2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

18 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

This seems like an appropriate enough time and place for a life update on another aggy 2022 5* legend, Chris Marshall. 

My brother is on the team at Kilgore Community College, where Marshall ended up after getting kicked from Ole Miss. He says Marshall is really good. They don't throw the ball a ton and he's been injured this year, but he's obviously very talented. That said, he'll show up to practice in street clothes because he's a "saturday only player." Sometimes he'll suit up for team/scrimmage portions and ball out, but generally just doesn't practice. Oh, and he missed their playoff game because he was in jail after getting busted with marijuana. In the article it says he got caught in a traffic stop with a quarter pound, which is dumb and not a big deal, but my brother said he'd been selling out of his dorm room and wasn't particularly discreet about it. 247 has him ranked as the #1 JUCO player but he hasn't signed anywhere this week.

That's a good update. The word during his recruitment was that he was a 5 star talent but a 1 star character. He was involved with the trafficking and using of various drugs during high school, allegedly. 

Many schools met the player and talked with the coaches at the school. Many schools moved on and never looked back. Fisher and Craig knew the guy's backstory and didn't give one shit because he was highly ranked and they'd managed plenty of shitheads previously. Whoop(s).

The bigger joke is that the recruiting services kept this guy's ranking elevated even though it became well known that the recruit had a monumental bust factor. Many times, services will downgrade players due to grades or medical reasons. They're apparently terrified of downgrading guys who are just obviously shitheels that will clearly find ways to fuck up their opportunities at college. 

Folks can go back and read about some of our takes on Marshall early and throughout the recruiting process. I personally thought it was quite absurd that he had a high ranking and that ATM was excited about him. I didn't think he'd implode as quickly as he did, but given what we know about the Fisher regime at ATM, there was pretty much zero infrastructure for discipline or helping headcases and shitheels. It was inevitable.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

[csb]  After we won the Big 12 championship, I met some friends at a bar in Houston after they flew back from Jerry World. Celebration drinks were flowing, we end up playing at the pool table for 3-4 hours.  Cool black lady comes over with her own pool stick and her group joins us shooting the shit.  We're watching FSU/Louisville game in the background and talking football with one of her friends. Ends up he's Denver Harris's dad. I was pretty wasted and was like "He's the one speeding through that Aggie parking lot, right?". He laughed. Said he wanted Denver at Texas but momma wanted A&M. He's still pissed about it. That's all I remember. [/csb]

Must be his bio dad cause his step dad did a lot to make sure he didn’t end up at Texas. Really push LSU as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Does Thames have an in to our program now being the Ewers mouthpiece? Feel like he’s broken a lot of news about us lately. 

Thamel has ins pretty much everywhere. He’s not getting all his Texas news from Ewers

The wording of this tweet makes me think it came from the Diaz/Duke side 

1 hour ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Does Thames have an in to our program now being the Ewers mouthpiece? Feel like he’s broken a lot of news about us lately. 

Some of us could have told you about Murphy several days ago. I’m kind of surprised one of the locals didn’t get that one out there, but honestly, how relevant is Murphy to Texas fans at this point? He’s kind of always been more national for anyone watching his film. 

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Some of us could have told you about Murphy several days ago. I’m kind of surprised one of the locals didn’t get that one out there, but honestly, how relevant is Murphy to Texas fans at this point? He’s kind of always been more national for anyone watching his film. 

Anyone could have you told you this after watching him or seeing Manning come in to cleanup against Tech.  

18 hours ago, Teryor said:

More old friends

I remember never hearing about him til he won the Nike Sparq thing in Dallas.. Bama, UGA immediately offered .. don't think UT was ever in it after that.. I always wondered what became of him.. like that tall WR Shavers(sp?) who went to Bama

7 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I remember never hearing about him til he won the Nike Sparq thing in Dallas.. Bama, UGA immediately offered .. don't think UT was ever in it after that.. I always wondered what became of him.. like that tall WR Shavers(sp?) who went to Bama

I don’t even know if there is enough data out there to review this, but it feels like guys that show up out of nowhere and light a SPARQ score up at a camp are destined to be busts. I’m not talking about well known and recruited guys that put up good scores. I’m thinking of the Mike Mamula Specials like Shavers and Kimber. Tyler Owens may not have had a camp score but he surged due to physical stats over on-field stats and fits the same bill. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/22/2023 at 6:39 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Denver Harris. Went to LSU. Then got kicked off LSU. 

Which Aggies see as vindication somehow. We got rid of him first, and now LSU has proven we were righteous and manly in our decision! Respect our decision.

They act like Harris just showed up on campus like any would-be Katy insurance salesman would. Then he failed Fish Camp and got in lots of trouble, so the Aggies had to let him go.

You idiots pursued him. Paid him. Gloated that he enrolled. He was part of your greatest achievement since 1998 maybe all the way back to 1939. The 2022 [choir angels hit note] greatest class ever. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

35 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

“Mike Mitchell reminds me of a young, smaller Brian Cushing,” said Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell, comparing Mitchell to the Pro Bowl linebacker for the Houston Texans. “He has the same build, the same mannerisms. He has the same work ethic.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

“Mike Mitchell reminds me of a young, smaller Brian Cushing,” said Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell, comparing Mitchell to the Pro Bowl linebacker for the Houston Texans. “He has the same build, the same mannerisms. He has the same work ethic.”

So then, is this Mitchell kid a B or a C cup?

IMG_2981.thumb.jpeg.9ca83931b2ddb1d0607f849cfd542f69.jpeg

• Haha 3

Losing out on Moore would be a shitty blow. Bad botch-job if so. Wonder how Bama made up so much ground so fast.

This may sound crazy but he might be the most-coveted portal guy this entire cycle so far. Who else had a top 3 of Bama, Texas, and tOSU or something similar?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t even know if there is enough data out there to review this, but it feels like guys that show up out of nowhere and light a SPARQ score up at a camp are destined to be busts. I’m not talking about well known and recruited guys that put up good scores. I’m thinking of the Mike Mamula Specials like Shavers and Kimber. Tyler Owens may not have had a camp score but he surged due to physical stats over on-field stats and fits the same bill. 

It’s basically the NFL draft version of the dude who shows up to the combine and test out of the world. They end up being over-drafted and bust 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.