he stays) and would also be behind one or two transfers, which means no snaps in this offense.

Edited by mwaadeeb

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.