2024 Transfer Thread - The Pedantic Circlejerk

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Ha. Exactly. I have a lot of tv and movie lines that I slip in for fun. That one is rarely caught. 

I feel dumb I didnt see it but bravo

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Needed Williams. But… unprofessional uncles are going to happen and OU will be there to scoop them up. 

To this point, the handler is getting half the dough. If you’re that weak at 21+ years old, enjoy life and don’t ask me to round up in the grocery line because your little sister can’t afford book fair. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

I don't think anyone had any confidence Nolen would actually play hard after he got paid

He played hard on the field and is motivated to be drafted right? He won whatever fuck award those idiots gave him last year right before flipping them the bird and entering the portal last year, and he was one of the better DTs in the SEC. Maybe he wasn’t a culture fit, no way for me to know, but he was talented and the narrative that we didn’t want him bc it was only about money seems inconsistent since we’re pursuing this guy who wasn’t as good and is only about money.

Anyway doesn’t matter now, we’re hoping to get this guy bc we didn’t get that guy.

It actually doesn't suck that it is all about money. That is one of Texas’ superpowers. We want it all about money. 

I guess…

Did you put a monumental amount of effort into making this ridiculously stupid post or did it just naturally flow onto the screen?

Not as much effort as it took for you to pull out all your big words and put them into one post.

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Needed Williams. But… unprofessional uncles are going to happen and OU will be there to scoop them up. 

He raised the ceiling of the D line but I think we do have reasonable depth. We just won’t  have the high end draft picks this year. 

8 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

He played hard on the field and is motivated to be drafted right? He won whatever fuck award those idiots gave him last year right before flipping them the bird and entering the portal last year, and he was one of the better DTs in the SEC. Maybe he wasn’t a culture fit, no way for me to know, but he was talented and the narrative that we didn’t want him bc it was only about money seems inconsistent since we’re pursuing this guy who wasn’t as good and is only about money.

Anyway doesn’t matter now, we’re hoping to get this guy bc we didn’t get that guy.

I guess…

Not as much effort as it took for you to pull out all your big words and put them into one post.

Nolen wasn’t that good and was "injured" every third play. Extravagantly talented. Huge bitch.

Look at these thrilling stats: https://12thman.com/sports/football/roster/walter-nolen/11557

This whole deal felt like Sark being aggressive to me. OU lured him into the portal but they had to sweat it and overpay because Sark went hard in the paint. This deal doesn't project strength for OU. They are limited and I think Sark is well aware. 

• Hook 'Em 6

This whole deal felt like Sark being aggressive to me. OU lured him into the portal but they had to sweat it and overpay because Sark went hard in the paint. This deal doesn't project strength for OU. They are limited and I think Sark is well aware. 

Just adding stress to the system. I love it. Last year we were bemoaning the loss of coburn and ojomo. But sweat and Murphy stepped up. This year Collins and broughton may damn well step up too. Nice to have waves of experienced guys cresting like this.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Poester said:

So, are we searching the bargain bin for DT’s at this point? 

I think we have enough on campus they probably aren’t taking anyone who isn’t a difference maker

• Hook 'Em 2

Sucks for Williams. Will miss out on the playoff experience and the lifelong benefits of being a Texas alum. Would have rounded out our roster nicely and put himself in position to be a likely 2nd day pick. Instead the ceiling now is a team who will battle for 7-8 wins… best case being weed-eater bowl (which he will opt out of), late round pick if he tests well.

Would have made Texas better by taking the rotation from good to great but doesn’t really elevate OU much… they have a world of problems and will find out soon enough.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Just adding stress to the system. I love it. Last year we were bemoaning the loss of coburn and ojomo. But sweat and Murphy stepped up.

Sweat and Murphy ended up being much better. Collins will be good but the other DT will be a downgrade and we are missing a dominant NG.

26 minutes ago, Poester said:

So, are we searching the bargain bin for DT’s at this point? 

I dug back through the thread a little bit and Bobby/Gerry had said that we would have interest in Derrick Harmon out of Michigan State if Williams ended up elsewhere. He's a pure mercenary - entered the portal in December, Sparty scrambled to put together an NIL deal to keep him, but he re-entered this spring anyway. He grades out well on PFF for what that's worth. We'd need to get him on campus pronto, he's already started visiting other places (CU and USC so far).

https://247sports.com/player/derrick-harmon-46078903/college-268838/

13 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Sweat and Murphy ended up being much better. Collins will be good but the other DT will be a downgrade and we are missing a dominant NG.

This is conjecture masquerading as fact. 

We're 4 months away from the season, and have 2 transfers (one of whom hasn't even arrived on campus) that may end up being great.  Savae certainly looked good in the spring game.  As did Alex January after only a few weeks as a Horn.

Plus, I'm still not giving up on Sydir.  If he can drop 20-25 lbs, who knows...and at 372, that's only like 5-6% of his body weight.  

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

This is conjecture masquerading as fact. 

We're 4 months away from the season, and have 2 transfers (one of whom hasn't even arrived on campus) that may end up being great.  Savae certainly looked good in the spring game.  As did Alex January after only a few weeks as a Horn.

Plus, I'm still not giving up on Sydir.  If he can drop 20-25 lbs, who knows...and at 372, that's only like 5-6% of his body weight.  

You aren't going to get a star this year out of a freshman, a DL transfer who was decent at his old school or a young DL who is marginally still with the team. That is wishcasting. Other than Collins, it will be a committee. 

You can put hopes into Vernon who missed the spring game because he had to get married ASAP after a short dating period. But, I have a feeling that he will be focusing on other things besides squats.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

You aren't going to get a star this year out of a freshman, a DL transfer who was decent at his old school or a young DL who is marginally still with the team. That is wishcasting. Other than Collins, it will be a committee. 

You can put hopes into Vernon who missed the spring game because he had to get married ASAP after a short dating period. But, I have a feeling that he will be focusing on other things besides squats.

Diapers?

I guess I should be worried but my give a fuck meter is at maybe 2. Maybe I’m just an idiot. 

Theres no RB on our schedule that truly worries me and we have two interior DLinemen that have been in the system for 4 years. Our Edge rushers should be really good if not elite. Not to mention we’ll likely have one of the best offenses in CFB. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I guess I should be worried but my give a fuck meter is at maybe 2. Maybe I’m just an idiot. 

Theres no RB on our schedule that truly worries me and we have two interior DLinemen that have been in the system for 4 years. Our Edge rushers should be really good if not elite. Not to mention we’ll likely have one of the best offenses in CFB. 

I guess we are assuming that Georgia will have a shitty OL and RB.

• Drool 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I guess we are assuming that Georgia will have a shitty OL and RB.

Yup, doubt UGA and Michigan will be able to run the football. PK will be deploying an innovative 1-5-5 scheme.

Edited by ATXhorn17

Posted (edited)

Etienne is a solid back, but he's hardly anyone that we should worry about. Donovan Edward's will be the best back we face in Ann Arbor, but even then my worry meter is also at a 2. No one else on the schedule is some kind of difference maker. Other teams should be worried about our stable of backs, and our offense will be elite with both WR's and RB's, and an o-line that will plow motherfuckers into the dirt.

Our defense will be fine, especially our edges. Our NG's and NT's will clogg lanes, and our DBs will be fine. Carson Beck is the only QB on the schedule who is worth a shit, and he's average. No Brock Bowers, either. Our schedule sets us up to dominate. We'll escape Michigan, we get UGA at home, and honestly, they don't worry me. They're good, but we'll be the only team they face that will punch back, and just like Bama we'll be ready. They should be worried about us. Ewers > Beck, and it isn't even close. Our WR's > their WR's/DB'S.

We'll be fine, settle down and stop gripping your depends. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Fucking iPhone, misspellings, and ou sucks sweaty dicks
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Yup, doubt UGA and Michigan will be able to run the football. PK will be deploying an innovative 1-5-5 scheme.

I’m way more concerned about our secondary even though I think people are overreacting about that too. If our offense fucks like it’s supposed to, teams are gonna be forced to pass against us. We need to get off the field on 3rd and mediums.

I had a nightmare that Max Merril stayed for his redshirt and covid years. 

His mom wouldnt let him leave. 

I heard he had a brother. He didnt play ball. But momma wanted him on scholarship anyway. 

OU still sucked. So, there was that. 

Worst nightmare ever!

53 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I had a nightmare that Max Merril stayed for his redshirt and covid years. 

His mom wouldnt let him leave. 

I heard he had a brother. He didnt play ball. But momma wanted him on scholarship anyway. 

OU still sucked. So, there was that. 

Worst nightmare ever!

Was Blake Gideon and Dylan Haines both starting next to Michale Taaffe in the socondary? Then it wasn't the worst nightmare ever.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

we’re dealing with rich ppl problems right now. We have 5&4 star players we just need to develop and get better.  I’m sure no one saw the jump Murphy and Sweat made, but the same can be said for Manny and Blue when they were inserted. 

Never wish bad on a player, (that shit might come back on us instead ) plus I thought Savea did damn good in the spring game. Fuck it we ball let’s work, we got dudes!! 

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

He played hard on the field and is motivated to be drafted right?

Absolutely not to the former.

10 hours ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

He won whatever fuck award those idiots gave him last year right before flipping them the bird and entering the portal last year, and he was one of the better DTs in the SEC. Maybe he wasn’t a culture fit, no way for me to know, but he was talented and the narrative that we didn’t want him bc it was only about money seems inconsistent since we’re pursuing this guy who wasn’t as good and is only about money.

There is no narrative that we didn't want him because it's just about the money with him, this is another fantasy you created. His issue is low effort on the field (and no effort to stay on the field) and performance/production  that comes nowhere near his potential. This has been a common refrain since he first stepped foot on their campus and hasn't changed. 

I didn't remember what a bad poster you are when you weren't around for a while. You're one of those people who seems better in memory than present reality so you should probably just go back to being a former poster. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - The Pedantic Circlejerk