2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

That’s crazy
He got the "last ride" part correct at least. I mean there's always arena, indoor football and whatever refried-tarded challenger to the NFL pops up every 3 years give or take, so maybe it won't be his last ride?

I think they just get the lambo for weekends here and there. That’s not their everyday driver car. 
Guarantee the Lambos and Aston Martins arent hanging out in apartment parking lots where these guys live. Special occasions only, and only if cameras will be around. Take this fwiw, but I've heard that in most cases the car isn't even leased out to the player...they consider it a dealership demo and extended test drive sort of thing. Of course the dealership picks up the insurance tab, can you imagine the premium on an Aventador driven by an 18-19 yo male?
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

I dont feel the way Rodney Terry feels about it, but I do hate when pieces of shit throw the Horns down just to spite us, but the last few pages of this thread make me feel infinitely better. If any of them low-rent future insurance salesmen had our number calling them, they'd answer in a heartbeat. I know a few of these incoming guys would have jumped at the opportunity to throw the Horns down during game week (or during the game if they held the brief lead), but when that phone starts ringing.................... we know who we are. And so do they. And they know that we know that they know. \m/

Embrace the hate. It’s only going to get worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Well yes, that doesn’t change the fact that the average lambo is <$400k.

Huracan is $275k new. Aventador SVJ is $500k new. You might be able to fine a 1/20 specialty model for a million. No dealership is going to give a collector’s item to a college kid. The cars they get are no where near that expensive. 

They’re probably weekend “rentals” they get access to

4 hours ago, Atticus said:

This is already a better WR room than last year. Will they produce like it? Who knows.

Yeah, it's not. Saying it is doesn't make it so. It has a lower ceiling and a lower floor.

Two day one/two guys and JWhitt is a very good top of the room. Even at the bottom they may be better but who gives a damn about the #5/6/7 guys.

Is it a good WR room? Absolutely. But better than last year? Not a fucking chance.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, NoName said:

Not a fucking chance.

Not a chance?  No chance at all?  Even after precipitous improvement offensively year over year that we’ve already seen?  I get that our top 3 were fucking awesome, but saying “not a fucking chance” is inaccurate. 

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Yeah, it's not. Saying it is doesn't make it so. It has a lower ceiling and a lower floor.

Two day one/two guys and JWhitt is a very good top of the room. Even at the bottom they may be better but who gives a damn about the #5/6/7 guys.

Is it a good WR room? Absolutely. But better than last year? Not a fucking chance.

Not a fucking chance that they can better than last years group? I think they can much better. The third and fourth options now legit dudes who have produced at a high level already. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Horn117 said:

This is correct. 

Maybe true but I saw Bijan with his lambo at the collective gym in north Austin right after he declared. Seemed like a normal run of the mill day and he was driving it.

He said hi to me with a smile as well. I shoulda winked at him but didn’t.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Noozak said:

Huracan is $275k new. Aventador SVJ is $500k new. You might be able to fine a 1/20 specialty model for a million. No dealership is going to give a collector’s item to a college kid. The cars they get are no where near that expensive. 

They’re probably weekend “rentals” they get access to

I wonder how this works in regards to insurance. My company was looking into a corporate event that included test driving multiple exotic cars; however, we decided to do something else in the event that someone crashed an Aston Martin and totally fucks up their insurance. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.