2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

5 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Honestly, would we say no to Stewart? I get what y'all are saying about him being a bad culture fit, but he's a great receiver and we're losing a lot of production. 

Sark just gave a 5 minute speech on a winning culture. Not sure Stewart fits. He quit on his team this season, and did some not so quiet quitting against Miami. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Honestly, would we say no to Stewart? I get what y'all are saying about him being a bad culture fit, but he's a great receiver and we're losing a lot of production. 

Production in this offense is generally a given. Sark has pretty much always had a 1k+ yard back and a productive main duo of receivers.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Production in this offense is generally a given. Sark has pretty much always had a 1k+ yard back and a productive main duo of receivers.

I'll let Sark be the judge, but agree with you. Our offense will be good. It will be more dangerous with elite receivers, but elite receivers are not required.

Stewart seems kind of like a cunt.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

When is Bryce Anderson entering the portal?  Outside of him I don't really know who we'd want??  Nobody on offense, all those DL guys are OOS mercenaries.  

nobody on offense?

if all you cared about was getting on the field on Saturday i think Evan Stewart would destroy in this scheme. Muhammad is good.

quick shout out to Bryce Foster's mom for fucking up his olympic hopes because she wanted him to be as much of a redass as she is

i assume Texas would be interested in a ton of those DL guys (Turner, Regis, Scarlett, Hicks are all from Texas btw lol), NONE OF THE CBS outside of Chappell, and Anderson or Matthews at Safety?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=529379820

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, NoName said:

nobody on offense?

if all you cared about was getting on the field on Saturday i think Evan Stewart would destroy in this scheme. Muhammad is good.

quick shout out to Bryce Foster's mom for fucking up his olympic hopes because she wanted him to be as much of a redass as she is

i assume Texas would be interested in a ton of those DL guys (Turner, Regis, Scarlett, Hicks are all from Texas btw lol), NONE OF THE CBS outside of Chappell, and Anderson or Matthews at Safety?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=529379820

Donovan Green would be an elite poach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

Alabama is going to overpay for Stewart and multiple other players in the portal, specifically if they're not in the playoff this year. I think Saban is gearing up for one last big run. If they beat Georgia and get into the playoffs, who knows?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If I am hazarding a guess as to who could be potential portal guys for us. Gerry said 5-8, and I would imagine it would come from this group:

BJ Allen

Casey Cain

Juan Davis

Xavion Brice

Austin Jordan

Maalik Murphy

Larry Turner Gooden

Zac Swanson

Isaiah Neyor

I’d sign off on this being the list in a heartbeat. That wouldn’t even draw blood really. 

I’m assuming we lose a player or two from the OL and maybe a running back if Brooks returns. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If I am hazarding a guess as to who could be potential portal guys for us. Gerry said 5-8, and I would imagine it would come from this group:

BJ Allen

Casey Cain

Juan Davis

Xavion Brice

Austin Jordan

Maalik Murphy

Larry Turner Gooden

Zac Swanson

Isaiah Neyor

I think they may move Jordan to safety. I agree with most of your list but Bobby’s comments have me unsure on Neyor. 

BJ Allen

Xavier Brice

Casey Cain

Maalik Murphy

Zac Swanson

Larry Turner-Gooden

Juan Davis

Charles Wright

Is it SGW or Max Merrill the one that’s highly connected family? Whichever one isn’t is the one I’d pick. 

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think they may move Jordan to safety. I agree with most of your list but Bobby’s comments have me unsure on Neyor. 

BJ Allen

Xavier Brice

Casey Cain

Maalik Murphy

Zac Swanson

Larry Turner-Gooden

Juan Davis

Charles Wright

Is it SGW or Max Merrill the one that’s highly connected family? Whichever one isn’t is the one I’d pick. 

Merrill

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

BJ Allen

Casey Cain

Juan Davis

Xavion Brice

Austin Jordan

Maalik Murphy

Larry Turner Gooden

Zac Swanson

Isaiah Neyor

We want Austin Jordan to stay. Profiles to safety quite well and to be honest I’d play him at nickel before Gullibeau or however you spell his name. 

• Hook 'Em 7

12 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I am somewhat shocked by the small number of players from A&M who have declared at this point. Right now it's one, but last year this time it was a lot more, if memory serves. I know the DEC 4 date change may have had an impact.

They can’t leave because they’re under contract. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

CB is a position you wouldn't think we would need a portal body but it will be interesting to see play out. Brooks and Muhammad returning with Wilson, Mack and hopefully Black joining the fold. Probably a safe bet at least 2 of those guys will be ready to play early but you never know. After that it is kinda iffy assuming a guy like Xavion Brice departs. Don't they have Warren Roberson repping at corner right now?

Thinking out loud but I wonder what Gavin Holmes future is here. He has slowly been phased out over the last few weeks. Did he transfer here as a non-grad transfer? Part of me wonders if he might go back in the portal. 

Edited by Hookem2147

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

CB is a position you wouldn't think we would need a portal body but it will be interesting to see play out. Brooks and Muhammad returning with Wilson, Mack and hopefully Black joining the fold. Probably a safe bet at least 2 of those guys will be ready to play early but you never know. After that it is kinda iffy assuming a guy like Xavion Brice departs. Don't they have Warren Roberson repping at corner right now?

Thinking out loud but I wonder what Gavin Holmes future is here. He has slowly been phased out over the last few weeks. Did he transfer here as a non-grad transfer? Part of me wonders if he might go back in the portal. 

Pretty much an open secret at this point that Kobe’s older brother Korie is coming as a grad transfer, he should provide solid depth. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Holmes always lacked physicality, but he's not able to turn and run with any confidence either. So he plays off, gives up the catch, then misses the tackle.

I doubt he's anything more than spot depth next year. There's more upside elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

You forgot the transfer of Black's brother to UT. He would fill one spot. Mack will come in ready. Wilson's dad played safety so I assume Wilson has flexibility in positions.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread -The Portal Guts Texas A&M Like A Fisch
3 hours ago, Atticus said:

Holmes always lacked physicality, but he's not able to turn and run with any confidence either. So he plays off, gives up the catch, then misses the tackle.

I doubt he's anything more than spot depth next year. There's more upside elsewhere.

Sigh, he was noticeably better than his teammates at Wake Forest, even at 100lbs. I continue to get the impression Joseph is a better recruiter than coach.

• Hook 'Em 6

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.