2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

3 minutes ago, SamMan said:

The real question is: does Texas DL coach = Texas LB coach?

26 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

It has taken some experimentation, but it's good that Sark has finally found the level of equivalence between Arizona and Texas: An Arizona DC ranks below a position coach at Texas and above an analyst.

Texas DL coach > Arizona DC

Texas analyst < Arizona DC

Uh oh. Looks like we have a little S. Mano a S. Mano showdown.

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Why would he not get good snaps? We aren’t loaded there…

Because we have a third year Terence Brooks and his cousin that both appear worthy of starter snaps and with a senior Gavin Holmes and early enrollee Kobe Black that presumably have some expectation of playing time.  Plus, the gossip was that Jahdae Barron wanted to compete for CB snaps so he could put that on film for the NFL. 

Meanwhile Bama just lost it's starting cornerbacks and Nike has decided their previous NIL restraint was holding back Oregon. 

12 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Why would he not get good snaps? We aren’t loaded there…

The important word is “guarantee”. We can all agree he is good enough to play, but if they bring someone new under the premise that they will get play without earning it, not so great for the culture. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Jabbar should starts just based on that clip alone. He tracked one of the fastest WRs step for step and then turned his head around as soon as Worthy did and broke up the pass. I haven't seen such beautiful all-around technique in the forty acres in a long time. It's almost masturbate worthy!

Edited by UTEE97

Jabbar should starts just based on that clip alone. He tracked one of the fastest WRs step for step and then turned his head around as soon as Worthy did and broke up the pass. I haven't seen such beautiful all-around technique in the forty acres in a long time. It's almost masterbate worthy!
Agree on the technique and no doubt Muhammad is a good corner, but not sure how much play time Worthy would have gotten if that was simply a regular season game. He certainly didn't have his usual shake, bake and go on that play.
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, ousux said:
39 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:
Jabbar should starts just based on that clip alone. He tracked one of the fastest WRs step for step and then turned his head around as soon as Worthy did and broke up the pass. I haven't seen such beautiful all-around technique in the forty acres in a long time. It's almost masterbate worthy!

Agree on the technique and no doubt Muhammad is a good corner, but not sure how much play time Worthy would have gotten if that was simply a regular season game. He certainly didn't have his usual shake, bake and go on that play.

Worthy possibly playing hurt doesn't take away from Jabbar's technique though. Wish our corners would learn to play like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Probably made easier because he played off ball coverage. What do you think?

Absolutely. 

And I will add, I think most (if not all) of the people who criticize DBs for not turning their heads have never had to cover a fast mother fucker and don’t understand the things that have to happen before the DB can justify turning his head. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Absolutely. 

And I will add, I think most (if not all) of the people who criticize DBs for not turning their heads have never had to cover a fast mother fucker and don’t understand the things that have to happen before the DB can justify turning his head. 

OR, they were taught the "watch the receiver's eyes" style of coverage and not the "turn your head" coverage.

OR, they were taught the "watch the receiver's eyes" style of coverage and not the "turn your head" coverage.
Correct, that's what I was taught in HS as a safety where PI was rarely called unless you tackle the receiver before the ball arrives, and timing patterns were rare. Corner may be different, never played there.

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

Jabbar should starts just based on that clip alone. He tracked one of the fastest WRs step for step and then turned his head around as soon as Worthy did and broke up the pass. I haven't seen such beautiful all-around technique in the forty acres in a long time. It's almost masterbate  worthy!

Don’t know why you want to masturbate  Worthy, but at least get it right.

#1💦👀

5 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I did play corner back at Ampipe High. Got a few interference calls, got in a fight with my coach and got kicked off the team, but it all worked out in the end. Was fucking Lea Thompson, too, so that dreary shit town wasn’t all bad. 

But you didn’t want to work at the goddamn mill!

• Hook 'Em 3

30 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I did play corner back at Ampipe High. Got a few interference calls, got in a fight with my coach and got kicked off the team, but it all worked out in the end. Was fucking Lea Thompson, too, so that dreary shit town wasn’t all bad. 

How did things turn out at Cal Poly?  

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, 89Horn said:

Seems like the right time to mention I spent a chunk of time in San Luis Obispo and married a girl from Cal Poly.

And I'm not not named Stef.

Carry on...

Edited by CAHorn
Added middle line.

87fe025d37688d48206e90ce784a058e.gif

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

You’re Eskimo brothers with my cousin

2 hours ago, 89Horn said:

Must have been pretty good, at least for coach who 6 years later got hired by Minnesota State and took the Screamin' Eagles to the national championship behind star QB Bo Whitley

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&amp;White said:

So we back channeling their basketball coach?

No but it sounds like there’s a chance Akina might be back on the table in a few days here at this rate. 

Shaping up to be the Bru McCoy of analyst hires 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, 89Horn said:

2 hours ago, CAHorn said:

Seems like the right time to mention I spent a chunk of time in San Luis Obispo and married a girl from Cal Poly.

And I'm not not named Stef.

Carry on...

Trivia:  "Cal Poly" generally refers to the SLO campus, but there is a very large CP campus in Pomona (Los Angeles County).   The campus is located on the old Kellogg (cereal family) Arabian Horse Ranch.

Jim Zorn played there, and Roman Gabriel was HC there.  

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Financial and operational mismanagement? He should have applied to Ohio State, I hear they love that type. 

I have no idea what Ohio State leadership was thinking in that hiring process? Let’s go pursue AD at the most mismanaged program in the history of college athletics. Maybe CDC’s phone number is a digit off and they misdialed? I can’t explain this nor can anyone else. 

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I wonder how the weather compares between Austin and where Cal Poly is

I'm glad you asked.   I was a meteorologist in the Navy, and over the next 5 days it's supposed to be partly cloudy with high temperatures in the upper 60's to low 70's, whereas Austin will have highs in the upper 60's to mid-70's, with a real chance of rain.

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm glad you asked.   I was a meteorologist in the Navy, and over the next 5 days it's supposed to be partly cloudy with high temperatures in the upper 60's to low 70's, whereas Austin will have highs in the upper 60's to mid-70's, with a real chance of rain.

See this is the dynamic info I come for.  Thank you.  

I have a Navy joke here. But i don’t wanna get off topic 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

4 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

4 hours ago, ousux said:

Correct, that's what I was taught in HS as a safety where PI was rarely called unless you tackle the receiver before the ball arrives, and timing patterns were rare. Corner may be different, never played there.

Cut It Out Reaction GIF

what_the.jpg.28721f1f4acf4c6fd0b9fff4f9779b1b.jpg

I drop outta this thread for 3 days...

Anyway.

Firing your AD immediately after hiring a head football coach is an interesting decision, to be sure.

Also... seriously, no one else thought of...

...Savea Prayer?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I wonder how the weather compares between Austin and where Cal Poly is

Cal Poly SLO, like most of the California coastal climate, blows the shit out of Austin weather.

There is nowhere in Texas with better weather than SLO down the coast to the Mexican border.  NOWHERE!

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Napoleon said:

Cal Poly SLO, like most of the California coastal climate, blows the shit out of Austin weather.

There is nowhere in Texas with better weather than SLO down the coast to the Mexican border.  NOWHERE!

I Guess If You Say So GIF

• Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.