2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m happy to see Georgia coming to Austin on a slight down swing. 

Down swing? They just had a 29 game win streak snapped, coming off of back-to-back national championships. They were ranked #1 almost unanimously the entire year up until the last week of the season. They've had 2 losses in the last 3 years, both to Alabama. 

I'm not sure I'd call that a downswing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Bobby very initially said Staes is someone Texas would have interest in.  Then nothing happened.  Recently IT was reporting that Staes was not happening and now apparently Bobby is saying there is a chance that Sanders comes back. For the life of me I wouldn't understand that unless he is determined to make himself a 1st round pick and thinks he can do it with one more year (and no Bowers).

I believe he said Banks told Staes that he's their choice for a transfer TE but right now they won't know if they have a spot for him. Makes it sound like Sanders may return or at least the staff is confident enough in his return they went ahead and out Staes on the back burner. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

JT has a lot of lowlights in both pass pro and run blocking. He's really like a pseudo-receiver right now. He could become a first rounder if he drastically improves his blocking.

That's gotta be the only reason he would consider returning. He may be getting an NFL eval that his one dimensional nature will keep him out of the first 2 rounds this draft. I do think he's improved in blocking as the season has gone on. 

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Maalik has an opportunity to do the funniest thing next year. 

Really hope he goes to SC. 

For one I think he'd do well there and also I want to kick his fucking ass if we play them in the next 2 years. 

30 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This dude is legit and he also fits the bigger/down the field mold at WR.

If Golden jumps in I doubt they take another receiver until the spring window if at all. They can be extremely selective with an offer there

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:
Rebels247 has casted a prediction for Ole Miss to land the #1 player in the transfer portal, DL Walter Nolen 👀 Ole Miss already got a big commitment in Princely Umanmielen earlier today… Lane Kiffin is COOKING 🔥

— College Football Report (@CFBRep) December 16, 2023

i see what you did there futurama GIF

• Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Can you imagine Sweat and Murphy against - ahem - The Mountain?  😱  😱  😱  😱

Lulz.

image.thumb.png.b900c750c92645578535e9def95bcd2a.png

OMG he’s awful!! “Falling on my ass and getting run the fuck over with your size 15 on my chest while you murdered by QB Max.”

4 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Down swing? They just had a 29 game win streak snapped, coming off of back-to-back national championships. They were ranked #1 almost unanimously the entire year up until the last week of the season. They've had 2 losses in the last 3 years, both to Alabama. 

I'm not sure I'd call that a downswing. 

I mean you literally just explained that they won the national championship two years in a row and then missed the playoff this year. I know we're not used to that level of national prominence recently but that's the definition of headed down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Getafix said:

(Image, because twitter embeds no bueno.)

Can you imagine Sweat and Murphy against - ahem - The Mountain?  😱  😱  😱  😱

Lulz.

image.thumb.png.b900c750c92645578535e9def95bcd2a.png

The “Mountain” of average.  What a complete waste of talent.  Momma’s boy who let her decide his life for him.  Sad.   Maybe he can reclaim his shot put ability and actually compete for something that matters.

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.