2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

2 hours ago, txduck87 said:

He sure doesn’t seem like an ultimate super genius to me. More like a fucking moron. c7d82cae84c91eb2010854fa219a555b.jpg

You know he's not wrong. It's just that the fall date he'll be in college station is Nov 30th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I’ll ask here.  I feel like there were moments when cook was vocal about under utilized last season.  With golden and bond in   How does this affect the young guys 

Im honestly wondering if we should ever take more than 1-2 receivers in any class unless we want depth for special teams. It seems like the easiest position to acquire quality starting talent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

I can't remember him being vocal about being under utilized, especially playing as much as he did as a Tree Freshman. That being said he's been very vocal about being supportive of the incoming Golden and Bond

To add to what other posters have already said on this, Golden missed multiple games in both 2022 and 2023. It's likely injuries open up some time for others. And I'm not sure they roll with an obviously limited Golden, Cook, or Bond over what's behind them in the same way they have with Worthy the past couple years.

54 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

Glasses Join Us GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

• Hook 'Em 3

does jjmcarthy declaring suggest Harbaugh is gonna bounce (you would think so, no?  esp considering rumors Harbaugh is interviewing plus the circumstances overall)

assuming Harbaugh leaves, 

how many more guys can we take in the portal?

does it make sense to wait to see what happens at Michigan before taking anyone else (other than Niblack)?

perhaps there will be LB/DL available from Michigan and/or the program whose coach leaves for Michigan?

In any event, we might be able to aim higher at DL (assuming new guys come into portal following coaching changes) once we announce the new hire (assuming the portal stays open as the coaching carousel turns). 

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I respect it, but personally I'd like to see what our current WR's can do, while also saving some juice for other needs. (DLine)

I’m being greedy, but Quinn is enticing for any WR in the portal. Let’s have the best WR core in the country. We’ve seen what that looks like with Sark  

• Hook 'Em 4

does jjmcarthy declaring suggest Harbaugh is gonna bounce (you would think so, no?  esp considering rumors Harbaugh is interviewing plus the circumstances overall)
does it make sense to wait to see what happens at Michigan before taking anyone else (other than Niblack)?
perhaps there will be LB/DL available from Michigan and/or the program whose coach leaves for Michigan?
In any event, we might be able to aim higher at DL (assuming new guys come into portal following coaching changes) once we announce the new hire (assuming the portal stays open as the coaching carousel turns). 
Harbough is bouncing he has achieved want he wanted at UM plus they lose a shit ton of players on this team.

Harbough has hired an agent, completed interviews and that is not the behavior of someone who is staying. Ps NCAA sanctions are coming for Scout Gate.
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, alphahydro said:

Harbaugh doesn't really have a choice. Michigan is going to get hammered by the NCAA and vacate their title. Harbaugh is going to get a show-clause attached to him. He's doing a Pete Carroll. 

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

yeah, I get it. 

questions -

1. how many more transfers can we take?
  2. does it make sense to keep some powder dry (aside from Niblack) if we think more transfers are coming from UM and potentially other programs, depending on who UM taps to replace Harbaugh?

Just asking.  I don't know about roster spots left, who we might want, timelines, etc.

1 minute ago, alphahydro said:

yeah, I get it. 

questions -

2. does it make sense to keep some powder dry (aside from Niblack) if we think more transfers are coming from UM and potentially other programs, depending on who UM taps to replace Harbaugh?

Just asking.  I don't know about roster spots left, who we might want, timelines, etc.

Don't worry about the numbers.....

2 minutes ago, alphahydro said:

yeah, I get it. 

questions -

I see your fairly new to the board. Welcome. The mantra regarding transfers/portal is, "don't worry about the numbers," the coaches are comfortable showing anyone the door if an immediate upgrade is available.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.