2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

How many do you think we need.  If Wingo is an EE, I think it's highly likely he can start and Cook.  So maybe one?  I see Cain portaling out.  Niblett and Moore the first two off the bench.  I feel like I'm forgetting somebody?

You aren't forgetting anyone. I went back and looked at the roster and you have them all. But looking at recruits, only Wingo would be good enough to start (atm, imo), unless you think Dubose or Livingston change it up and come out of the gate ready (no fucking way). 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

How many do you think we need.  If Wingo is an EE, I think it's highly likely he can start and Cook.  So maybe one?  I see Cain portaling out.  Niblett and Moore the first two off the bench.  I feel like I'm forgetting somebody?

image.png.f7ed6478210a7e804b0058e37df3de4f.png

data from participation report:

DeAndre Moore (who has played in every game since BYU and burned his RS) + Niblett has only played in 2 games (Rice and BYU)

Cook has played in every game this year

Casey Cain played in the first 4 games, didn't play against OU, UH or BYU, played against KSU and TCU, didn't play against ISU and played vs TTU. maybe injured?

Neyor has only played in the Rice game.

Texas SHOULD be getting a ton of portal interest. they are going to be replacing something like 70-75% of their returning production catch wise, 90% of their receiving TDs now are leaving (all but Gunnar Helm's) and the returning player with the most catches is likely to be Baxter who has 18 now, then Helm with 17 and Cook/Blue who have 7 each.

add in the WR friendly offense Texas plays and whatever happens at QB and Texas should quite literally have the pick of the litter.

betting Cain is suggested to enter the portal. if they keep everyone else, including whatever Neyor ends up being, that's probably +1 or +2? they have 8 on the roster now. if Cain leaves and they keep Neyor = 7.

ourlads positions for those guys are:

• X WR - Cook
  • Z WR - Casey Cain + Isiah Neyor (i thought he was brought in to be more of an
  • H - DeAndre Moore + Ryan Niblett (thought he would be more of an X?)

i think combined those guys have 3 total starts between them, all from Casey Cain.

Sark is on record as saying he DGAF about the WR positions - compared to Herman who was iron clad about putting dudes in a box - and just wants his best WRs on the field so the position probably matters less than the general archetype

image.png.6e4aa3c5a2c1eb392d0b46fd1e8c57c3.png

the guy from South Carolina we are tied to (Juice Wells?) is listed at 6'1" 208 and has the funniest thing ive seen in an official bio in a while on his:

image.png.35a39b51094229377b0e546699f0f0ad.png

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

The conference realignment and the coaching change are killing Oregon State. After Smith left for Michigan State and took half the staff, they did promote their DC to Head Coach and he's an alum who starred at LB, but it looks like a lot of players will want out.

I mean, you can just say "Conference Realignment" and stop there. It begets the rest. 

3 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

2024 Transfer Thread: Fake accounts is all we follow 

2024 Transfer Thread: fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...can't fool me again 

How about "Fake Accounts BO&W Follows"

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You aren't forgetting anyone. I went back and looked at the roster and you have them all. But looking at recruits, only Wingo would be good enough to start (atm, imo), unless you think Dubose or Livingston change it up and come out of the gate ready (no fucking way). 

I would personally prefer to play Hampton on offense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Man I hope Sark goes for this dude. He's a good one 

The 6-foot-2, 195-pounder appeared in four games in 2023 and recorded one catch for 12 yards against Pitt. In total, James played 22 snaps in an Irish uniform. 

Coming out of high school, James was a consensus four-star prospect who chose Notre Dame over Georgia, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Stanford, TCU, Texas and Texas A&M. 

James will be the first departure of Notre Dame’s five-man 2023 receiver haul as Jaden Greathouse, Rico Flores Jr., KK Smith and Jordan Faison are set to return to the Irish program. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

The 6-foot-2, 195-pounder appeared in four games in 2023 and recorded one catch for 12 yards against Pitt. In total, James played 22 snaps in an Irish uniform. 

Coming out of high school, James was a consensus four-star prospect who chose Notre Dame over Georgia, LSU, Ohio State, Oregon, Stanford, TCU, Texas and Texas A&M. 

James will be the first departure of Notre Dame’s five-man 2023 receiver haul as Jaden Greathouse, Rico Flores Jr., KK Smith and Jordan Faison are set to return to the Irish program. 

So are you in?

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Texas didn't really want him before, I doubt they want him now. I could see one of the non-SEC regional schools taking a flier on him.

Damn. I did not know that. I thought he just committed to ND and he didn't look back. Kinda surprised Sark didn't even look at him. I know they wanted Greathouse, but still...

Just now, Spider2YBanana said:

Damn. I did not know that. I thought he just committed to ND and he didn't look back. Kinda surprised Sark didn't even look at him. I know they wanted Greathouse, but still...

They looked at him, he visited a couple of times, and they didn't push. I believe he was favoring ND anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus said:

They looked at him, he visited a couple of times, and they didn't push. I believe he was favoring ND anyway.

I think that was the recruiting equivalent of two friends where everyone around them says they'd be great for each other, and yet they have absolutely no romantic chemistry.

37 minutes ago, NoName said:

Casey Cain played in the first 4 games, didn't play against OU, UH or BYU, played against KSU and TCU, didn't play against ISU and played vs TTU. maybe injured?

Cain got hit with a lot of DNP - Slow and Bad. He's fine as deep depth but should absolutely be recruited over in the portal. 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Huh? We’re losing our top 4 receivers ( 3 WRs and Sanders) this year, and we don’t have much behind them. Cook should be expected to start, but Wingo is far from a given just like Cook wasn’t ready to start this year. Guys like Moore and Niblett don’t seem ready to start nor will any of the other ‘24 HS recruits. I’ll be surprised if the staff don’t take at least 2 WRs in the portal. Only taking 1 portal WR would be a very dumb move. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Huh? We’re losing our top 4 receivers ( 3 WRs and Sanders) this year, and we don’t have much behind them. Cook should be expected to start, but Wingo is far from a given just like Cook wasn’t ready to start this year. Guys like Moore and Niblett don’t seem ready to start nor will any of the other ‘24 HS recruits. I’ll be surprised if the staff don’t take at least 2 WRs in the portal. Only taking 1 portal WR would be a very dumb move. 

We definitely need at least one big time transfer at WR and the kid from South Carolina would be that. I don’t think it’s as dire after that though. Like you said, Cook can be penciled in as a starter, he’d be playing a ton as a true freshman at almost any other program, we just have 3 super upper classmen.

And I feel pretty confident that we can find a good #3 between Moore, Niblett, Neyor or Wingo.

I’d definitely like to find a decent TE though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

This guy is always full of shit but Sark is not letting Arch walk as a backup.  He will fill out Ewers portal paperwork for him if he has to.  

I was admonished recently for suggesting that we would encourage Ewers to enter the draft if we thought Manning would bolt. No way we'd risk losing him, heading into the SEC.

11 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Look at this fucking guy again. Shocked face I tell you. The article is even worse than the headline.

Regardless, it appears as though Manning is running out of patience sitting on the bench as the third-team quarterback and it appears to be a longshot that Manning returns to the Longhorns.”

Fuck Farrell, who obviously doesn’t know shit, but this reminded me, how bad is the Maalik injury? 

If we get boxed out of the playoffs and Ewers does declare, could we be looking at Arch getting his first start in a NY6 bowl? Seems like Quinn is leaning towards staying and I’d expect him to finish out the year even if he doesn’t, but seems like it’s in play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Fuck Farrell, who obviously doesn’t know shit, but this reminded me, how bad is the Maalik injury? 

If we get boxed out of the playoffs and Ewers does declare, could we be looking at Arch getting his first start in a NY6 bowl? Seems like Quinn is leaning towards staying and I’d expect him to finish out the year even if he doesn’t, but seems like it’s in play. 

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Watching victory88 & Friends Ignorantly Bawl All Over Themselves