2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

26 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry/Bobby Names to know:

Andrew Mukuba - Clemson
Juice Wells - South Caroline
Deion Burks - Purdue
Holden Staes - ND
Trey Moore - UTSA
Patrick Payton - FSU
Zavion Thomas - Miss St
Matthew Golden - Houston

Not exactly bread on that list. Golden is the most talented of those receivers but he really struggles to stay healthy. 

Edited by Newy25

For those curious about a Where Are They Now perspective on the Aggie 2022 class, the "Aggie by Class" tab tracks the status of each recruit, sorted by the year they signed with A&M, then by rating. There's a similar "Texas by Class" tab. They both go back to 2017. I didn't include Nolen since he's not in the portal yet and GH said that Aggie was better positioned to retain him. I did include Jake and the Overton brothers since it seems like they are likely to leave and the 48 hour clock has started.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1912575733

image.thumb.png.16f7f2a90b29f6ba676b14c178a2ccca.png

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Gerry/Bobby Names to know:

Andrew Mukuba - Clemson
Juice Wells - South Caroline
Deion Burks - Purdue
Holden Staes - ND
Trey Moore - UTSA
Patrick Payton - FSU
Zavion Thomas - Miss St
Matthew Golden - Houston

I'm kind of irritated that they're going after Tyree from Notre Dame. I admit that I didn't get to see much Notre Dame in the second half of this season, but I saw plenty earlier in the year. That guy would be an excellent fill for some of what Whittington does and some of what K Robinson does. 

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but guys that flirted with Texas last year include Barion Brown (KY), Bryce Anderson (ATM), and Evan Stewart (ATM). I feel like there was a defensive player at Utah as well, but that must be mixing things in my brain since I can't place who I was thinking about at the time. Anyway, if Brown enters again, I would still like to see Texas go after him. I'm meh on Anderson and a hard pass on Stewart. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Gerry is saying that someone in the SEC tipped him off to Zavion Thomas and Texas talking. Thomas was thought to be headed to Georgia. Gerry's got some pretty ridiculous access at Georgia, so I'm wondering if someone there didn't pass on something like "we're on him, but your boys at Texas are on him too."

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Gerry is saying that someone in the SEC tipped him off to Zavion Thomas and Texas talking. Thomas was thought to be headed to Georgia. Gerry's got some pretty ridiculous access at Georgia, so I'm wondering if someone there didn't pass on something like "we're on him, but your boys at Texas are on him too."

Do they have Thomas above any of Juice Wells, Sheppard, Golden, Raleek Brown ? 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

"Uh WR out of Miss St, uh you might want to remember that one Gerry. Just for the record, Zavion Thomas, putting that out there" - Bobby

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hornlover said:

Do they have Thomas above any of Juice Wells, Sheppard, Golden, Raleek Brown ? 

I wouldn't know at this point. Just watching on a lot of it the same as you since this is so early.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

"Uh WR out of Miss St, uh you might want to remember that one Gerry. Just for the record, Zavion Thomas, putting that out there" - Bobby

You have over 20,000 posts and most of them land like this - unnecessary, unfunny, and inaccurate. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Zavion Thomas saw an increased role on offense this year, going from two receptions in 2022 to 40. As a freshman, he made his name on special teams.

Thomas was a freshman All-America punt returner after finishing second in the SEC with 13.47 yards per return. Kick returns are also in his arsenal, highlighted this year by a 94-yard touchdown return on the opening kickoff in a loss at Texas A&M.

He appeared in 22 games across two seasons, collecting 42 receptions for 507 yards and a touchdown. Thomas, who came to MSU from Woodmere, Louisiana, also entered the transfer portal last year, though he elected to return to Mississippi State.

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I wouldn't know at this point. Just watching on a lot of it the same as you since this is so early.

You have over 20,000 posts and most of them land like this - unnecessary, unfunny, and inaccurate. 

Not to defend rake stepping BO&W, but Bobby literally said that on the livestream this morning. 

Edited by Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Not to defend rake stepping BO&W, but Bobby literally said that on the livestream this morning. 

That's part of the problem though. Regurgitating shit without providing context and not relevant to the prior post. Gerry flat out told the IT that someone who would know, who works in the SEC, has confirmed to him that Texas and Thomas are talking. That's an actual relevant and citable snippet for the thread. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That's part of the problem though. Regurgitating shit without providing context and not relevant to the prior post. Gerry flat out told the IT that someone who would know, who works in the SEC, has confirmed to him that Texas and Thomas are talking. That's an actual relevant and citable snippet for the thread. 

What more context do you fucking need when the post I quoted was you talking about Zavion Thomas and I directly quoted Bobby's comment on stream to Gerry about him?

• Like 2

Just now, Tex-19 said:

What's the scouting report on this Deion Burks guy? Had like 600 yards this year as a Jr and not much his first two years. That's all I know but sure seems odd that we offered him and not yet on Wells, Sheppard or a bunch of others.

600 yards with Hudson Card is a 1000 anywhere else.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Was backing up Lassiter  (Lassiter - 2nd team all SEC this year)

When the best thing you can say about a guy who's been on campus for 3 years and done is "he was a 5 star in high school back in the day", I doubt that guy is a take for Texas. Hope not, at least.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.