2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

24 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

I haven't seen bad play from Bush this year. Like at all. You make it sound like he's been the 2023 version of Luke Brockermeyer.

He's not our most athletic OLB/DE, but he is a solid contributor and quality depth. Guys like that are awesome because they stick around for 5 years and maintain continuity between classes. On top of being good football players.

OK. I stand corrected. I mostly was just trying to make a joke based on what I thought was a general consensus that he wasn't very good. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I think Lefau is going to be a contributor at LB next year.

I know we have a good group of young linebackers, but is there any way we can entice Nick Martin into the portal. He's probably headed for the draft anyway.

His effort on the play starting at 5:03 was impressive.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He still might. But he has his Covid year, we’d be thin without him and I imagine the staff would want him back unless we recruit like for like better than him in the portal and need that scholarship. Which cool, good problem to have. 

It's cool that we can offer some $crilla for this kind of situation. Guaranteed cash vs UDFA.

18 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Aggie 247, "Deuce Harmon to the portal" thread.

image.thumb.png.b2a16aa27fe5a6c068d55b4ec800512b.png

image.thumb.png.7ddc7b093eed9d95852f15ac02b0e9d6.png

image.thumb.png.8988b89e62b361147df024eebae4e7fd.png

Meanwhile, their starters (per the depth chart from OurLads):

image.thumb.png.eb92b13b86b6058699ed669453bf7e5b.png

Didn’t they try an upgrade their secondary last portal season and how did that work out got them?

Grimes- never saw the field

DeBerry- JAG

• Hook 'Em 2

So aggy groupthink has shifted with the (lack of) win(d)s.

1. We have the best recruiting class of all time.  We will be in the playoffs.

2. Jimbo sucks, but the recruits are still awesome.  Let's hire a coach that will keep them.

3. Elko is hired and aggy Titanic begins to sink.

4. Well, those guys sucked because look at our record.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Suicide rates are up similarly nationally. The top suicide states by an enormous margin are the rural west - AK, MT, WY, NM, etc. Washington is slightly below and Oregon slightly above the national median.

Those regional differences w/in Washington are basically a map of economic prosperity.

Anyway, back to regularly scheduled programming - didn't see it posted, but Blake Shapen committed to Mississippi State. So it could be a different familiar foe Texas sees next year.

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

How many starters are they losing now? Anyone keeping count? 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

So aggy groupthink has shifted with the (lack of) win(d)s.

1. We have the best recruiting class of all time.  We will be in the playoffs.

2. Jimbo sucks, but the recruits are still awesome.  Let's hire a coach that will keep them.

3. Elko is hired and aggy Titanic begins to sink.

4. Well, those guys sucked because look at our record.

I mean, if they had started at #4 and not tried to force Robinson onto the next coach to keep guts out of the portal, their coaching search probably would have gone better

• Prepare your anus 1

5 minutes ago, WBT said:

I mean, if they had started at #4 and not tried to force Robinson onto the next coach to keep guts out of the portal, their coaching search probably would have gone better

You know Bjork has to be absolutely shitting a brick. All of the moves he made so that he could prevent exactly what has happened. You have to wonder about the assurances he gave the money guys and how those are looking right about now.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, mannewers said:

Wonder how big the bag was? Otherwise, wtf is Bryce waiting for?

Yeah that's a head scratcher.  No idea why he ain't leaving.  They are going to have to load up in the portal for a Secondary.  They may have to start Sam McCall and Bobby Taylor at CB in the Texas Bowl lulz.

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

You know Bjork has to be absolutely shitting a brick. All of the moves he made so that he could prevent exactly what has happened. You have to wonder about the assurances he gave the money guys and how those are looking right about now.

Nah. Bjork is telling the money guys "We got our guy, Mike Elko. He understands A&M. And we got our #1 choice at OC. Penn State and Notre Dame both offered him, and he chose A&M. He's an innovative mind. And as for all the players leaving the portal? We weren't surprised at any of them. They are part of the bad culture, and we're going to get better players in the portal." 

And all the big money ags will eat it up and believe it (because deep down they are also aggy morons). 

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Nah. Bjork is telling the money guys "We got our guy, Mike Elko. He understands A&M. And we got our #1 choice at OC. Penn State and Notre Dame both offered him, and he chose A&M. He's an innovative mind. And as for all the players leaving the portal? We weren't surprised at any of them. They are part of the bad culture, and we're going to get better players in the portal." 

And all the big money ags will eat it up and believe it (because deep down they are also aggy morons). 

That last parenthetical succinctly explains what is otherwise inexplicable.

2 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Weigman staying to break Shadeur Sanders’ record for number of times sacked?

Early on I thought he was better than Quinn. Based on Quinn's improvement, I would call them more or less equal now. That dude's good. 

While he could improve his situation no doubt, there is value in being loyal too. Or he could just be an idoit.

• Haha 5
  • Fuck You 3

29 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Early on I thought he was better than Quinn. Based on Quinn's improvement, I would call them more or less equal now. That dude's good. 

While he could improve his situation no doubt, there is value in being loyal too. Or he could just be an idoit.

Screenshot2023-12-08at11_24_33PM.thumb.png.f0fc94bc945c115e9a9cb897c30e2e41.png

Just give him the Heisman.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

I understand aggy and have an innovative mind, but you wouldn't want me to coach them.

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Weigman is talented no doubt, but I am not sure he has broken 60% completion against a power 5 team. He is easily a year behind Quinn in development. One because of Jimbo's shittastic offense, but also because every time he plays he is in the equivalent of 20 car crashes behind that line.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Maybe he just wants a free trip to….Columbus….Ohio…?

I got a free trip to Columbus last Christmas eve. That wasn't actually on our itinerary, but that's where we ended up for about 18 hours thanks to Southwest's total meltdown. Pretty much the only thing my 12 year old knows about Columbus is that it sucks ass.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.